Menthol in Shampoo?

Aireen

Quick Question: Can menthol in shampoo (products) stimulate blood flow and hair growth since it tingles the scalp?

Discuss. Thanks in advance. :grin:

i dunno if i would want menthol on my scalp (is newports coming out with hair prods now?!?!?).

i think peppermint or tea tree oil will work better

Hmmm....I'm prettttyyy sure I heard my orgo prof say menthol was derived from peppermint oil. Nevertheless, I'm sure it aids in some type of growth since it stimulates the scalp. Feels very good too! But I doubt it will be a considerable amount of growth but I guess it won't hurt to try it. Most of the products I've used with menthol had peppermint oil in it as well so....yeah it is stimulating the scalp to answer ur question lol

i dunno if i would want menthol on my scalp (is newports coming out with hair prods now?!?!?).

i think peppermint or tea tree oil will work better

I can see it now:

Newport Shorts Moisturizing Shampoo

Newport one hunnits Leave in Conditioner

:grin:

I can see it now:

Newport Shorts Moisturizing Shampoo

Newport one hunnits Leave in Conditioner

:grin:

I smell (literally) a new LHCF bandwagon. :laugh:

On the serious side, there are a lot of dandruff shampoos & even the Hair One for Dry Scalp that has menthol. I'm very skeptical of scalp tingling = hair growth, but ymmv.

Hmmm....I'm prettttyyy sure I heard my orgo prof say menthol was derived from peppermint oil. Nevertheless, I'm sure it aids in some type of growth since it stimulates the scalp. Feels very good too! But I doubt it will be a considerable amount of growth but I guess it won't hurt to try it. Most of the products I've used with menthol had peppermint oil in it as well so....yeah it is stimulating the scalp to answer ur question lol

I'm getting sooo impatient with this hair growth and relaxer stretching thing that even the least bit I can do to stimulate growth helps. :grin:

Yes, menthol, natural or synthetic, is derived from peppermint and does stimulate growth.

Thank you. :)

I smell (literally) a new LHCF bandwagon. :laugh:

On the serious side, there are a lot of dandruff shampoos & even the Hair One for Dry Scalp that has menthol. I'm very skeptical of scalp tingling = hair growth, but ymmv.

Yeah! :D That's what I meant, dandruff shampoos with menthol cause some of them REALLY tingle. Even tingle a lot after I'm done blowdrying my hair.

Back