My first rollerset *Pics*

Mrs.Green

Ladies~ I did my first rollerset today. It came out very nice. I am 8 weeks post so it was puffy at the roots. My boyfriend said I looked like a lion :look::lachen:. I didn't want to blow my roots out because I like being surprised at the length when I relax at 12 weeks. So I just put a headband on and went out.

I have to practice a little more. I was nervous to run out of rollers so I made the parts a little bigger and had alot of rollers left. Next time I know I'll have enough, I can make them smaller and I have to practice the back of my hair I can't gage where I'm parting.

Roller Set Regimen:

* clarrified (it was time)

* Deep Conditioned with Silicon Mix

* Applied Lacio Lacio

Then rollerset. Here are the results. I may be switching to an all Dominican regimen. Love the way my hair bounces, swings and shines. I have no product in my hair. Just the Lacio Lacio and I put coconut oil on my scalp.

http://public.fotki.com/MrsGreen/my-first-rollerset/

Last edited:
Beautiful! It came out so pretty! I just did my first roller set with pins instead of snap ons. I loved the results. That Lacio Lacio works really well I see. I really need to get me some of that.

Thanks ladies~

I was so nervous at what it was gonna look like. It drove me nuts to sit under the dryer for so long (1 hour and a half). I am pretty sure this will be my winter regimen. :yep: Just need to keep practicing.

Your hair looks great! Nice job for your first time...you are going to master rollersetting.

I really would like to do that. I think rollersets are so sexy and now that I'm two snaps from APL I wanted to play around with styles other than the bun.

i'm so jealous! I can't clip those rollers in to save my life...i digress...
It looks really nice, OP!

I really would like to do that. I think rollersets are so sexy and now that I'm two snaps from APL I wanted to play around with styles other than the bun.

Yes, they are sexy. :yep: I rollerset my hair every week. My hair has thrived since I have started doing this...love this hair style.

:congrats: It's beautiful.

I'm with you on the Dominican products, especially the Silicon Mix. My hair thrives off that stuff. I just :love2: my silicon.

Nice work

Good job for the first time. I love roller sets my hair is growing really fast from doing it weekly (combined with other things)

Good job for the first time. I love roller sets my hair is growing really fast from doing it weekly (combined with other things)

Thank you all for the compliments.

This is what I've been reading. I am going to do this regimen for the next 3 months and see how it goes. I said I can't/don't want to live with wet hair for the rest of my life. It is good for the summer months :yep:. Now with winter coming I want to try something new.

You did a great job!!:yep:

Dominican products are excellent! I love Miss Key 10 en 1, Silicon Mix and Baba De Caracol conditioners.. Good stuff!

You did a great job!!:yep:

Dominican products are excellent! I love Miss Key 10 en 1, Silicon Mix and Baba De Caracol conditioners.. Good stuff!

Oh my goodness I love Dominican products. I truly think I'll be switching to a domincan regimen. I was leary at first because my hair seems to not be to crazy about protein. A week later I'm still loving the results.

I pincurl at night shake and go in the am. I'm not seeing any more shedding than normal. I'm pleased.:yep:

Gorgeous! I love it - and you just convinced me to try it this weekend. I need a new style - thanks!

How long did it take you?

Last edited:
Gorgeous! I love it - and you just convinced me to try it this weekend. I need a new style - thanks!

How long did it take you?

That is exactly why I tried rollerset. I was tired of the bun and it's getting to cold for wet hair.

It took me about 30 minutes to roll *first time* and one and a half hour under the dryer. Make sure you don't put to much hair on the roller :look:. I will know next time. Some pieces were to big and I would have dried much faster with less hair on the roller.

Back