Liquid Lanolin

Quinny

Does anyone else use liquid lanolin? And if so how do you use it? My sister swears by this one addition to her conditioner. She makes her own and if it doesn't have lanolin she says her hair becomes frizzy quick (she is natural and presses). She said it also really aids in her comb outs in the shower and said if she's using a store bought conditioner she will add this otherwise she can't comb. Has anyone else noticed this about lanolin?

L

LaNecia

My mom used to use Lanolin back when I was in Jr. High School, she swore by it. It made our hair turn out very nicely. After a while they stopped carrying it and I haven't seen it again until just earlier this week at Boney's Market, it was a much thicker consistency than I remember but I'm tempted to grab a bottle and rekindle that relationship!

Quinny

Thanks LaNecia . How did your mom use it? I do have a small bottle of it maybe I will give it a try. :)

blkmaryland

In the beginning of my journey I mixed it with Castor Oil. It did leave my hair shiney but it didn't work well on my wet hair.

L

LaNecia

Quinny said:
Thanks LaNecia . How did your mom use it? I do have a small bottle of it maybe I will give it a try. :)

I apologize for the delay in getting back to ya on this: my mom used to used it as a light pressing oil (she was never into the heavy grease stuff) and then just applied a little daily as a moisturizer. It was nice because it didn't weigh our hair down (she likes hair that MOVES!).

Now she uses Carrot Oil but I think if she knew about the lanolin being available, she'd have me on another mission....

Quinny

Oh thank you LaNecia. I never thought of using it for pressing!

bajanplums1 I don't know if it is in most but it's not in my Jason's Natural Biotin. I do like that conditioner. My sister makes her own and add quite a bit of lanolin.