Megatek Challenge 2011-2012

The first 3 ingredients are: Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, stearalkonium chloride.
Is this the same version as yours?

yes that is the old version. I had ordered a bottle in August and that is when I noticed they had changed the ingredients. So I sent it back and had to track down the old formula.

I'm in! I used MT for a year and took a break. I just started on it again about 2 weeks ago, so this challenge is right on time.

I apply it diluted a little with aloe vera juice 3 x's/week and I wash 2 x's a week.

Thanks for launching this challenge!

Thanks for joining us! I'm glad to see you doing your first post in this challenge. :drunk:

I am down, I apply mine as a scalp treatment(rub)twice to three times a week. Mine is mixed with about 3-4 different oils(jojoba, olive oil, black seed, pepermint). I am getting back into my regimine so this is a very helpful challenge for me..

I will hop along for the ride, I apply every other day. Hoping to thicken up my hair, and then grow the thick hair long.

I have the new formula first three ingredients water, stearalkonium chloride, and glycerol stearate. keratin protein is one of the last ingredients. I still need to do protein treatments with the new formula. Hoping to get the old formula from somebody that is pretein sensitive, so that I can cut out having to do a separate protein treatment.

Count me in.....

HOW I PLAN TO USE IT mixed in an applicator bottle with castor oil and MN. Apply directly on the scalp.

REGIMEN apply nightly to scalp then braid up hair or bun for the day. Applying every night and co-washing every other day.

CURRENT LENGTH & GOAL I'm currently mid-back length. But I'm also transitioning without the BC. I'm currently 42wks post.

I'm in (still)!

Been using it consistently (every other day or so) since march! I mix mine with other oils. So far so good, hair growth has been great so far this year.

HOW I PLAN TO USE IT: Every other day, oil the scalp with my mix! simple!

REGIMEN:
I have been co-washing every other day lately since I am natural now, I do a lot of wash-n-go with a moisturizing conditioner. Most of the time my hair is worn out or pinned up maybe twice out of the week. DC twice a week, once with oils and the other with organic mayo deep conditioner. I do flat iron about once a month (huge cut back from once a week). I shampoo only when I flat iron.

Also I seal my ends before wrapping for bed.

CURRENT LENGTH & GOAL:
Current length is APL. Goal length is BSL/BSB to MBL

I want to join, I need to use up my stash of MegaTek and need to commit to my regimen for more than a few weeks at a time. I mix my Megatek with the NTM or other leave in conditioners, jojoba oil, coconut oil and peppermint and castor oils.

I'll join.
How I plan to use it: mixed with sulfur.
Regimen: Cowash and Apply every other night.
Current length and goal: Shoulder length, i think will post pics goal is BSL. My last perm Saturday...

I'll join.
How I plan to use it: mixed with sulfur.
Regimen: Cowash and Apply every other night.
Current length and goal: Shoulder length, i think will post pics goal is BSL. My last perm Saturday...

what do u mean ur last perm is Saturday? are you switching to natural?

Has anyone experienced headaches or excessive shedding with Megatek? I just started using it so I haven't had those side effects, but I did alot of research on it and quite a few women experienced that. I am taking garlic pills just in case for the shedding.

Posted in the wrong thread (somebody bumped it) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyway:look:: I made up several MT Concoctions with either a Butter, a Pomade or JBCO. I've been applying to Parted Hair in Scalp.

Focusing heavily on my Nape Area (I'm having a situation back there) and for me, MT produces the fastest results when dealing with problem areas.

So I DC'd with Megatek under a shower cap (on washed hair) last weekend. I left it on for 7 minutes. I can totally tell the difference in my hair. It feels so much stronger and not so...soft? Not soft in a good way but my hair was tooo soft, almost mushy like. I was a little worried at first because my hair didn't seem as moist as it usually is (I did DC with a moisturizing conditioner under my hair steamer to balance out the protein), but after a couple of days of moisturizing and sealing it feels fine again. I'm debating whether or not to DC with Megatek again this weekend or to wait a couple of weeks. Any thoughts?

Im in!

HOW I PLAN TO USE IT: mix it with my other "hair magic" and apply to my scalp daily.

REGIMEN: oil scalp daily, moisture & seal in the am & evenings, DC weekly

CURRENT LENGTH & GOAL: shoulder length - current, goal - wl

@mellymel05
Thanks for joining! What's in your "hair magic"?

