My Auburn & Brown Crochet Braids + The Priemiere of My Fotki!

BlackMasterPiece

So I was staring at my mom's hair all the time and decided I would do crochet braids too! I decided to go wild with the colors since I've been wanting to dabble in color but have been too terrified to color my real hair.

I did this all in one night in my dorm room. I used Auburn (color 33...I think) for the crown of my head and brown (color 4) for the bottom half and I threw in maybe three or four gold streaks too since I had them lying around.

The hair is super soft, light and bouncy:yep:

Here's my brand new (under construction) fotki! which contains the extensive complete album of my crochet braids http://public.fotki.com/BlackMasterPiece/

Lemme know if anything is unclear and without further ado....here's my crochet braids!:reddancer:

AuburnandBrownCrochetBraids012-vi.jpg

AuburnandBrownCrochetBraids001-vi.jpg

AuburnandBrownCrochetBraids071-vi.jpg

Taste the Rainbow! lol the pic below is the truest to the hairs color:yep:

AuburnandBrownCrochetBraids068-vi.jpg

This was taken at night so you can't see the true color but you can see the texture and the shine :)

AuburnandBrownCrochetBraids006-vi.jpg

M'kay I'm gonna stop now lol....the complete album is in my fotki:woot: Toodles!

AuburnandBrownCrochetBraids063-vi.jpg

Lemme know whatcha think!:grin:

It looks really good. At first when i read "crochet braids" i was like "oh no" cause back in the day they looked so fake and ugly but yours look really cute. Shoot I wan't some too...

very pretty. i used to get those braids done back in the day. you make me want to look into it again.

Now all that's left is a youtube channel. Love the color section. Can you separate or comb through the curls anymore? Off to check you fotki.

Now all that's left is a youtube channel. Love the color section. Can you separate or comb through the curls anymore? Off to check you fotki.
Yep....can't wait to post all my vids:grin:

Nope after I separate and gel each secion....no combing....I kinda like that lol....part of what makes this style awesome! Its nothing like caring for your own natural hair:yep:

Last edited:
^ OMG I really should have done zigzag braids in the back to prevent the issue of all these long hanging braids:blush::lachen:....yea I had to pin them next time I'll do cornrows going straight back for the front part of my head and in the back I'll do a continuous zig-zag so most of my hair can be up and outta the way:yep:

i'm gonna have to get a mannequin to practice all these styles lol!!! again lovely. how long will you keep them in? I have a zillion ??'s
is there any major shedding?
ok i'll try not to ask anymore 50-11 questions lol!

and for real on the side, you should really get your cosmetology license and open up a natural shop.

I'm really trying to be disciplined and keep this in for a full month

There definitely isn't major shedding....a few stray hairs come off when I'm messin with it too much and pulling at the ends but when I'm just walking around doing my thing day to day....no shedding whatsoever:yep:

Thanks for the encouragement longhairlover! I'm definitely deciding what I'll do with this unexpected talent of mine:love2:

i like them!! :D
yea, when i was doing my last sew-in, it was NOT fun sewing up those cornrows...the straight back pattern is not good for ppl with longer than SL.

you can do hair on the side of College make loads of extra money, especially since you can braid too. you never know what it will turn into, and you still have college as a back up :)

I'm really trying to be disciplined and keep this in for a full month

There definitely isn't major shedding....a few stray hairs come off when I'm messin with it too much and pulling at the ends but when I'm just walking around doing my thing day to day....no shedding whatsoever:yep:

Thanks for the encouragement longhairlover! I'm definitely deciding what I'll do with this unexpected talent of mine:love2:

Thats an awesome point, people are sort of gravitating toward me on campus regarding haircare...last week I did senegalese twist repair on a friend of mine and I recently had a professor contact me asking me to replicate one of my styles on her. I was like wow:blush: I'd be honored! lol so it seems like its getting off the ground as something I do on the side.....things are definitely progressing so thats a great point:grin:

Although from the sound of most of the stylists I've spoken to I'd be a horrible student in cosmetology school tellin them everything they're teaching is lies:giggle:

Back