My hair isn't responding to anything!

CheerBear

My hair isn\'t responding to anything!

My hair was doing fine up until a couple weeks ago, I've done almost everything in the lhcf defense arsenal to combat this dry brittleness. Nothing is working, I havent changed my diet, I'm taking vits, i work out, im not stressed, but my hair has gone down the drain(not literally)
but it has started breaking again...The only thing I can think of that has changed is I havent been doing CO washes daily like I was when I was swimming...but what should I do??? HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!

Re: My hair isn\'t responding to anything!

okay....let's breathe
smile.gif
i went thru my hair getting extra brittle on me until i realized i had started doing my deep conditioning (Queene Helene Cholesteral) every week--thinking more conditioner MUST be good
nono.gif
not so in my case-- instead of once a month. Once i went back to once a month my hair has been like it's old self. Also i went back to using my Kemi Oyl down the length of my hair after blowdrying. The Kemi Oyl has my hair soooooooo soft
trampoline.gif
you may want to give it a try. I'm sure other ladies have other suggestions or things you may have overlooked. Good luck Cheer
kiss.gif
-- jainygirl

1.what in the world are u eating/drinking
2. think about what u were using when your hair was thriving. then use it. if u have to, go back to the old stuff.
3. *jan brady voice* Moisture Moisture Moisture!

Cheerbear, cheer up. it's probably not as bad as you think. It may also be stress-related
smile.gif

Could it be a change in the weather? Maybe you need to modify your regimen. It could also be the way you're styling it.

Well, you said you were doing more conditioner washes. Perhaps the water in your area is hard, and the frequent conditioner washes are now drying your hair out. Try a shower head water filter and see it helps any.

I'm sorry.. I thought you said you STARTED conditioner washing. My mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
dannie_19 said:
Well, you said you were doing more conditioner washes. Perhaps the water in your area is hard, and the frequent conditioner washes are now drying your hair out. Try a shower head water filter and see it helps any.

[/ QUOTE ]

oohhh good idea!!
smile.gif
i never even thought about whether or not she may have problems with hard water
wink.gif

Have you clarified recently?
More conditioner washes= more product buildup

[ QUOTE ]
bimbabe said:
Have you clarified recently?
More conditioner washes= more product buildup

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to it!

Yes maams! I clarified yesterday thinking this was the problem...I got a relaxer last week also...and I got strep and was taking penicillin..to combat the dryness for today, i got some of my s-curl, poured it into an empty spray bottle, added distilled water, EVOO and jojoba, mixed it up and sprayed on cause I couldnt take the brittleness..It's doing a little better

If you can't afford a shower head then you can simply do a final rinse with distilled water to combat the hard water.

Like D19 said, you may have dry water. Anyway, last year my hair started getting brittle, dry and breaking off (b4 I knew about protective styling). My stylist recommended www.janecartersolution.com moisturizing products. My hair lives by her line! It made my new growth SO soft. Another way I know it works is when my 16 yr. old younger brother asks me to buy more JCS nourish&shine when I go to get my hair done (WHAT?!). His hair went from dry naps to a shiny lil fro. I just let him have the rest my old nourish&shine and kept the new container.

It probably is the antibiotics. I get sinus infections a lot and I got one a month ago and I tell you it gave me a migraine for 5 solid days. Well needless to say they put me on pain killers and antiobiotics. As soon as I got back on my feet 5 days later, I washed my hair and I did a deep condition of olive oil and honey mixed with my conditioner. I covered my head with a plastic bag and hot towel and left it on for 30 minutes. After that I used the TIGI leave in conditioners Health Goddess and Ego Boost. I then put in a moisturizing leave in since the other two only strengthen and condition the hair and its ends. Afterwards I put in my hairdressing creme and oil. I did this for every other day for two weeks. Afterwards I went back to 2 times a week. I have been through this before and without fail, I will experience dry breaking hair after taking antibiotics. This time I didn't. Birth control pills and antiobiotics are well known for drying out the hair. Just try adding some honey and oil mixed in with your conditioner and leave on for 30 minutes. Do this every other day for a week or so. I think you will see an improvement. Right now your hair is crying out for moisture, moisture, moisture. Give it what it wants. Also use a moisturizing leave in conditioner every other day paying special attention to the ends.

P.S. I forgot to add. Immediately after the week or so is over with the moisturizing, do a light protein conditioner. Nexxus Keraphix would be a good one. Leave it on for no more than 5-10 minutes.

I think it's a high possibility that your water is hard...this happened to me while in school - the water was sooo hard my hair was breaking off badly

The water here is extremely hard, I'm going to start using only store bought water from now on

Get a shower filter. Check out showerfiltercomparisons.com/Compare_Shower_Filter_Technologies.cfm

I have an Aquasana and I love it.
smile.gif
The Sprite and Paragon are popular, too. You can find them cheap on eBay.

Back