How to treat edges & nape when wearing buns?

hot_pepper96

I've been twisting my hair into a bun alot, making sure I moisturize first of course. The problem is my hairline and nape are thinning. I've been using MTG & also Castor Oil now for the past month on and off.

How can I grow my edges and nape in fuller, while keeping them from thinning more while wearing my buns?

I wear a bun everyday...I use MTG on my edges and I only do a loose bun with hair pins. I never pull my hair tight, and my edges are fine. I also use Profectiv Growth and Health Anti-Thinning Circulation Stimulant on my edges. If anything not combing it too often, and being careful not to pull my hair tight has made my edges progressively thicker.

I use organic root stimulator balm on my edges every morning and before I go to bed. My edges are fine and this lays them down well as well. No my nape I'm still working on that one.

Are you wearing your bun tight? I've never, ever had a problem with my edges/hairline. I hope that I am not jinxing myself, but nothing ever seems to phase them. I think it's because I try to avoid tightly pulled styles and I brush the hair minimally.

I've been using the Elasta QP mango butter, and so far so good. It makes my edges very soft and lays them down without making my hair greasy/heavy. It doesn't lay the nape down as much, but I think it helps with breakage.

I use Luster's Short Looks Gel'N. It gives my edges a nice sheen and my kitchen a little wave.

Back