My discovery

:yay:
ITA. I washed my hair last night and I tried to break the shed hairs apart and they actually resisted, some hairs I couldn't break! I love this new revelation! With hair this strong I should be able to gain lots of length.
:yay:

Wow!! I came in to say the exact same thing. I'm relaxed and m hair is loving the extra protein I'm putting on it. I am now 11 weeks post my last relaxer and I tell you I have had very little to no demarcation breakage as a result of the new protein addition to my hair.

Thank you so much Patricia for this new enlightenment. I noticed that with the protein, I really don't have to use heat or let it stay on that long either. 5-10 minutes without heat is working fine for me. I love it:grin::lick:!!!

ETA: I am keeping the proteins somewhat mild to moderate. I do have the hardcore protein but I don't think I will be needing it. I'll see. It seem that by adding some kind of mild protein once a week is perfect as long as it's followed or accompanied by some moisturizing conditioning as well. After moisturizing my hair after my last wash, it was ridiculously soft, so soft that I coulnd't keep my hands out of my hair, sorry Muffin....I will be continuing this regimen for a long long time to come.

:think::think::think:

ME TOO! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING AND FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.

You are so welcome! The beginning of my hair journey all I heard was moisturize.......It actually made since to me cause back in the day I had a jeri curl. Whatever that jericurl chemical was it needed moisture. I was faitHful to my moisturizing routine cause I remember how healthy my hair was with the jeri curl. Fast forward today:wallbash: I didn't need all that dang on moisture. I AINT GOT NO JERI CURL. :wallbash:. anyway a lesson learned. I moisturize a couple times a week now. I am so tempted to start a challenge. I've been getting such good feedback from you ladies and I hate to lose contact. I'm so happy people has been at least tryng protein out and liking the results. I wonder how many people would join a PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND CHALLENGE. I was thinking to keep it simple. Check in every week and share what product was used and how your hair feel. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR FEEDBACK:yep::yep:

Yes Patricia, this thread has certainly taken off and I would join it. It would be a great accompaniment to the delicious deep conditioning challenge that I'm in, so I'll definitely join:yep:.

Yes Patricia, this thread has certainly taken off and I would join it. It would be a great accompaniment to the delicious deep conditioning challenge that I'm in, so I'll definitely join:yep:.
BIG HUG TO YOU. ITS A SHAME I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD THE DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE GOING. I'VE REALLY BEEN OUT OF IT:wallbash:. I HAVEN'T EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT NOTHING BUT GETTING MY HAIR BACK ON TRACK. ON MY WAY TO CHECK OUT YOUR RULES!:yep:

So glad I found this thread. This just confirmed the advice I was given about my daughter. For the last couple of months, I've noticed her hair was getting shorter. This weekend, she was rocking a puff and when I touched it, the hair was so brittle and started coming off. She has lost at least 4-6 inches.

On Saturday I put some coconut oil on her hair overnight. Yesterday I washed, then applied MT and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. I then applied Hairveda's hair mask (can't think of the name) and let her sit under the steamer for 20 minutes. After rinsing, I detangled, sealed and put her hair in bantu knots.

I am going to start an album tracking her progress. Right now, I don't know how often I will do it but I know protein will be a regular part of her regimen from now on. Q

So glad I found this thread. This just confirmed the advice I was given about my daughter. For the last couple of months, I've noticed her hair was getting shorter. This weekend, she was rocking a puff and when I touched it, the hair was so brittle and started coming off. She has lost at least 4-6 inches.

On Saturday I put some coconut oil on her hair overnight. Yesterday I washed, then applied MT and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. I then applied Hairveda's hair mask (can't think of the name) and let her sit under the steamer for 20 minutes. After rinsing, I detangled, sealed and put her hair in bantu knots.

I am going to start an album tracking her progress. Right now, I don't know how often I will do it but I know protein will be a regular part of her regimen from now on. Q
Thanks Q. I have a challenge going on "PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND" Can you stop in and update us on your daughters progress. Big hug to you! :yep:

I will stay close to my protein. My hair stayed soft and felt moisturized after Joico Reconstructor for six days; the best I had before that was Aveda DR for 2-3. I'm wondering how all my hair didn't break off because I've obviously been protein deficient for years:lachen:. I think I'm giving up Aveda DR and sticking with Joico's keratin protein.

I feel so silly, all this time knowing you need to balance with protein/moisture and assuming since my hair is coarse I didn't need it since my hair felt so dry. I was scared of making it brittle not knowing it would help me stay soft:nono:.

Just throwing out some more love for this great therad :)

I will stay close to my protein. My hair stayed soft and felt moisturized after Joico Reconstructor for six days; the best I had before that was Aveda DR for 2-3. I'm wondering how all my hair didn't break off because I've obviously been protein deficient for years:lachen:. I think I'm giving up Aveda DR and sticking with Joico's keratin protein.

