Mesh rollers are the BOMB!

crlsweetie912

Ok, I have been searching threads for days, trying to find tips and tricks for rollersets. I usually do them with orange rods with good results. The only problem is that my hair is so thick, I have to use a million of them to get good results. So Saturday night I tried the mesh rollerset hoping and praying to get the results I wanted (so I wouldn't look like little orphan annie with a puffy mess for church on Sunday!)

here are the results...

611rollerset4wl.jpg

I think that it really turned out great! I got a lot of compliments and I found a new combination for a setting lotion that made my curls soft, but at the same time gave great hold.

I used a couple ounces of Motions Leave in conditioner( any should do)
a couple of ounces of water
about 2-3 ozs of Salerm 21 leave in
about 2-3 ozs of Lacio Lacio leave in
and about an ounce or so of oil (I used jojoba WGO would probably be good too:D )

Put all in a spray bottle and shake to mix

Result- soft bouncy curls!
What do you think?

These are the rollers

meshrollers9br.jpg

I searched everywhere for a picture of the orange ones, they are the ones I used. They are 7/8 of an inch. I also used a few of the blue ones and they are an inch. I don't like my hair in a loose curl to start with cause it usually loosens up by the end of the day. And everytime, without fail, I wear my hair out, it rains. (its raining in Baltimore!) Oh, my hair is shoulder length and I have 2 months worth of newgrowth! It was easy. Using the endpapers allowed me to get enough tension to straighten out my roots some. I was too scared to blow them out, but you can't tell I have a bush underneath the curls! ME LIKEY!:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

(PS: I cannot do a rollerset with the magnetic rollers to save my life! I have a whole bag of them that I never use. Maybe I will try them with the pins instead of the clips?)

I love, love, love mesh rollers. I'd rather use them instead of the magnetic ones. I think my hair dries faster with mesh rolles which equals less time under the drier (that's always a plus). Did you use the pins or long bobby pins?

I love the curls! Just beautiful.

I used the plastic pins (I was afraid of the plastic coated metal ones, plus there are more in the pack) and they held great. I slept in them.

These mesh rollers don't have the brush so why the end papers? Was that necessary? I can't get my hair right with the magnetic rollers so I may have to mesh it...

crlsweetie912 said:
These are the rollers

meshrollers9br.jpg

I searched everywhere for a picture of the orange ones, they are the ones I used. They are 7/8 of an inch. I also used a few of the blue ones and they are an inch. I don't like my hair in a loose curl to start with cause it usually loosens up by the end of the day. And everytime, without fail, I wear my hair out, it rains. (its raining in Baltimore!) Oh, my hair is shoulder length and I have 2 months worth of newgrowth! It was easy. Using the endpapers allowed me to get enough tension to straighten out my roots some. I was too scared to blow them out, but you can't tell I have a bush underneath the curls! ME LIKEY!:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

(PS: I cannot do a rollerset with the magnetic rollers to save my life! I have a whole bag of them that I never use. Maybe I will try them with the pins instead of the clips?)

My mom used these back in the day...like 20 years ago. The ones she used had pickly spines (like a round vented brush), she eventually took the spines out. She would also use hair pins (actual pins, not bobby pins) to secure them. I've been thinking about buying some sponge rollers, but I think I'll get these instead. Thanks for posting your results. It's beautiful!

Wow girl, you got some really pretty curls there! I've failed miserably time and again doing rollersets with magnetic rollers. I think I maybe trying some of the mesh rollers after seeing your beautiful results!

Yes, mesh rollers are the bomb...I have magnetics that I haven't used in months...I can be dry in 2 hours with mesh rollers...it seems like 4 with the magnetics..I don't know why more salons don't use them...magnetics give me a smoother set, but it isn't worth the time I have to invest..

Great results! Nice shiny curls.

Thanks for the link too. I bought a pack of mesh rollers then went to get more a few months later (when I actually got round to trying them out, and realising I needed more than 12) and the shop assistant didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for 'mesh rollers' and I haven't found them anywhere else (except rather expensively on ebay).

crlsweetie912 said:
I used the plastic pins (I was afraid of the plastic coated metal ones, plus there are more in the pack) and they held great. I slept in them.

Were the pins "extra" long? I tried using the regular size and they weren't long enough and the BSS didn't have the "extra" long ones in stock.

I love the shine and all the curls!

BB

Thanks BlackBarbie!
I see why you would need extra long pins with all that long beautiful hair!!!! :)

Mine were regular ones. I did see the longer ones, but they only came in like maybe 10 per pack and the plastic ones were like 50.

Back