My First Relaxer !!!!!!

Okay so it's not really my very first relaxer. My mother used to relax my hair. But I have been natural for years now and recently decided to try my hand with relaxed hair.
PICS !! 1st is the BEFORE (the long twist hanging down is from a strand test with the relaxer 2 wks ago)
AFTER front and back

I am super excited !!

here's what I am thinking about for my regimen:

relaxer: Affirm Mild every 12 wks by the only stylist who allow to touch my hair any more :lol:

wash every week

pre-poo: Castor / Alma / EVCO mix
shampoo: SheaMoisture moisture shampoo and Trader Joe's TTT shampoo
protein treatment: AO GPB (I was doing every week as a natural because I have such fine hair and flat ironed often, however I don't want to protein overload so I am thinking about using every other week)
deep conditioner: JASON sea kelp **open to suggestions**
leave-in: **need suggestions** Nubian Heritage heat protect leave-in conditioning cream
daily/reg/sealing oil: Jojoba Oil
style: I want to mostly rollerset

Last edited:
PICS !!!!!!

before (the long twist is from the relaxer strand test two wks ago) && after

Attachments

• image-2093070651.jpg
    image-2093070651.jpg
    419.5 KB · Views: 548
  • image-619435748.jpg
    image-619435748.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 543
  • image-2440331450.jpg
    image-2440331450.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 525
Before and after looks great! You did a great job!

Check out the sunnieb relaxer support thread. Her crew has fantastic ideas!

The relaxed hair fits you really well and based on how good it looks you must have been taking good care of your natural hair.

THANK YOU ladies !! I was sooooo nervous bedore getting it done but now I loved it :) I really appreciate y'all and your support!

I'm excited to start a healthy relaxed hair journey

havilland could you post the link for her thread? I am open to all good advice and need product suggestions

PICS !!!!!!

before (the long twist is from the relaxer strand test two wks ago) && after

WOW! Your hair looks awesome! :yep: :up:

It's so thick and healthy looking! :yep: I'm glad you went with the mild. I think that's a good choice....especially when going with Affirm lol. :giggle:

Your hair looks fantastic. If I didn't know any better, I would say you were wearing a weave! It looks THAT good. So healthy, sheeny, and THICK! Way to go! :yep:

Your hair looks beautiful. What a nice way to begin your hair journey with relaxed hair. You will most likely meet you goal in a short amount of time.

LovelyBwonderful said:
Okay so it's not really my very first relaxer. My mother used to relax my hair. But I have been natural for years now and recently decided to try my hand with relaxed hair.
PICS !! 1st is the BEFORE (the long twist hanging down is from a strand test with the relaxer 2 wks ago)
AFTER front and back

I am super excited !!

here's what I am thinking about for my regimen:

relaxer: Affirm Mild every 12 wks by the only stylist who allow to touch my hair any more :lol:

wash every week

pre-poo: Castor / Alma / EVCO mix
shampoo: SheaMoisture moisture shampoo and Trader Joe's TTT shampoo
protein treatment: AO GPB (I was doing every week as a natural because I have such fine hair and flat ironed often, however I don't want to protein overload so I am thinking about using every other week)
deep conditioner: JASON sea kelp **open to suggestions**
leave-in: **need suggestions** Nubian Heritage heat protect leave-in conditioning cream
daily/reg/sealing oil: Jojoba Oil
style: I want to mostly rollerset

Lovely hair OP! Do you mind sharing your hairdresser's contact info as I am in the mood for layers again.

Thanks for all the wonderful wishes and support ladies !!

longhairdreaming do you have a tutorial of the braided diagonal ponytail in the lower right of your avi??

Crystalicequeen123 thank you! I was so nervous my hair was going to like disintegrate or something with the relaxer (silly haha) I think I am going to stick with the affirm mild but when I get a touch up ask her not to leave it on quite so long because we were both thinking since it was the mild and my hair was so curly that it wouldn't relax it all the way. syke! my hair is like bone straight

halee_J no! I wish! :lol: I got it done at the salon

LovelyGirl I hope so! my goa is BSL in the back / APL in the front and I feel like that is so far now after my trim. It's crazy how even though I know my hair will be better for it, I still don't like having to cut it

Ann816 no I don't mind at all! Do you live in the 919 NC area? That's where my stylist is located. PM me! if so and you still want her info

trendsetta25 bellebebe thank you! =D

Back