Mane and Tail Udate!! Southerngirl!!! You go!!!

SouthernGirl

Mahalialee4 said:
Please refer to this site:
http://www.brubachersharness.ca/Storefront/cataloguePDFS/HEALTH-
CARE.PDF#search='the%20Hoof%20Maker%20Straight%20Arrow%20for%20humans%20and%20animals'. Yes Mahalialee said "HoofMaker. I hope it was okay to refer to that site. It is made animals and humans. Scroll down the page on that site and you will see a picture of the exact one I use. I pay 13.ooC for the big ole container with the pump and I but it a a pharmacy that sells to humans and horses. Hope this helps. It is the best protein conditioner I have ever bought and I plan to stick with it. It is the one called STRAIGHT ARROW HOOFMAKER!
Bonjour.

Hey Girlie :wave:

Welcome to the club! Thanks for the info. I'lll check it out :)
SG

SouthernGirl

Jada said:
Hi Southerngirl, I noticed that you use LeKair Cholesteral in your routine I am thinking of using this bi-weekly and would like to know if you follow with a moisturizing conditioner???

I LOVE this stuff!!!

I use it about bi-weekly, but I don't follow with anything (except MNT Leave-in). I love the way it makes my hair feel :)

SG

Jada

Hey Southerngirl, thank you for answering my question and by the way your hair is so beautiful...I also agree with you about the Nexxus products I was using them off and on and I always noticed when smoothing Humectress through my hair when damp I would notice quite a bit of shedding, and I don't notice the shedding with the Mane & Tail...also I had my hair relaxed by a Hatian woman & at the time I was using Nexxus at the time she told me that under no circumstances would she ever use Nexxus products I will admit it scared me off a bit but since I have tried the products with the same results I won't be using them again...I am officially a Mane n Tail girl hopefully for life, I am so tired of switching products and right now I am quite satisifed with the products my hair is very fine & thin and the products give me the volume and fullness with less breakage than anything else I have tried so far...

bellydancer

ok guys i just rinsed Mane and Tail out of my hair.... I was waiting for the big "TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA", but nothing special happened. Hmm... I think it would be great as a conditioner wash. It was thinner than my regular conditioner and just didn't get the job done. It was alright though. i doubt i'll buy it again. I give it a 5 out of 10. Back to Silk Elements!

SouthernGirl

Jada said:
Hey Southerngirl, thank you for answering my question and by the way your hair is so beautiful...I also agree with you about the Nexxus products I was using them off and on and I always noticed when smoothing Humectress through my hair when damp I would notice quite a bit of shedding, and I don't notice the shedding with the Mane & Tail...also I had my hair relaxed by a Hatian woman & at the time I was using Nexxus at the time she told me that under no circumstances would she ever use Nexxus products I will admit it scared me off a bit but since I have tried the products with the same results I won't be using them again...I am officially a Mane n Tail girl hopefully for life, I am so tired of switching products and right now I am quite satisifed with the products my hair is very fine & thin and the products give me the volume and fullness with less breakage than anything else I have tried so far...

Hey Jada :wave:

That's so nice to hear!! I'm always happy when people find something they really like that they can stick too.

All the best,
SG

SouthernGirl

bellydancer said:
ok guys i just rinsed Mane and Tail out of my hair.... I was waiting for the big "TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA", but nothing special happened. Hmm... I think it would be great as a conditioner wash. It was thinner than my regular conditioner and just didn't get the job done. It was alright though. i doubt i'll buy it again. I give it a 5 out of 10. Back to Silk Elements!

Hey Bellydancer :wave:

Sorry you didn't get the :up: :up: reaction that many of us have, but as long as you have something that works for you, that's all that matters.

Regards,
SG

bellydancer

SouthernGirl said:
Hey Bellydancer :wave:

Sorry you didn't get the :up: :up: reaction that many of us have, but as long as you have something that works for you, that's all that matters.

Regards,
SG

You know what? I think I brought the wrong one. I didn't get the deep moisturizing one. I just got the regular one. I'm going to give it one more try.

SouthernGirl

bellydancer said:
You know what? I think I brought the wrong one. I didn't get the deep moisturizing one. I just got the regular one. I'm going to give it one more try.

Hey Bellydancer,

Did you try the other one? Any better results? I don't know how they compare- I've not tried the deep moisturizong one. I do use teh regular one as a CO wash sometimes. It feels really nice!

