My Co Worker's Daughter's HAIR!! (PICS)

ksimmi82

My co worker comes into work constantly discouraged about her youngest daughter’s hair. She claims that it gets so tangled whenever she washes it and it has quickly become a daunting task that must be done every weekend. My co worker is Caucasian and is married to an African American man, and by the look on her face when she talks about this issue…she is sooo out of her element. I gave her a few tips and suggestions about moisture and protecting the ends of her daughter’s hair and she seemed very receptive. This past week she came into work and said she took her daughter to get her hair flat ironed for the first time…and child…when she showed me her picture I almost fainted in her arms! That girls hair is BEAUTIFUL!..I think I’m actually jealous of a 6 year old.

Attachments

• t2.JPG
    t2.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
THANK Heavens she was so receptive. Cause a lot of people are not. You know who many bi-racial kids I see with busted heads and their white mothers don't even want to take a tip.

Kudos to her

Wow, I know a lot of moms regardless of their race will have their bi-racial or black daugthers hair cut to about shoulder length when it gets too long. I was told by one girl that her mother had her hair cut because her mom didn't want to deal with it anymore.

when she showed me the pic I quickly asked if I could post it in this hair forum and she said sure...but you guys are right...I should blur her face for added protection.

That’s what I was expecting Ms Rae!...she told me her daughter's hair was a little past her shoulders...she clearly failed to mention the word..."SHRINKAGE" throughout the conversation

That’s what I was expecting Ms Rae!...she told me her daughter's hair was a little past her shoulders...she clearly failed to mention the word..."SHRINKAGE" throughout the conversation

LOL her mom doesn't know anything about shrinkage lol

Some mother's just don't want to bother with their daughters hair. I try give my Caucasian aunt tips for her daughter when I see them which isn't very often. One year I gave the a set a mixed chicks for kids to hopefully help with my cousins hair and they said well your hair is different from hers. Duh! that doesn't mean similar products wont work for both of us.

This Christmas my aunt said flat out that she is keeping my cousin's hair in a short fro until she is old enough to take care of it herself. She is not willing to deal with it or learn. She keeps a boy cut herself and her hair is stick straight.

I feel sorry for my little cousin who is 6 also because they moved 10 hrs away and there is no one there to help her learn. Sorry OP didn't mean to hijack.

Back