Mini Tutorial of My Updo That Makes Hair Look Fuller (Pics)

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Some of you ladies asked how I did my updo that creates the illusion of a full bun. I did a quick mini-tutorial.

Here are the pics of my updo from weeks ago:
attachment.php

attachment.php

And here is what I did to get this updo:

PLEEEZE ignore the frizzy, dry looking hair (and the beady beads in the kitchen LOL).:perplexed I just washed it and I'm trying to lay off the heat a bit so it is what it is (the updo pics above were weeks ago after a fresh relaxer/flat-iron).

Step 1:
Comb hair down and twist both sides and pin to the middle.
attachment.php

Step 2:
Pull remaining hair from the back up toward the crown area. The trick is to pull it up higher than your other pinned hair.
attachment.php

Step 3:
Tuck the hair ends underneath with a hair pin and then put a barrette over it to cover it.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2011updo2.jpg
    2011updo2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 595
  • 2011updo3.jpg
    2011updo3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 581
  • Step1.jpg
    Step1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 579
  • Step2.jpg
    Step2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 577
  • Step3.jpg
    Step3.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 578
Wow! So simple! Cause when you tried to describe it in the other thread I was like :perplexed Thanks so much! I love this style.

I like this style, very cute!

Its simple to create, a big plus for the style challenged like me. @_# :lol:

Last edited:
So simple...this is great for fine hair ladies like me. Very elegant.

Thanks for sharing!

Subscribing for when I actually have enough hair to bun. Thanks - this can be casual or formal even with the right hair candy. Me loves...

This is all I ever to do my hair. My hair is dense but when it is straightened, it is so light and wispy so I do updos like this. I think until my hair gets longer, when it is straight, it just looks better up like this.

OOooooHHHhh this is really pretty and professional! I am going to do this after a fresh relaxer! Thanks so much for the pictures!

Thanks for the pics. It makes it so clear and it's very beautiful. Thanks for sharing! :yep:

Thanks, Hairsnob! You always have such great tips! I'll try this once I'm out of my weave.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

That is simple and very pretty!!! I'm going to try this. I know my DH is tired of looking at my boring old everyday bun.lol

Thanks for sharing! It's an excellent, simple protective style. Very modern and elegant, too. I'll have to wait for a touchup before i can try this one.

Back