Mahogany Curls' Rollerset ... B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L

When her hair was much shorter in April 2010 it's like we have the same hair thickness, but now since it's longer it is like it has become 100% thicker. I don't get it. but regardless it is beautiful. I can't wait until I reach that length then I will definitely be attempting the rollerset.

Last edited:
I'm interested in trying to rollerset. Anyone know where to get a set of magnetic rollers for cheap? And how do you know which size to get?

Her hair looks awesome. I wish more naturals would catch on to the rollersetting trend. It's not especially difficult once you practice it :yep:. My hair in my avatar is the result of a natural rollerset.
kblc06,

You know what, I'm going to grab a hold to that challenge. I've been natural over 7yrs now and have never done a rollerset on my natural hair. :ohwell:

I have a huge bottle of LottaBody (brand new) and semi-new bottle of Motions foam wrap. Not to mention tons of rollers, and rods (my Mom is a cosmetologist).

I'm going to do this and post pics..:yep:

I'm interested in trying to rollerset. Anyone know where to get a set of magnetic rollers for cheap? And how do you know which size to get?

They should have them at your local BSS. The size is dependent upon the look you want to go for. If you want curls then I would suggest you use red, or slightly smaller for SL hair, if you want it straight then the grey rollers and upwards.

I almost fainted when I clicked on that link! I thought it was going to be her old rollerset video. Oh my Gawd, I remember when her hair was a TWA! Le sigh....simply beautiful.

I thought her old rollerset was beautiful, this is fabulous! Ok, why am I relaxed her rollerset came out smoother than mine? I need to seriously keep practicing.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/co...c-rollers-75-piece-set/ID=prod2499392-product
07410861121_220x220_a.jpg

idk if you consider this cheap, but walgreens has a conair roller set for 15.99 (various sizes) & conair is BOGO so you could get 2 sets, or get something else...i got rollers and hair shears (originally $9.99)

MC is one of my hair idols...my hair wants to be like hers when it grows up...im gonna roller set to stretch my hair this week before i flat-iron...idk how its gonna come out though b/c i'm gonna have my mom set it and she knows how to use mesh rollers, but hasn't really gotten a hang on the magnetics...maybe it will be easier with the smaller rollers (i hope).

The beauty supply store is the cheapest. They cost $3.99 a pack for like 12 and you may need more than one size, so it's good to be able to buy a pack of each size you need.

I think for my first set, I purchased a set like the one posted above since I wasn't sure. My hair was nape/neck-length. Once my hair was shoulder length, I used red rollers. Past shoulder-length - purple. At APL and beyond, gray.

The beauty supply store is the cheapest. They cost $3.99 a pack for like 12 and you may need more than one size, so it's good to be able to buy a pack of each size you need.

I think for my first set, I purchased a set like the one posted above since I wasn't sure. My hair was nape/neck-length. Once my hair was shoulder length, I used red rollers. Past shoulder-length - purple. At APL and beyond, gray.

Whats the difference between the cheaper rollers and the more expensive ones?
Solitude

I remember her first video, her hair has really grown! her hair has so much bounce and shine, beautiful! :yep:

Whats the difference between the cheaper rollers and the more expensive ones?
@Solitude

@MsLizziA From what I've noticed, the more expensive plastic ones are slightly heavier (thicker plastic), but I haven't noticed any difference in the way they perform.

I have also purchased "ceramic" magnet rollers and they were only a few cents more, but for some reason they dry faster and smoother. They are really hard to find and I never could find them in larger sizes.

She has a silkier texture than I have. I have to say I would not get as smooth a roller set. I do intend on practicing anyway. If I can get a nice look, it could definitely end some styling woes I've encountered.:yep: She is def a hair idol for me.

im definetly going to try this on my whole head!
i tried it on a patch of my hair, and i must say that using conditioner made it easier to roll, and made it smoother. Also her rolling up method gives better tension at the roots.

too bad i didnt let it fully dry b4 i took it out. it looked lik it was actually getting straight.

Back