Maxibglide review and need a little help

s_terry

Well, I tried my new maxiglide for the first time. I tried to take some pics with my digi-camera but was pissed cause I couldn't remember how to turn off the flash. Haven't used it in a while and will need to find the book.

Anyway, I am not pissed at my results at all, but know that I can get better results. First the review then I'll ask for some assistance.

Keep in mind I have textulaxed hair. It has quite a bit of the curl pattern in it, but is alsp processed enough for easier combing. I would say 65% processed. Still has kink.

Ok, I first clarfied my hair with Lamas Beauty Deep Cleasing Shampoo ( purchased at whole foods-natural product) Like it cause it is not stripping and followed with Eulence moisturizing shampoo.

Followed this by deep conditioning under dryer for 30 minutes with Salerm Wheat Germ and then another 30 minutes with Alter Ego Garlic(shedding)/Carrot(strengthing)/Coconut(moisture) conditioners mixed together.

I sprayed a little Apogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructizer ( this stuff is cool. Doesn't leave hair hard for a protien and Salerm 21 leave in after rinsing.

I used the “Beyond Straight” along with “The ends” that is created to be used with maxi-glide along with a smigen of IC Hair Polisher Straightening serum.

Beyond Straight Ingredients:

Water,Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vit A),
Pathenol, Chamilla Recutica extract (plant something), Actinidia chinensis (kiwi) Fruit Extract, Lawsonia Inermis (henna) extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolized Wheat Protien , Cross Polymer, Propylene glycol, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Dimethicone Copolymer, Dimethicone, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Hydroxyetholcelluolose, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantion, Fragrance, Red 40, Yellow 5

The Ends Ingredients:
Cyclomethicone and Dimethicone

The directions say to use a quarter size amount of Beyond Straight with a few pumps of The ends.

I rollerset my hair on big rollers let dry .

I spray my hair lightly with 911 Heat Protector ( good mostly natural ingredients) and proceed to maxiglide. Initial heat setting of 4 and then took it down to like 2.5-3.

It gets hot. The teeth snag a little, but I think it might have more to do to pressing to hard. It is advised that you do not press at all, which takes some getting use to if you use a regular flat iron. The steam burst seems to help glide better, but I had to take it off my hair when it would get kind of stuck. I think it will take practice to not press and maybe this will help with the snagging. Remember my hair still has texture to it. It is not bone straight.

The steam burst. I took the heat setting down to 2.5-3 from 4 because when I used the steam burst boy did it sizzle! This scared me so I turned it down. Still sizzled though. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

My hair is not as slick and straight as I would have liked and it is also not particulary shiny either. I am still wavy at the root and while my hair is in fact soft it’s not close to bone straight either. It’s straight but poofy if you know what I mean. I think this must have to do with the products used and this being the first time I used the iron. I haven’t perfected it yet.

I gots a lot of hair tho!! 

Ladies, please give me some advice or tips on how to do better next time.

What would you recommend to increase shine? I thought the cones would give me that, but it didn’t. Any pointers or products you suggest?

Overall, I think this first time is just a trail run. I think it will get better. The teeth had me a little nervous. You have to be careful and this thing gets hot and makes your hair sizzle the steam burst. My hair is very soft though.

In my opinion if you try and use the iron frequently, you will get damage. Plan and simple. I’ll try again some other date and post pics next time.

Hope this helps someone

Maybe 2.5-3 is too low considering your hair isn't straight?
I use mine on 4 and my hair relaxed straighter than yours. I don't wear my hair down though. I just pull it all back into a ponytail or bun when I'm done. I might even have to try 5 when I start to wear my hair down sometime next year. Or maybe I should use the teeth on the 4 setting. Right now I use the flat plates. We'll see.

Turn up the heat and use the steam burst. I am relaxed 4 a/b and I use 5. I've used it maybe once a month. I find if you don't squeeze it, you'll be fine.
I find if I don't comb through my hair the teeth snag.

Make sure you clean the plates, I forgot to this weekend and my hair smelled burnt but that was from the leftover hair in the teeth.

I use V05 mist (heat protectant) this stuff is great!! And cheap ($4)! Once I apply this mist, I apply my serum (cantu), comb, and then iron.

I tried the Aveda serum in the store it left my hair shiny but that is a purchase for next month.

PM me if you have anymore questions I have had mines for a while (8 months).

Thanks Candice C and MissVee. Candice I guess you haven't brought yourself to use the teeth plater just yet? Does look like sharkish!- Just kidding LOL

Aren't the cones supposed to give you gloss to the hair? Should I use more right before I flat iron each section? You think with the higher setting it will cause the shine to come in?

Do you all hair sizzle with the heat burst? Kinda scared me cause it sounded serious.

Any ladies that use the iron notice if there is anything that they use that seems to help it glide through the hair easier?

Thanks for responding though. I will be sure to take pics next time.

Back