MAXIMUM GROWTH MONTH...JOIN

HI LADIES...
I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM AND WANT TO JOIN THIS CHALLENGE TOO.
I PLAN TO 1) USE MTG MIXED WITH CAYENNE PEPPER OIL 3 TIMES A WEEK
2) MASSAGE MY SCALP 10-15 MINUTES A DAY
3) START TAKING B-COMPLEX VITAMINS

I am in:
I want to in terms of growth gain at least 2 inches.
Using MTG; overnight baggie on hair that has been treated with MTG, my glycerine spray; and the Cathy Howse method, shampooing every three days, conditioning and moisturizing conditioning with homemade moisturizing conditioner, wrapping wet; wearing wrap for 2 days to allow the protein to do it's thing -strengthenthen back to the overnight baggie. Bonjour
I want to be able to stretch the back comfortably without any pulling to bottom of the bra strap on the sides by Christmas.

I've been doing everything I mentioned, but my damn scarf keeps faling off in the middle of night lately! So my hair has been really dry this week...I hope it doesn't hurt it too much...

angellazette-- girl that used to happen to me..heres a secret. put on a stocking cap or hair net underneath the scarf. they both serve the same purpose of ventilating as well as being a "different" material than a plain scarf so it will have less chance of slipping off..

if that isnt something you like, then use a satin bonnet (looks like a showercap only satin inside and out) and wear it atop the actual hair. it comes off a lot harder than a regular scarf..

GOOD LUCK GIRL!
meia:p

I'm a little late but I'm in!

This month, I will be increasing:
- protein intake
-SURGE
- moisturising (baggie etc.)
- overall care!

I am trying to get the maximum growth
using surge mixed w/ wgo just started this again
no heat air dry only
protective styles
multivitamins and hair pills
and drink lots of water

hopefully this will get me to bra strap by the end of this year... :)

Okay I know I am late. Here goes---->

1. Wash 2x a week (Deep condition both times)
2. MTG 2x a week
3. Massage scalp 2x a day everyday
4. 2 Protein Shakes a day
5. Vitamins daily
6. Double daily water intake

Good luck!!!!

How is everyone doing?.........

I am now 10 week post relaxer and I must say. I have SO MUCH NG.
I think this challenge has helped me.
I will see when I relax next week at 11 weeks.

Mestiza said:
I'll join, too! I don't have MTG and haven't used Surge 14 in awhile, now. I'm already doing a great job of taking my vitamins. So, this is what I'll do:

1.)Increase Exercise (good for overall health & hair)
2.)Wash hair 2 - 3 times a week (usu., it's 1 - 2)
3.)Scalp Massages
4.)May add Surge 14 a few times a week

I've been doing everything on my above list. I need to do more scalp massages, though. Currently, I'm washing my hair 3 times a week. I'm seeing and feeling the benefits of the increased exercise, especially, w/ my body.

Last edited:
Ok I still deep condition overnight...I haven't done any cws this week...but I've been taking the supplements regularly! I think I may just finish these off and no more pills for me unless I notice a difference. The problem I'm having is that I don't know what is doing what. Is my hair softer and bouncier because of the cw's, no relaxer, my products or is it the pills? Once I finish taking these and eliminate them, I'll be looking and feeling for differences.

Last edited:
Well ladies
The month is just about over.

What is everyones progress.

I didn't see the growth I wanted. I am in braids. I followed my plan but did not see the results I expected.

I Surged 2x a day
My growth is no different then using no Surge at all.

I took my vitamins (MSM and Biotin)
Which I just ran out of yesterday. I believe I will up the dosage and continue taking them . This is the 2nd month taking vitamins.

I figured these two things added in would increase my growth. I am very disapponited. I think I will keep my braids in for at least another two weeks then I will be taking them out. My thought is that I need to do massages and really give my scalp some stimulation. I hope to be back in braids by November. Until then I am going to bun and ponytail.

Let’s see….

I did conditioner washes on average of 2-3 days/week. I still deep condition overnight and I’ve missed taking the pills a few days.

