My Mom Embarassed My Hair

O-ren

You have gorgeous hair! I am :perplexed when it comes to your mom's comments. I guess she just has to say something about somebody. Pshh. Maybe you should say that you're gonna cut off all your hair and rock the jheri curl and see what she says...

exoticmommie

Honey your hair is beautiful. I am so sorry you have to go through that with your mother. She has deeper issues obviously. Sometimes you do have to put people like that a distance. Basically you sound like you need a break. :bighug:

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
woooooooow. i don't wanna be rude, but i don't know what yo mama was lookin at. i'm lookin at your siggy and i don't understand how that can be confused with thin scraggly hair. ♥

coolsista-paris

girl courage you will need? i've been through that and i am almost still living it. even though i left home long ago and gotta family life..unfortunatly friend may be changed but not your family, so u gotta stick to it. but have a word with her

exubah

I feel ya pain........my mom's the same way....:nono:...just don't know what to say that's mindful of the feelings of others.

Stepiphanie

Your mom is a trip. I guess bc she's always been like this everyone just accepts it. I still think you should try to address it bc her behavior is completely out of line.You shouldn't have to constantly deal with such behavior, even if it's from your mother. I can see why you would limit exposure to her. Your hair is lovely btw.

ms.blue

Your hair is definitely not thin. Was she seeing the same hair as everyone else was? Some people just like to comment even though it doesn't make sense.

PrincessKia

Don't take what your mom said to heart.

As I was reading the post I kept having to look back up at your avatar. Finally, I reached the bottom thinking who could have anything negative to say about her hair. I mean look at it. It looks great!

If it makes you feel any better my grandma calls me her hippy grandchild because I'm natural and my hair is always out blowing in the wind. I just laugh it off which you should do too. (I know she loves me.) I think it's an older black woman thing when it comes to hair. They always seem to be so critical.

Jewell

Aww, I'm sorry you had to bear the brunt of your mother's insults, and in front of COMPANY!! {HUGS} Wow! What nerve! I think your hair is beautiful, and thick. It actually resembles mine when I was relaxing...with Optimum Multimineral Lye though. Who cares about what she thinks about chemicals, to each his own. Do what's workin' for you and keep it movin'! Don't get discouraged! I have a friend whose mother is like that and she really DOES have a mental issue.

My mother doesn't, but always thinks she's right about everything and everyone, and will almost never admit she's wrong...even on her death bed (God forbid) it would be a feat to hear her say, "I'm sorry, I was wrong." I'm just often glad I live in another state and don't have to deal with the drama and attitude! Keep up the work on your hair care journey, shake them haters off, and HHG! ☻

P.S. My mother did the same thing when she bought stuff for my baby, and also every year at Christmas always manages to present her gifts to each person first, like they are best and most important. {ROLLS EYES}

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Awe, next time you can borrow my momma...she's great at parties, and always keeps it lite and fun...Sorry you had to deal with that.You can pay her back when it's time to pick her retirement home....

kami02

My mom and my aunt's are like that in some way or another. I'm trying hard to make sure I don't turn into that same person. It's like the older people get, the more they THINK they can get away with. Your mom may not fully realize how her behavior makes you feel.

Lady Esquire

My mom and my aunt's are like that in some way or another. I'm trying hard to make sure I don't turn into that same person. It's like the older people get, the more they THINK they can get away with. Your mom may not fully realize how her behavior makes you feel.

I agree with this statement. My mom has no filter. But I am realizing that I'm hers and she's mine. So, you gotta just go with the flow and shrug it off. Trust me, its not worth the stress because you're not going to change it. So let her be. The only thing you can control is your reaction.

Some moms manifest their need to be validated by outshining, e.g., the gifts and such. And when they do not feel they are getting the attention they deserve, they push the limits. Kill her with love and kindness and maybe some of it may subside.

motherpopcorn562

Man, my mom used to do stuff like that on the daily. It got to were I didn't want to invite her anywhere... Now I just laugh if off b/c I know she can't help it. AND your hair is cute:drunk:

girlyprincess23

I feel your pain..though my mom does not take it to that extent.........i know EXACTLY the look you are talking about...that I am about to cut up and I know it look.....and then makes some ridiculous question or make some ridiculous statement.....She usually stops when I give her my quit it look though!!!

leona2025

Thanks everyone for the comments and compliments. Im used to my mother behaving this way and I definitely don't hold grudges. I know my mother loves me. She just needs to take course in manners. Usually I don't get upset about her comments or her behavior, but the fact that she was talking dirty about my hair and in front of company, well I had to do a mini rant.

SmilingElephant

OMG!!! My mom does stuff like that to me....but see....im Bipolar so...its like flipping a coin when she does...if i'm in a manic episode...i will go off on her and apologize much later...maybe.:grin:

Just roll ur eyes girl and keep up the good work...i think your hair is beautiful!:yep:

Ladylyn

My mom is like that too! Drives me nuts. So I just learn not to tell her anything that she can use against me. Now if she wants to result to anything relating to physical I could care less. I love me and every curve with it. BTW your hair is georgous