My Friend Needs Help...ASAP!

Mochalolita

Hey ladies...one of my best friends is experiencing severe breakage in her hair...to the point where a bald spot is starting to form at the back of her head. She's taking supplements and all, but doesn't do her hair herself. Do you have any suggestions on what she can start doing to correct it, she would greatly appreciate it. She uses a Mizani relaxer and Doo Gro Thickening Growth Oil. She doesn't wash her hair herself, but the stylist uses Mizani Products. What can she do on her own that will help her? Her sylist wants her to cut all the rest of her hair off (even though it's healthy) to cure the spot. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hugs,
Crys

Yes, she should see a dermatologist first before she has her hair hacked off. She may just need a topical cortisone treatment which would help the balding area fill in.

yeah, she may have alopecia which has nothing to do with the health of your hair. she may need cortizone treatment. tell her to go to the dermatologist.

[ QUOTE ]
jaibee said:
yeah, she may have alopecia which has nothing to do with the health of your hair. she may need cortizone treatment. tell her to go to the dermatologist.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

Also, tell her to moisturize, moisturize and moisturize some more.

Thanks ladies! I gave your suggestions to my friend...she's going to make an appointment with the derm first thing Monday morning /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hugs,
Crys

Back