Overall, I don’t notice a difference in length but I don’t think my hair grows anyway…but it's been softer.

kizzylonghair said:
................................bump

I am going to join this challenge for OCTOBER. :cool: My EXCESS CHALLENGE includes:

1) 1.5 liters water/day :alcoholic
2) Resume vitamins - 1 multi/day, 2 hair multi/day, 2 fingerprinted horsetail/day
3) MSM powder - 1/2 tbsp. 3x/week
4) NutraHair Protein Shake 4x/week
5) MTG 4x week :bud:
6) NO HEAT ENTIRE MONTH OF OCTOBER (not even ONCE! I will blowdry and flat iron on Nov. 3rd) :burn:
7) co-wash 3x/week
8) PRE-POO treatment jojoba/amla/olive blend 1x wk for Shampoo wash (1x/wk)
9) Deep condition overnight 1x per week
10) Baggie my buns

I definitely got some growth and thickness. I can tell because the roots of my hair are lighter than my length and I can get accurate checks. It is definitely stronger and smoother as well. I will keep it up. I had to miss a whole week of baggie t. because of a cold. Bonjour

Ummm...I failed?

It seems I got a big fat zilch in growth but I guess I was just losing it as fast as I grew it :ohwell: .

It could be that I took the plunge and coloured, followed 2 weeks later by taking the plunge and relaxing. And not being as consistent with moisturizing...

I don't know- my pics say I am doing well on top, but in the back, ain't nothin' happenin'.

On to Maximum Growth October I guess!

angellazette said:
Let’s see….

I did conditioner washes on average of 2-3 days/week. I still deep condition overnight and I’ve missed taking the pills a few days.

Overall, I don’t notice a difference in length but I don’t think my hair grows anyway…but it's been softer.

Im with you angell, im 9wks post relaxer and my hair in the back middle and left back have almost no new growth! Very discouraging. I was in braids 6 of 9wks and using surge 2x day w/ MTG 5x weekly on those spots...I keep feeling for new grow to no avail!! Oh well...back to the drawing board

I have to check my little workout chart to find out on what date I started this challenge. I'll update on that date. I do know that I've seen more new growth which, I think is being caused by the increased exercise.

Ladies,

Good to hear you sucesses and for those who are not that happy with there results CHIP UP.

We all made a good effort

ANY UP FOR ANOTHER MAXIMUM CHALENGE FOR OCTOBER

For those that found something that worked-Up your game

What will you change......

I will be constant wilth my MTG every 3 days

What worked for you......

I think being consistant with my vitamins

What can you realistically cant stick to...

Wash/rollerset/dry my hair every 3 days I just aint got the time, Maybe I will just rinse and put in a bun

Kizzy

Last edited:
Okay its time for me to get serious...I have been away from the board in the last month and my hair has suffered. I took my braids out on Sunday and lost so much hair. My fault really because i didnt comb it out properly before the wash. Its caused a major setback so I need to join this challenge. I 've also fallen off the vitamin routine so badly. Oh my? KIZZY, clue me in.

london honey said:
Okay its time for me to get serious...I have been away from the board in the last month and my hair has suffered. I took my braids out on Sunday and lost so much hair. My fault really because i didnt comb it out properly before the wash. Its caused a major setback so I need to join this challenge. I 've also fallen off the vitamin routine so badly. Oh my? KIZZY, clue me in.

Honey,

Dont be so hard on youself!!! I have been there and I know its horrible feeling when i coild have been avoided.
Theres a old saying... We are were we are!
Just really try this month and do everything to the MAX

Good Luck

ok thanks for inspiring my me to show my hair some love.

October is my month and here is what I will do

First I need to relax since I'm three months post
I will Use MTG three times a week
Get back on my vitamin regime (amino liquids, vit B complex, flaxseed oil and MSM
Wash and and deep con twice a week
Moisturise twice daily
Baggie as much as I can to revive my ends.

*this shouldn't be too hard to do :look: , i'll post pics at begining of Nov if its worth it :D

I am going to add MTG to my regimen! Oh yeah, and EVOO, love the way it makes my hair feel.

I think the conditioner washes, less shampoo...my hair has definately been more moisturized since doing these two! Deep conditioning overnight, still a favorite. Daily moisturizing with EVOO.

I think it's the vitamins, I just can't get with it. I'll gladly take a multi or the supplements to boost metabolism but I don't know what it is about these hair vitamins! I'm still going to try to finish out what I have though. I have a whole bottle of Biotin left.

I'll probably, not use the Surge 14 b/c I don't think that it's a "must have" in my regimen.

Increased exercise! :bdance:

I guess scalp massages b/c I kept forgetting to do them. The increase in exercise stimulated my scalp, anyway. :look:

Last edited:
Back