My new PS for the next 6 months... Loc extensions...! Pics included

Gr8ness83

I have been eyeing loc extensions ever since I learned of them. I had my hair in braids from mid-Jan to mid-May and got amazing growth. I am hoping to get at least 5 inches of growth by my bday and I will achieve this by protective styling, healthy eating and exercising (I already do), vitamins (Manetabolism), inversion and proper hair care (Protein, DC, oil, etc...) Anyway.... I have my braids installed and I am only halfway finished with my loc extension but I LOVE them. My SO was looking at them the other day and commented on how he really thinks he is going to like them when I am finished, I about passed out because he RARELY just comes out and comments on my hair like that.... I used the Zury Marley hair for the blonde in the back, it's really easy to work with, doesn't tangle much and is the perfect length, it is 27/613 and the front is Essence soft dred hair. It's very soft, I sepertate each "dred" into 3-4 sections and get 4 "locs" from one 'dred". That color is 33 I believe. that hair is the absolute easiest to work with, virtually no tangles
The last pic shows the braids that I installed almost 2 weeks ago. I wanted to wait for my hair to grow out a little bit because the loc extensions get pretty tight. I was going to do my entire head blonde which is why there are 2 blonde pieces in the front but I decided against that, also I had to figure out the right amount of marley hair to use because the locs would have been entirely too big for me to put up into a bun for work (mandatory, Federal Police... :-/ ) Let me know what you think... any input/suggestions.critiques and questions are welcome!

Attachments

• Loc extensions5.jpg
    Loc extensions5.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 202
  • Loc extensions7.jpg
    Loc extensions7.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Loc extensions1.jpg
    Loc extensions1.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 187
  • Loc extensions3.jpg
    Loc extensions3.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 203
  • Loc extensions9.jpg
    Loc extensions9.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 197
I wish I could post a picture if my sister. You look exactly like her.

By the way, you and your hair look beautiful.

Thank you all! I love the bigger ones as well but due to my job, I can't... I will post pics of the finished version when I atually finish them.. hopefully tonight, I have to work tomorrow so I don't know how realistic that is.....

Back