A whole bunch of stuff, lol. I will try to remember since I am out of a lot of it. I will be restocking tomorrow.

1. MT
2. 2% MN
3. Wild Grow Oil
4. Capsacin
5. Coconut Oil
6. JBCO
7. Aloe Vera Gel
8. Tea Tree Oil

I also take 4000g of Garlic, 6 Hair Vits, 1 Multi, 1 Iron Pill, 1 Hair Skin & Nails Vit. All of them daily. Yes I know its a lot, but "we" are happy, lol. I stock up on all my products at tax time as that is the only time of year when I have a surplus of cash that I can use.

I also just bought 2 containers of Lenzi's Request that I will add to the "hair magic". So I will see what happens.

I'm off MT for a coupla' weeks. I try to do 2 on 2 off (just because) but on my 2 off, I use other G.A.s with Sulfur.

IDareT'sHair Well we look forward to having you back soon!

By the way,
Has anyone experienced a growth surge using Megatek? Or is it simply helping in retaining length? Either way I'm happy! Just curious...

@JustGROWwithIt

I'm not going anywhere.:lol:

My MT Regi consist of 2 weeks on & 2 weeks off MT.

On the off times, I use other Sulfur-based Growth Aids for the 2 weeks in-between.

Tis All.

ETA: For me, it helps with length and it thickens. And it works quickly.

@JustGROWwithIt

I'm not going anywhere.:lol:

My MT Regi consist of 2 weeks on & 2 weeks off MT.

On the off times, I use other Sulfur-based Growth Aids for the 2 weeks in-between.

Tis All.

ETA: For me, it helps with length and it thickens. And it works quickly.

So do you use it on your scalp or as a DC? And how often?
I've only been using it for 2 weeks now so I'm still trying to figure out the best way to use it. I mixed some with a little water and massage it into my scalp every other night and then I DC'd with it for the 1st time last weekend. I'm not sure if I should do that anytime soon though. I don't want to experience protein overload...

JustGrowthwithIt

I apply directly to Scalp (in problem areas). Recently I've been mixing it with something, either a Grease/Pomade or with Jamaican Black Castor.

When I first started using it back in '09, I had a bald patch the size of a Fifty-Cent Piece and it filled in very fast.

That's why I pulled it back out, because I've been having some problems with my Nape and for me, it works quickly to 'help' with problem areas.

I use it 2 weeks straight and then take 2 weeks off and substitute it with something else.

I've never DC'ed with it. Keep your Moisture Up. It can be very drying.

Hmm, I might jump on this one too. I already use it off and on but this challenge may spark me to be consistent again.

I have a MT, Hot Six, and sulfur mix that I USED to apply directly to the scalp every 2-3 days. Now? Umm, whenever I'm bored. I'll get back on it! MN used to be apart of that mix but I personally think it was the component giving me the headaches, because as soon as I took it out of my mix (leaving all else constant) the headaches stopped.

I've also used MT as a protein step but I also have Aphogee 2 minute and Nexxus Emergencee which both work fine so I figured i'd save my product by chilling out on that.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

Hmm, I might jump on this one too. I already use it off and on but this challenge may spark me to be consistent again.

I have a MT, Hot Six, and sulfur mix that I USED to apply directly to the scalp every 2-3 days. Now? Umm, whenever I'm bored. I'll get back on it! MN used to be apart of that mix but I personally think it was the component giving me the headaches, because as soon as I took it out of my mix (leaving all else constant) the headaches stopped.

I've also used MT as a protein step but I also have Aphogee 2 minute and Nexxus Emergencee which both work fine so I figured i'd save my product by chilling out on that.

Thanks for joining! How has your experience with Megatek been?

I've liked it so far- definitely planning to keep it in my regimen! It's a good protein boost when needed and even though ii can't tell if it was the MT alone or the mix in its entirety, but I DEFINITELY had an increase in my normal growth rate when I used it religiously. Didn't shed like others have, but I used a lot of oil in my mix and co-washed every few days so it never sat on my hair for more than 3 days at a time.

Hi ladies,

I am usually just a "lookie loo" in here, but I like this challenge and want to join.

I used MT about two years ago, but got negative results (entirely user error). The product is good and I want to get the best results. So this time around, I will just use it to shampoo and condition every week.

I'll add my before and after pics too.

Excited to see yall results :look:

Back