I feel so silly, all this time knowing you need to balance with protein/moisture and assuming since my hair is coarse I didn't need it since my hair felt so dry. I was scared of making it brittle not knowing it would help me stay soft:nono:.

Just throwing out some more love for this great therad :)
:love3:such a sweety

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! My hair CRAVES protein. I think I can do it every week and have no problem. I was afraid to try it because so many ppl talked badly about it. But I think I will join your challenge and do it every week!

And you know what is funny, after my protein treatment i decided to flat iron, my hair was amazingly soft, ends non frizzy, NO SHEDDING, just amazing! Any other time i would have a sink full of shed hairs and frizzy unmanageable ends, and brittle hair. Even if I did it after a DC.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! My hair CRAVES protein. I think I can do it every week and have no problem. I was afraid to try it because so many ppl talked badly about it. But I think I will join your challenge and do it every week!

And you know what is funny, after my protein treatment i decided to flat iron, my hair was amazingly soft, ends non frizzy, NO SHEDDING, just amazing! Any other time i would have a sink full of shed hairs and frizzy unmanageable ends, and brittle hair. Even if I did it after a DC.
Good to hear. Let me know if you want to join.:yep: What kind of protein do you use?

I ended up doing my BC early because my relaxed ends were like a bunch of elastic bands left out in the sun too long. I'm not mad because my hair has grown already, but I'm just like damn, all I needed was to find some aphogee and my hair would be like BSL-MBL by now instead of inching it's way to APL.

After reading a couple pages of this thread and i may have to step my protein game up. Instead of applying protein once a month, i need to apply it every week.

Thanks ladies

I ended up doing my BC early because my relaxed ends were like a bunch of elastic bands left out in the sun too long. I'm not mad because my hair has grown already, but I'm just like damn, all I needed was to find some aphogee and my hair would be like BSL-MBL by now instead of inching it's way to APL.
Join the club. I know without a doubt I would be at my goal length by now. I cut my hair off cause my colored ends were brittle and tangly. I wanted to cry. My hair was on the to much moisture side for so long I'm still recovering. My hair has thanked me for using protein. Hey check out the PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND CHALLENGE. HONEY WE IN THIS TOGETHER! Growing long hair and strong hair from scratch. Its really working out!:yep::yep:

After reading a couple pages of this thread and i may have to step my protein game up. Instead of applying protein once a month, i need to apply it every week.

Thanks ladies
Stop in the PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND CHALLENGE and let us know how the protein works out for you . I'm sure you will be fine

Im glad I found this thread! Ive been stressin about trying to make sure I find a balance between moisture and protein, all the while ignoring how GREAT my hair felt after using Mane-n-Tail Conditioner. My hair has been breaking alot lately,and Ive been soo scared to use anything with protein, because I was thinking it was some kind of protein that was breaking it off....... but who knows maybe not!

I have a question:
I just ordered a bottle of Mega-tek and was planning to use it on my scalp only, a couple times a week, as most LHCFers recommend. But I know the length of my hair could use more protein too (I worry about it breaking off due to me constantly wearing buns and ponytails).

Would any of you guys use mega-tek as an all over protein treatment, from root to end? And if so, how would u suggest I go about doing it?

I have a question:
I just ordered a bottle of Mega-tek and was planning to use it on my scalp only, a couple times a week, as most LHCFers recommend. But I know the length of my hair could use more protein too (I worry about it breaking off due to me constantly wearing buns and ponytails).

Would any of you guys use mega-tek as an all over protein treatment, from root to end? And if so, how would u suggest I go about doing it?
Wow I never used megatek but I'm hoping someone will chime in with a answer for you . Can you copy and paste this in the PROTEIN IS MY FRIEND CHALLENGE a lot of ladies use megatek and will help. I can tell you that nexxus emergencee is a good protein treatment

Im glad I found this thread! Ive been stressin about trying to make sure I find a balance between moisture and protein, all the while ignoring how GREAT my hair felt after using Mane-n-Tail Conditioner. My hair has been breaking alot lately,and Ive been soo scared to use anything with protein, because I was thinking it was some kind of protein that was breaking it off....... but who knows maybe not!
I love mane and tail too! I mix it with a small amout of liquid reconstructor and porosity control. love it love it love it!

Please try to catch it now. I would do the aphogee 2 step every so often then back away from protein again. I didn't realize my hair needed a dose of protein every week. Another thing I didn't mention, If I moisturize everyday my hair becomes weak again. So I only moisturize 2X a week

I agree...I wondered what was causing all my breakage! I use eggs and yogurt (together) as a protein condish in between my aphogee treatments (every 6 weeks or so)...the keratin 2 min reconstructor in the aphogee line is also really good.

Back