Lemme know your results :)

SG

Honey Bee

I was wondering about this too, so thanks for the bump. Do any texlaxers use this? I'm a texlaxed 4a/b, but even though I use no-lye (which means you need more moisture, right? I forget) I need a light protein every week. Would MNT work for me?

Fine 4s

A couple of years ago, D. Lewis used this for her wng on her relaxed/texturized hair. It was BODACIOUS! lol

Hersheygurl

I have been using this for the last couple of weeks and my air-dried ponytail dries so thick and soft. I don't use it to CW, as I prefer to use a moisture con (I love Kenra) to CW with or just water with white vinegar. I apply it after I wash or CW, let it sit while I shower, rinse it, and I love how my hair feels.

I've also noticed little to no shedding with MNT. This is going to be a staple.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I have been using this for the last couple of weeks and my air-dried ponytail dries so thick and soft. I don't use it to CW, as I prefer to use a moisture con (I love Kenra) to CW with or just water with white vinegar. I apply it after I wash or CW, let it sit while I shower, rinse it, and I love how my hair feels.

I've also noticed little to no shedding with MNT. This is going to be a staple.

oh really! i really want to thicken up my hair. it feels so thin as it gets longer. im gonna try this for my next wash and cut some layers out.

CarolinaGal

I used to use this when I first went natural but I did experience build up. I think it was the wax and lanolin.

Here are the ingredients of the Original Conditioner in case they have not been posted.

Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Lactate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Stearoyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Cetyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Vegetable Oil, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Lanolin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fd&C Yellow 5.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i think the wax would make it good for styling though. i wouldnt use this for cowashing. maybe the deep moisture one would be better. it has a sulfate in it though! i like the ingredients for the strengthener and reconstructor. i will be doing a main n tail haul soon!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
We need an updated MNT thread. I think I have to try using it as a leave in to see if it affects my hair.

Ann816

SouthernGirl are you still using Mane and Tail? If so...are you still loving the results?

Thanks!
Ann

sweetnlow06

I just started using Mane and Tail again after many years, all because of LHCF. I don't know what made me stop using it. Anyway, my hair loves it! I am 8 weeks post and it has stopped my breakage in its tracks. I am using it as conditioner and leave in. It is definitely one of my staples now.

SimJam

another blast from the past thread :)

I remember in high school my hairdresser suggested I use mane and tail products, so i went out and bought them, and my mom promptly tossed them out saying I wasnt to use animal products on my hair BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

so the whole horsie hair care thing is older than we thought (I didnt realise MnT was rlly formulated for horses though)

:cowgirl:

JuiceMobsta

I used to use this when I first went natural but I did experience build up. I think it was the wax and lanolin.

Here are the ingredients of the Original Conditioner in case they have not been posted.

Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Lactate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Stearoyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Cetyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Vegetable Oil, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Lanolin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fd&C Yellow 5.

i think the wax would make it good for styling though. i wouldnt use this for cowashing. maybe the deep moisture one would be better. it has a sulfate in it though! i like the ingredients for the strengthener and reconstructor. i will be doing a main n tail haul soon!

Ummm is it just me or are there 3 million different formulas for the Original Conditioner??:lachen::lachen:

Sally's online says:
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerine, Isostearamidopropylmorpholine Lactate, Vegetable Oil, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Fragrance, Coconut Oil, Wheat Protein, Tocopherol, Panthenol, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Yellow No. 5, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.
Mane 'n Tail - Mane N Tail Conditioner 32 oz

MINE says:
Water(Aqua), Distearyldimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 20, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 stearate, Hydrolized Collagen, Propylparaben, Lanolin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Yellow 4(CI 19140), Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

What gives? And no more emulsifying wax huh...:look:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Ummm is it just me or are there 3 million different formulas for the Original Conditioner??:lachen::lachen:

Sally's online says:
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glycerine, Isostearamidopropylmorpholine Lactate, Vegetable Oil, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Fragrance, Coconut Oil, Wheat Protein, Tocopherol, Panthenol, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Yellow No. 5, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.
Mane 'n Tail - Mane N Tail Conditioner 32 oz

MINE says:
Water(Aqua), Distearyldimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 20, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 stearate, Hydrolized Collagen, Propylparaben, Lanolin, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Yellow 4(CI 19140), Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

What gives? And no more emulsifying wax huh...:look:

you just gave me some homework to do:user:

I'LL BE BACK:borgsmile

ok after a quick run im wondering if you actualy have the original moisturizer/ texturizer conditioner or the moisturizing one or the replenishing one? this may be why you find so many different formulations

Last edited: