• MTG (Sulfur)

Votes: 44 44.9%
  • MN

Votes: 54 55.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mspm

Hi Ladies,

I'm relatively new here and I love LHCF! Which do you feel is better for growth - MTG/Sulfur or Monistat/Miconazole Nitrate? Thanks and God bless!

Interesting poll, i wanna know too. I've only used MTG/ MTG mix with good results.....

ETA: Update- I voted MN- MTG definitely works for me but its messy and stinks- MN works as well and is easier to apply. Although I would honestly have to say I think I got more growth in a shorter period with MTG...

Last edited:
I had better growth with MN, I got on the MTG bandwagon. I loved the smell, it wasn't greasy, easy to apply, and my head was growin like weeds, seriously-but it is making my head shed, and my hair stayed hard and course, no matter times I deep conditioned! So I have to stop. I'm just going back to MN fast growth, no shedding.

i voted mn but have never tried mtg. i hopped on the mn bandwagon and i cant believe it is actually true what people have said about the growth!!! i am amazed. i measured my growth and after a month, i obtained an additional 1/2 inch, total = 1inch!!! and the thing is i didnt even use it the entire month. i used it for about 10 days then stopped and started using it again about a week and a half after that. this month i'm going to use for the entire month and see how much more growth i get

MN, only because it was something I could stick with. I hated the smell of MTG and the oiliness. It just did not fit into my life and hair style AT ALL. MN on the other hand I could use just 2 times a week and get great results. I know many ladies use it everyday, but that was too much for me. I started getting headaches. I started using it just 2 times a week, applying on my scalp on shampoo days after I was finished styling and I got the same results. I think MTG helps the hair crank out faster, too, but I personally could never stick to long enough.

MTG stank, didn't use it long enough for growth. I'm using MN currently and it seems to work well, really well. LOL!

I find it hard to believe that more people are choosing MN. I mean, MTG is big on the board. Maybe it is just the product of choice amoung the people that have actually tried both is MN. I wold be willing to bet that if there was a poll asking which of the 2 has been used, MTG would get more votes by a long shot.

ok guyz i haven't posted in weeks and i'm sorry this has to be my first but is MN a virginal cream for yeast infection???:confused:

Monistat, Generic Monistat, Miconazole Nitrate Topical is an antifungal medication and prevents fungus from growing. Monistat, Generic Monistat, Miconazole Nitrate Topical vaginal is used to treat vaginal candida (yeast) infections. - XLpharmacy.com

i've joined the mtg bandwagon (and even laughed at the horsey jokes about it) but i think this will be too much even for a pj like my self! or is there a special one for hair? coz all the reviews i've seen are for this one. :(. i'm quite desperate for growth but...

zillaxy said:
ok guyz i haven't posted in weeks and i'm sorry this has to be my first but is MN a virginal cream for yeast infection???:confused:

Monistat, Generic Monistat, Miconazole Nitrate Topical is an antifungal medication and prevents fungus from growing. Monistat, Generic Monistat, Miconazole Nitrate Topical vaginal is used to treat vaginal candida (yeast) infections. - XLpharmacy.com

i've joined the mtg bandwagon (and even laughed at the horsey jokes about it) but i think this will be too much even for a pj like my self! or is there a special one for hair? coz all the reviews i've seen are for this one. :(. i'm quite desperate for growth but...

It is also used to treat other things, as well. Just look up Nizarol research and the use of anti-fungals to treat scalp conditions, as well as promote hair growth - the same thing that MTG does. The active ingredient of Nizoral is ketokonazole, which is just another another 'azole like Miconazole.

HoneyDew said:
It is also used to treat other things, as well. Just look up Nizarol research and the use of anti-fungals to treat scalp conditions, as well as promote hair growth - the same thing that MTG does. The active ingredient of Nizoral is ketokonazole, which is just another another 'azole like Miconazole.

thanks.

i guess i was expecting a nicely packaged hair product, so the words virginal yeast infection kept jumping at me!

do u ever experience any itching though, or some kind of side effect? just curious as i have almost run out of my odorless MTG and might give this a try.

zillaxy said:
thanks.

i guess i was expecting a nicely packaged hair product, so the words virginal yeast infection kept jumping at me!

do u ever experience any itching though, or some kind of side effect? just curious as i have almost run out of my odorless MTG and might give this a try.

Well, I have not used it in a while because I am just lazy, but when I did use it, the only thing that I started to feel were mild headaches. I thought it was stress or something, but then other ladies here posted that they had been getting them, as well. Well, I started using it 2 times a week vs. daily and the headaches stopped. I might use it again one day. I never used Monistast, but I did use other products that contain the active ingredient. The product that I really like is by DermaDoctor - Feet Accompli. It did not dry my NG or leave build up like some of the others and it lasted longer because I only has to use a little of it. It is more expensive per tube, but it is a 4 oz tube. Really when you do the math it ended being the same, is not cheaper than the other products.

i got mild headaches to from monistat but knew that might be a side effect from reading other threads. i switched to straight miconazole nitrate and everything is fine:p

thanx ladies!

definately taking this on board as i hop on the bandwagon.

so thats once to two times a week and MN only (or at least if possible)

and if i do get headaches its most likely stress?! (LOL- only jokin about this last bit!). i'm sure i'll get an opportunity to inform on any progress, and you can both take the glory when i make feature of the month;)

oh God, my comp has gone crazy.. can't believe it posted it three times!

