Liquid Lanolin + Coconut Oil...

ShortyDooWhop

Hey Ladies,

I'm about 8 months post relaxer and recently used a mixture of liquid lanolin + coconut oil in my prior to flat ironing it. My hair is super smooth, shiny, and is resisting humidity/reversion.

2 Quick questions
1) Does anyone use liquid lanolin in their hair?
2) What natural remedies have you ladies used as heat as a thermal protectant to flat iron your hair?

frizzy

Thanks for the reminder. I used lanolin once or twice last winter on my ends as a sealant, but I'm not too consistent with a lot of products. A lot of folks are allergic, but I have no problems with using lanolin on my hair, but I intentionally keep it away from scalp.

It's really thick and sticky I will try it with coconut oil like you did. Thanks again for the reminder! :yep:

ShortyDooWhop

You're welcome. Did you use the regular lanolin or the liquid lanolin? I found that the regular lanolin was too thick. On a whim, I mixed some coconut oil with it hoping it wouldn't be as thick and sticky. The coconut oil seemed to thin it out and make it more workable.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
How did you use it?

Apply it wet or dry hair?

How much did you use?

Did you use it on all of the hair or just the ends or roots?

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

ShortyDooWhop

I poured a nickel sized amount of the liquid lanolin into my palm then a pea sized amount on to that. I mixed them together until the consistency was smoother/lighter. I parted my hair into small sections the ran the mixture from root to tip, then flat ironed.

ShortyDooWhop

I can't tell you from a scientific stand point. I can tell you that it has made my hair stay straighter longer, stopped it from reverting back in the humid weather, and made my hair feel softer.

ShortyDooWhop

I bought the Now Brand liquid lanolin. I mixed it with the Monoi Tkik Tahiti brand of Coconut oil. I've noticed that my hair is super soft. They sell the liquid lanolin at most health food stores.

Kindheart

Lanolin, is wool wax or wool grease, is a yellow waxy substance secreted by the sebaceous glands of wool-bearing animals. Most lanolin used by humans comes from domestic sheep. Lanolin is also frequently, but incorrectly, referred to as ‘Wool Fat’ by many of the world’s pharmacopoeias even though it has been known for more than 150 years that lanolin is devoid of glycerides and is in fact a wax, not a fat.[1][2] Lanolin's waterproofing property aids sheep in shedding water from their coats.

I dont personally use it,but its suppose to be softening .