MY 6 YEAR OLD RECEIVED SALVATION LAST NIGHT!!

BlkOnyx488

Ok let me start by saying I don't believe children understand what it means to ask Christ into your heart. So I in no way pressured him to do this.

Lately he has been asking about death and what will happen when you die. And if your skeloton goes to heaven.
The other day he told his father that when he gets to heaven Mike will be able to find him easy because he will "be in the boat with Jesus":drunk:

So last night he asked how do you know you will be going to heaven, I said, "well you have to confess it with your mouth and believe it in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord, and read Roman's 10:9 out loud."

So I went to my former's churches website and found the salvation prayer, he read just about every word, there were only 3 words he needed my help with.
When he was done, he said "yah!! now I can go to heaven!"

I am really happy because since we left our very large church we have taken a more relaxed approached to worshipping God. We attend a home church and weekly small group bible studies, but no more sunday school for now so I was a little concern for him. But praise God he is right on track. And I feel like he is coming to know God on his own terms and not at my insistance.

Ok let me start by saying I don't believe children understand what it means to ask Christ into your heart. So I in no way pressured him to do this.

Lately he has been asking about death and what will happen when you die. And if your skeloton goes to heaven.
The other day he told his father that when he gets to heaven Mike will be able to find him easy because he will "be in the boat with Jesus":drunk:

So last night he asked how do you know you will be going to heaven, I said, "well you have to confess it with your mouth and believe it in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord, and read Roman's 10:9 out loud."

So I went to my former's churches website and found the salvation prayer, he read just about every word, there were only 3 words he needed my help with.
When he was done, he said "yah!! now I can go to heaven!"

I am really happy because since we left our very large church we have taken a more relaxed approached to worshipping God. We attend a home church and weekly small group bible studies, but no more sunday school for now so I was a little concern for him. But praise God he is right on track. And I feel like he is coming to know God on his own terms and not at my insistance.

First let me say, "Praise the Lord"!!! That is wonderful!

Now, for the bolded, children do understand it, sis....more than you know.

They understand it more than adults because they don't have any motives and they know to trust. That's why Jesus said for us to come to Him like "little children", meaning to have their hearts!

I'm so excited for you...may the Lord increase His knowledge of Him and may he grow in the admonition of the Lord, continually!

Blessings!

That is so precious. Jesus said we have to become like little children to enter the kingdom of God. He's a testimony to this. Congratulations to him and you.

:happydance: This blesses me so much. Give your little man a great big hug :bighug:

I used to teach Pre-K and Kindergarten as well as Sunday School, and all of my 'babie's' loved Jesus and were not ashamed. There's such a beauty and treasure when a child accepts the Lord as their Saviour. :love2:

Congratulations "mommie" and 'daddie' on this beautiful journey with your son. Get ready for the adventures, which will take you from glory to glory. From this day forward, your son is 'marked' with the hand of God, and nothing shall be able to plunk him from the hand of God neither the God-filled Destiny that lies within. Amen.

Praise the Lord! That is why the Bible says we must become like little children, have childlike faith. Their little hearts are so open and willing to accept the Word! Another one for the kingdom of God!

Back