Moisture has allowed me to retain tremendous length

tsturnbu

you can still lock in moisture without wearing a bun.
You can do the baggies method (small bun in your hair wrapped with a plastic cap and covered with a hair piece); or

if your hair is very short, you can use a moisturizer to slick it back, with a cute side part part

or you can just condition wash your hair daily and seal with oil and a creamy leave in.

girl, your hair doesnt have to be long to lock in the moisture

This moisture system really works. Its just hard for me b/c my hair is short and its hard to bun without weating pieces...

Definitely a do!

Juliagizzle

Ur hair is so smooth and puuuurrdyful lol.
I sealed with oil and did a bun and it does really seem to lock in moisture, even better than braiding it and ssatin scarf...but dumb question ummm how do u do ur bun. I just put a pony tail holder twist it up and then another holder. It that good?::perplexed I dont dont if thats the best ways for less breakage.

Aggie

Girl tsturnbu, thank you for the reminder about the Cantu Shea leave in creme, that has saved my hair a lot especially when stretching my relaxer which I am doind right now, makes it really soft and manageable for detangling, so Ima pull that out today and use right after I wash this DC out of my hair:yep:.

tsturnbu

after i moisturize my hair with cantu shea butter, i put my hair in a very low ponytail, and secure with a cloth scrunchie soaked in castor oil. then i wrap my ponytail hair (moisturized with cantu shea butter) around the bun/scrunchie, and secure it with another castor oil soaked scrunchie.

when i take my bun down the next day in the shower, my ends are still damp and moisturized. then i do the whole process all over again.

Ur hair is so smooth and puuuurrdyful lol.
I sealed with oil and did a bun and it does really seem to lock in moisture, even better than braiding it and ssatin scarf...but dumb question ummm how do u do ur bun. I just put a pony tail holder twist it up and then another holder. It that good?::perplexed I dont dont if thats the best ways for less breakage.

tsturnbu

girl, i have started a love affair with cantu shea butter!

Girl tsturnbu, thank you for the reminder about the Cantu Shea leave in creme, that has saved my hair a lot especially when stretching my relaxer which I am doind right now, makes it really soft and manageable for detangling, so Ima pull that out today and use right after I wash this DC out of my hair:yep:.

hurricane

Hey ladies

I am on my quest for waist length hair. For the lsat 4 months, I have been moisturizing my hair with Cantu Shea Butter leave in conditioner creme, and wearing a bun. i must say, i have really been able to retain length. my hair grows about .5 inch per month, and i think i have retained all of my lenghth. even with trims to correct unevenness, my hair has been growin nicely. So, my secret for hair retention....buns and moisture...i.e. no manipulation and damp hair 24/7.

I love this stuff. So are you using a spray bottle to wet your hair or are you jumping in the shower. I'm getting to the point that I have to have water in my hair at least every two days. My hair gets so dry.

Stella B.

I believe this to be absolutely true. Managing the new growth at the root, and retaining those ends are two key factors that help your hair to grow.
Keeping the ends moisturized and protected is a good way to keep that .5 inch a month of new growth on your head!!:drunk: