Miss Jessie's Curly Buttercreme

naijamerican

I have heard a lot of glowing reviews of this creme, so I did the "buy one, get one free" thing that ended 12/31/06.

But after waking up with an itchy head, which never itched at all with other "natural" products I've purchased, I started wondering if Curly Buttercreme had something in it that I was allergic to. Lo and behold, check out the ingredients...

Acetylated lanolin, beeswax, butter (shea), butter (cocoa), carbomer-940, castor oil, deonized water, dilauratelaneth 15, FD&C yellow, fragrance, glycerin, glycerl sterate, glyceryl hydrolized animal protein, imidazolidinyl, jojoba oil, laneth-15, mineral oil, methlhy paraben, milk protein, panthenol, parrafin, peg-400, peg-100 sterate, peppermint oil, petrolatum, placenta, propyl paraben, triethanolamine, urea, vitamin E, wheat germ oil

(WHEW!!!)

I searched through the old threads before making this and I don't want to duplicate anyone's efforts. I just wanted to say that this creme doesn't always work, as I'm sure you all already know, and that for me, whose scalp is sensitive to beeswax, the fact that it's the #2 ingredient might be why I've been having so much trouble with this product. This might be the case for others, too. Of course, as you can tell from the list it has some excellent ingredients, but that beeswax is jacking me up.

I know some of the ladies in on this board swear by it, so just consider this another perspective before you go out to buy it.

Off to shampoo this mess out!

Lovelylocs

I wish I read this before I hit that sale. :( The stuff doesn't smell so great either. I'm with you already and I haven't really tried it yet.

babyanjel

I have the Baby Buttercreme and on my natural hair it's just ok...but I bought 2 jars of it when I went to Boston. I think I may have had a slight reaction to it when it touches my scalp so I have to be careful of that. I'm planning on relaxing within the next month and I think I'll continue to use but to wrap nightly to use it up.