Massaging / Scalp Care Challenge :) 2010

hair4romheaven

Yes please add me.
My regimen
Wash 2x a week co wash 1x a week since its getting cold I may scratch the co wash as I am 4mths post.
put peanut oil on scalp sleep with it over night, wash with jason biotin shampoo on dry hair let sit for 10-15 min. the tingle is to die for. then wash.
DC with QH cholesterol mixed with Jherri Rheding natural plant protein, may add olive or CO, or JBCO.
Leave in NTM, spritz with a little she scent it leave in. air dry in plats then corn row it the next day and wig it. Once a month I add an egg to my DC.
Massage claudies elixir to scalp 3x a week. its almost finish so I already ordered BT.
Moisturize with she scent it or taliah waajid leave in (I love this stuff so moisturizing for 4 beezy type hair) ;-) seal with JBCO 3x a week.
Thank god I am 4 mnths post and have no breakage. Moisture is the key for me.

TheCoilWhisperer

I want in.

I will be massaging w/ MoeGrow oil (once I collect all the items :ohwell:) every other day, reduce to twice a week if feel like I'm over doing it.

RMichelleM

I'm in too. im going to:

Cleanse with dr. bronners and DC 1x a week
Scalp Massage 2x a week with coconut oil
Co-Wash 2x a week

i guess this is where i'll start...i'll see where i go from here

LivingDol1

hmm... scalp massages... i don't do that... but i'd like to!

count me in! i don't know what i'll be using for my hair or doing but i'll figure it out... :)

silenttullip

The participants list has now been updated.
I know its not two weeks since I posted but lol today was rough I noticed a bunch of flakes I know "ew" I've been stalking more ors products and youtube vids on it so I'm going to purchase some more. I like that they're sliding over to a more natural side of things. For now I just put in some doogro stimu, and as for my style for the past 2 weeks I've rocked twist under a human hair wig. Incase some of you don't know "I didn't" if you have itching from wigs the human ones without the combs make all the difference. I also picked up a nettle bar from chagrin valley and more neem and tea tree. I looked in the bathroom and realized "yikes" I have a few natural and a few un natural products I don't use garnier conditioner, kccc, and oyin bsp. If anyone wants them let me know I don't wanna throw them out. Moving on I also found hairever scalp treatment on thanks to one of you ladies on here and I think I'll use that for a prepoo. Just an update

katblack

As I message my scalp I distribute oils down my scalp by rubbing my hair in a downwards motion.
I noticed that if I slack off I get dandruff, but if I keep messaging atleast 3 times a week my scalp is fine. Especially important if I'm wearing my hair in braids or twists for longer then 3 days. Also my hair is growing just fine.

washize

checkin haven't been oiling my hair enough, and my scalp is getting dry, other than that my hair is great.

silenttullip

Hm would it be easier to do if you put the oil in a spray bottle sprayed it in your hands before bed and just did a 5 min massage? I know life is busy but ur hair loves u :)

checkin haven't been oiling my hair enough, and my scalp is getting dry, other than that my hair is great.

ycj1

Sign me up pls.:grin:

Here is my reggie: Since I'm in yarn braids I oil my scalp and massage it twice a day every day

I wash once to twice a month max with non sulfate shampoo and cond.

I use Ayurvedic oils and to also include Gro Aut oil! I mix my oils together to consist of the Mahabhringraj, Amla, and the Shikakai oils. This is done at night before I go to bed

In the morning I I spray on by African Pride Braid Sheen with tea tree and peppermint oil lightly massage it in then wait about 5 min. then I use the BB Growth oil which I have added about a third of mtg shake it up to make sure it's mixed well, use a spout cap and oil my scalp, then massage again for another 6 min. and that's it.

Oh one more product I am using to see how that works I somehow squeeze in the the hydratherma naturals folicle invigorator! But I use this prior to the oils because I noticed my scalp is dry after I spray the invigorator in and it dries.

Last edited:

Neith

I want to join! :)

I will try to do at least one 5 minute massage daily. I really like scalp massages, so I'll ask my BF to do some too. :lol:

I oil my scalp with coconut oil 2x per week as well.

Starting Pics:

mocha.li

I thought I signed up for this challenge b/c I have been massaging my hair everday since I read the thread. Oops. Sign me up please

Mahalialee4

I massage alternately with my scalp oil and my growth aid, every other night before bedtime. Wash with Ayuv. powder mix once a week. This feels great and I am expecting great benefits. Hook me up!

kasey

Hi Lala,

I'd also like to join this challenge. I'll be using Hairever Cleansing Scalp Treatment every night for the next two weeks as directed on the bottle. Following the Hairever, I'll be using a tea made with Hesh Aritha powder on the scalp as a shampoo. In the mornings I'll be massaging my scalp for about five minutes with Dabur Vatika oil. Thanks.-c

2themax

Im in!! This is a great post - thanks I really needed something like this for motivation!

My regimen:
Lots of Praying:yep:
Wash every 2 days
Hair Plus Shampoo & Conditioner
Coconut Oil (when I buy some more)
Massage at least 3x/week
Lots of Praying:yep:

silenttullip

Okay now tomorrow will make it wait let me check my wash journal to be sure... Yep 2 weeks since I washed last I dc'ed, washed with sulfate and non sulfate poo (I know its a lot of washing BUT I get dandruff after 2 weeks, rinse conditioned, leave in and moisturized and sealed. So tonight or tomorrow will be when I'll wash my hair. My chagrin valley arrived and so did my keracare sample one of the ladies on here was so kind to send.

Sooo as for my massaging lol I've done it whenever it itched but not as much as before so I know I'm bad but I'll do better I promise.
I've noticed more growth with the length but my roots need to thicken up I declare lol.
Doo gro is still behaving for me
When I do massage its usually in the AM by night I am NOT in the mood.

HOW ABOUT YOU
How are you ladies doing?
Notice any difference as of yet?
Any great oils that work well for you?
Do you massage in AM or PM?

Well SEASONS GREETINGS TO YOU ALL!.

healthyhair2

never heard of that kind of oil before, I'm going to check it out :) Hope you and everyone else had a great week! I'll try to do my oiling tomorrow.

That oil is by Nasaab. Don't know if I spelled it right. I have a sample of it. I'm also using Boundless tresses growth oil. Tomorrow is hairwash day!!

mocha.li

I alternate what I use to massage my scalp. I either use a MT&oil, oil & distilled water or braid spray. The oil is based off of a recipe I found on the site. The last couple of days I've been lazy b/c I try to massage the scalp everday. Usually when I'm just sitting around I'll massage my scalp w/o putting oil on it.

n_vizion

Count me in, I just purchased a mini massager yesterday and I love using it. This should be easy for me to stay consistent.