(editing, editing, editing)

Last edited:
you know i'm jokin right?

i'm not so arrogant to declare i will be feature of the month, way too much competition here.

Last edited:
There is someone on the boards that uses MN twice a day.

I am going to purchase another tube, and use it once a day, and see what kinda growth I can get.

seraphinelle said:
There is someone on the boards that uses MN twice a day.

I am going to purchase another tube, and use it once a day, and see what kinda growth I can get.

twice a day! Girl my scalp would be on fire! :lol: :lol:

With the Derma Doctor cream, I got tingles and scalp stimulation just from 2 days a week. It must have something to do with the cream, too. When I used Neopsporin AF, sometimes, I would not feel tingles until after a few applications.

HoneyDew said:
twice a day! Girl my scalp would be on fire! :lol: :lol:

With the Derma Doctor cream, I got tingles and scalp stimulation just from 2 days a week. It must have something to do with the cream, too. When I used Neopsporin AF, sometimes, I would not feel tingles until after a few applications.

LOL, I know, but that has to be some amazing growth!!

I'm in braids again, that I did, so I'll try once a day while I have them in, and see what kind of growth I can get.

I wanted to be SL before easter, but I'll take June, if I have to wait that long.

seraphinelle said:
LOL, I know, but that has to be some amazing growth!!

I'm in braids again, that I did, so I'll try once a day while I have them in, and see what kind of growth I can get.

I wanted to be SL before easter, but I'll take June, if I have to wait that long.

Your babies are beautiful!!

I'm am MN fan.

From what I have read on the board, alot of ppl said MTG smelled bad, so I went with MN.

I have had great growth with it; but I have had to clip ends a couple of times bcuz of heat damage:( .

Anyways, I dr it up to smell great, not be to oily and do a great job at quick growth. No side effects either.

My vote is really a mixed one, but i'll tell you that MN did make my hair grow faster, but it runs out too fast! MTG helped with growth and the overall health of my hair. It is now thicker and more hardy.

candie19 said:
I had better growth with MN, I got on the MTG bandwagon. I loved the smell, it wasn't greasy, easy to apply, and my head was growin like weeds, seriously-but it is making my head shed, and my hair stayed hard and course, no matter times I deep conditioned! So I have to stop. I'm just going back to MN fast growth, no shedding.

Maybe MTG is making my hair shed:eek: :confused:

Well...I voted MTG...I used MTG on my head and used monistat on my temples so that I can see which one is responsible for gtowth...well my whole head is just like weeds now...MTG gave me great growth...I have a LOT of shedding but I had a lot of shedding pre MTG and I am also transitioning.

As for my temples? They are basically in the same state that they were in b4. I am using 2 tubs of 2% Monistat...1/2 a jar of ORS jojoba moisturizer 2tbsp Haitian Black Castor oil and I got nada!!! Maybe Im not using it enuff? It varied some weeks id use it everyother day, and then the next week I used it once.

But with MTG I used it like 2x a week and then the last week I used it 4x that week and I have like an inch of newgrowth in a month!

I have no digi cam so I can't take pics yet...but I should be gettin it soon

Last edited:
I haven't tried either yet. But I am noticing that some women are reporting that they have headaches as a result of using MN. I don't think I would attempt to use it. I don't think it should be used on the scalp.

I voted for MN because it made my hair grow faster. But then again I've never tried the real MTG, I've only used a replica that I made myself from sulfur and oils. The sulfur left my scalp yellow after a few applications and I didn't really like that. I liked the way the MN felt on my scalp because I mixed it with ORS olive oil creme, peppermint, and rosemary essential oils.

mspm said:
Hi Ladies,

I'm relatively new here and I love LHCF! Which do you feel is better for growth - MTG/Sulfur or Monistat/Miconazole Nitrate? Thanks and God bless!

Thanks so much for starting this thread! I was wondering the same thing. ;)

HoneyDew said:
Well, I have not used it in a while because I am just lazy, but when I did use it, the only thing that I started to feel were mild headaches. I thought it was stress or something, but then other ladies here posted that they had been getting them, as well. Well, I started using it 2 times a week vs. daily and the headaches stopped. I might use it again one day. I never used Monistast, but I did use other products that contain the active ingredient. The product that I really like is by DermaDoctor - Feet Accompli. It did not dry my NG or leave build up like some of the others and it lasted longer because I only has to use a little of it. It is more expensive per tube, but it is a 4 oz tube. Really when you do the math it ended being the same, is not cheaper than the other products.

Honeydew, Can I just say that I always look for your kind words of wisdom. I don't mean to stalk or anything, but it seems I always tend to agree with what you say. Thanks for being here. A newbie like me could learn a lot from you. :Rose:

wantlonghair25 said:
Can someone tell me more about this do I just put MN directly or do I mix? I would like to try this.

I just tried this recently and I mixed MN with my sulfur 8 pomade. I also placed a few drops of nixon in a few of my problem areas (nape and teamples). One thing I noticed is my crown often itched and using this mixture cut the itching out.:)

Back