moisture w/o oiliness

janaq2003

Guys' I'm trying to fine a good moisturizer that does not make my hair feel "heavy". Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have used ORS carrot oil and Profectiv Break free. I wonder if I'm using too much....

Last edited:
I use Scurl... too much can make your hair very gummy..
So what I did recently is buy a bottle and pour about 1/2 the amount of water in it.. shake it up.. and it's a great moisturizer. I use it on my edges and nape every morning.

don't laugh, but for the past week, I've been using vaseline total moisture conditioning body lotion w/ vitamins E&A and my hair feel wonderful. not weighed down/greasy, but very soft and moisturized. it's going to be 1 of my staple products...

I second the S-Curl suggestion. :yep:
:yep: Ditto this one also! A staple for me!

don't laugh, but for the past week, I've been using vaseline total moisture conditioning body lotion w/ vitamins E&A and my hair feel wonderful. not weighed down/greasy, but very soft and moisturized. it's going to be 1 of my staple products...
On the above bolded, there's a thread on here about that and I had some on hand and tried it out myself when I first read about it. Works awesome! Making it a staple too!

As for my personal preference. For past couple weeks now, I've been using Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and the Hydrating Honey Balm and I absolutely LOVE it. Definitely provides great moisture for me, for a lil bit goes a loooong way, and no greasy or oiliness to speak of. Definitely staples! :grin:

i use aveda universal styling creme as my daily moisturizer. i use a litle before bed, and my hair absorbs it and just feels moisturized the next day. it never has that oily feel..

If you like, try UBH Lotion Creme Moisturizer. It works for all hair types and is not greasy at all. Use a little for some dryness, or more if dryness is a a real problem...

Back