LONG/RELAXED vs. LONG/NATURAL

WAKE UP Long and Relaxed OR Long and Natural???

• Long & Relaxed (I ACCEPT THAT I CAN NEVER GO NATURAL)

Votes: 194 25.5%
  • Long & Natural (I ACCEPT THAT I CAN NEVER GET A RELAXER)

Votes: 567 74.5%

• Total voters
I'd like to vote for long and natural, as well. You can then straighten as you please without the full commitment

I am relaxed and plan on being this way for sometime. However I do plan on transitioning sometime in the future (maybe a few years from now).

I'd KILL :bat::210:to have mid back (unstretched) natural hair. I have never ever seen anyone with hair that long, and a 4a/b. I've seen 2s and 3s, and 4s-stretched only.

If anyone has any pics they want to show me to prove me wrong, go ahead. I'd love to see them, I'm not tring to be a hater. :ohwell:

long and natural -To the end :dance7:
I thought of a few of the problems I or others will experience when I reach mid back long and natural .:thought:

People stopping to stair will walk in to objects:grin:
I'll need a second income for products
Hair dresser won't answer my calls (taking several hours for her to flat iron):rolleyes:
My hair will get caught in the car windows as the wind up
When straight it will blow in the eyes of strangers possibly leading to eye injuries.:ohwell:
I may be mistaken for cousin it:perplexed

Oh well..I'll cross theses bridges when I get to them :grin:...and I will in Jesus Christ name. . He even cares about my hair ..Isn't He awesome :sweet:

Last edited:
Originally posted by StrawberryQueen
I'd KILL :bat::210:to have mid back (unstretched) natural hair. I have never ever seen anyone with hair that long, and a 4a/b. I've seen 2s and 3s, and 4s-stretched only.

If anyone has any pics they want to show me to prove me wrong, go ahead. I'd love to see them, I'm not tring to be a hater. :ohwell:

I would LOVE to see this too!! Oh and I vote for Long Natural!!!

Long and natural. My hair has grown a lot more and much longer, now that it is not relaxed.

:yay:Give me natural and long. Because I figure if it is natural you can always straighten. But if it is relaxed, you can't revert back to natural. Natural all the way baby!!.2010=100% NATURAL BSL here I come. I know that seems like a long way away.

Long & natural !!! I think that our hair is so versitile . If u want it straight , no problem just press or flat iron it and when the rain comes , no problem ,just enjoy the fro you will get .:grin: I love my natural hair and I dont think anything or anyone would make me relax again . GOD GAVE ME BEAUTIFUL HAIR AND I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i say long/relaxed

i had long natural hair for a 3 year stent........after spending 8 hours a week twisting it, i had to give it up. :wallbash:

If I could have the curls I dream of, I would pick long and natural in a heart beat...but as I don't belive I can..my new growth is just like..thick..bush. No curl definition or anything...so I'd pick relaxed...

you're a mess :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

long and natural -To the end :dance7:
I thought of a few of the problems I or others will experience when I reach mid back long and natural .:thought:

People stopping to stair will walk in to objects:grin:
I'll need a second income for products
Hair dresser won't answer my calls (taking several hours for her to flat iron):rolleyes:
My hair will get caught in the car windows as the wind up
When straight it will blow in the eyes of strangers possibly leading to eye injuries.:ohwell:
I may be mistaken for cousin it:perplexed

Oh well..I'll cross theses bridges when I get to them :grin:...and I will in Jesus Christ name. . He even cares about my hair ..Isn't He awesome :sweet:

Honestly, I would prefer to have long and natural MBL hair. I think that my hair was much healthier when I was natural. I just became impatient, working against my shrinkage rather than working with it. I wanted length but always got BIG hair that grew outward faster rather than downward. Now I realize how great it was that my hair grew outward because it was thicker and fuller. I didn't have thinned edges and I always got compliments, people stopping me on the street.

If I could get to that place as a natural where it's both thicker and longer, I'd be happy. As a nappy-head, my hair was very versatile. I could wear curly styles which I usually did, or comb out the curls and wear it in puffy afros if I wanted. I could also straighten it and it would be long and full. When straightened my hair reached past APL so I know that there's a potential to obtain length.

If I could be more patient and work with my hair, I would definitely go back to being natural. But this time, I couldn't cut all my hair off like I did last time. That was just too drastic. Now that I've learned various transitioning techniques from LHCF, my long-term goal is to eventually go back to being a nappy-head. :look:

Long and Natural :yep: ...I have been relaxed since April 2006 because I couldnt get my hair straight when I wanted to and wear straight styles( didnt know what I know today )... but know thnx to LHCF im am educated and know that I could do this and it can be done...
I'm gonna transtion in the very NEAR future ;)

I'm transitioning to long and natural right now, so I picked that one. Definitely. I had to say bye-bye to relaxers for good. My scalp is already breathing a sigh of relief.

Back