Look what I learned today!!!

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
So I went to one of the local salons around here looking for Kenra & Sebastian products. Seemingly, hardly anyone around here sells those lines (disadvantages of a small town). I stumbled upon a salon that sells Kenra products but not Sebastian. We got into a really good conversation about hair coloring and things of that sort. We later get into a discussion about shampoos, conditioners, etc. The stylist (a pretty cool guy) procedes to tell me something pretty disgruntling about professional type shampoos being sold in places like grocery stores, discount outlets, drugstores, etc. Ladies, beware!!! I got an insider tip that says when you see products like Redken, Sebastian, Kenra, Paul Mitchell, etc, you might want to steer clear. These products may have been sitting in a salon for quite some time, and since the salon couldn't sell them or make a profit off of them, someone will buy them and attempt to sell them in other places, i.e. grocery stores, drugstores, etc. These products may be counterfeit or expired. And when I say counterfeit, I mean that the product contained in the packaging might not be genuine product. Someone can take an empty Keracare or Sebastian shampoo bottle and pour a cheapie shampoo in there. Or, it could be a bottle of conditioner that sat on the shelf in the salon for 2 years and now someone is trying to sell it. Can you say expired??? The bottle or package may say "Kenra Volumizing Shampoo", but it could actually be a different product in the bottle. It could be a cheapie shampoo, conditioner or whatever. It may be expired. There was a thread here that someone posted here not too far back that was discussing the possibility of counterfeit/bootleg products being sold in BSSs. Well, pretty much, the same thing can happen here. So, the next time you're in the grocery store, drugstore, BSS, or wherever you happen to be and you see professional lines being sold there, be careful before you pick them up. You may be getting counterfeit or expired products. Beware of places like Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. selling professional products like those. Nexxus and Matrix seem to be okay. The only way to be certain that you're getting a genuine, professional, salon quality product is to get it from the salon or the company itself. For example, I was told that Nexxus's PhytoOrganics line is sold exclusively in salons only. If you walk into BigLots, Marshalls, or RiteAid and see anything pertaining to PhytoOrganics, don't buy it. It's either expired or counterfeit. Again, buyer beware!!!

Back