My SO kinda hurt my feelings today.....Kinda long

CaribbeanQueen said:
Girl, a similar thing happened to me.

...Oneday when I was finished washing, deep conditioning and flat ironing my hair DH was like :eek: . Now, when I say I want to grow my hair to my bra strap or waist, he doesnt make any silly comments and he doesnt doubt me.

My advice: Dont say anything to him now, just do your thang... you are making progress. And when your hair is flowing and blowing in the breeze remind him of his words. He will surely eat them ;) :lol:

I agree with this. I plan on making every one who doubted me including my boo look like :eek: by the end of this year. I know he probably hurt your feelings. He probably does see a difference but not that much of a difference (we know our hair and can evaluate it better than anybody else) but hair only grows so much every month anyway. I personally would love to have MBL or BSL by the end of this year but I seriously doubt I'll get it with the way the average hairgrowth rate is; so I'll settle for APL. Just stay motivated and keep doing what you are doing because the results are going to be crystal clear to everyone around you in no time. :)

It sounds like you've gotten alot of support already, but I just wanted to chime in and give you a (((HUG)))). Like the other posters said, men really don't think sometimes. I know that my DH has a hard time recognizing "details" like socks on the floor, hair on on the sink... he'd be lost if I tried to show him 1-2 inches of hair growth. :lol:

You know you're progressing and we see that you're progressing. It'll take him a minute to catch up, but he will! In the meantime, enjoy your personal "obsession" and know that all of us are right there with you! ;)

mightyisis6874 said:
It sounds like you've gotten alot of support already, but I just wanted to chime in and give you a (((HUG)))). Like the other posters said, men really don't think sometimes. I know that my DH has a hard time recognizing "details" like socks on the floor, hair on on the sink... he'd be lost if I tried to show him 1-2 inches of hair growth. :lol:

:lachen: :lachen: 'Nuff said!:lachen: :lachen:

You need to show him your comparison pictures, cause you do have some great progress. Don't let it get you down girl, you are on the right step. One day he will eat his words.

mightyisis6874 said:

You know you're progressing and we see that you're progressing. It'll take him a minute to catch up, but he will! In the meantime, enjoy your personal "obsession" and know that all of us are right there with you! ;)

I second this or third whatever the case may be. Also, don't let NO man (or woman for that matter), steal your joy and/or self esteem!! Pick your head up, beautiful hair and all...and walk tall! (((HUGS))) You have received a lot of advice...sort through it and we know you will make the right decision FOR YOU, and I feel confident in saying "we support you"! CHEERI-O!

don't pay him no mind. don't discuss your hair with him any further. he'll be eating his words in a few more months anyway.

CaribbeanQueen said:
My advice: Dont say anything to him now, just do your thang... you are making progress. And when your hair is flowing and blowing in the breeze remind him of his words. He will surely eat them ;) :lol:

:yep: That's what I was going to suggest. My SO made a snide remark early in our rlp before he knew how long my hair really was...I got it straightened one weekend and he was like :eek: "Your hair is so long and thick!" I was like :look: "I thought you knew that." But I had been wearing my hair curly and in buns a lot so he didn't really get to see the length.

So, just keep doing what you're doing because clearly, it's working. And when you reach your goal, flip it in his face. :lol:

Oh and remember...obsessed is the way the lazy describe the dedicated. :look:

All these ladies pretty much sum up my opinions on the issue...
I just have a hard time giving people advice when it comes to relationships. I dunno...:(;):lol:I suck at that.

SOOOO sorry our hair is such a sensitive issue for us ladies. My DH did not see any difference at first either. Now he's one of my biggest fans. We on the hair board see the progress, you know you have progress, that's all that matters. In a few months he'll be playing in your hair:D
Do mention it to him, at a later date.

guesswho said:
awww I understand what you are saying but don't let it get you down I wish I could hug you, don't try to understand the male sex they are retarded lol, my husband recently told me after so long of doing this hair thing, how full and bouncy my hair is I nearly pass out lol, they don't mean anything, but you should tell him how you feel, he has to understand this hair thing is very important to you, he must no that! this rose is for you feel better hun :rosebud:

Guesswho, you are really sweet, thanks. All of you ladies are too sweet for me:kiss: and everything you all are saying is so encouraging and so true.

Back