Let's Start an MN Challenge!!!!

MissKim

How is the groups MN experience going so far?

Mine is still going well. I'm getting very good growth...no issues whatsoever.

Okay, with the renewed interest in MN, why don't we start an MN challenge?

Here are the proposed rules:

1 - You must be new to using MN (i.e. you just started using it within the last week or so)

2 - You must use MN for 6 weeks either daily or every other day (or twice a day if that's your thing) and track your progress. There will be a midway check in at about 3 weeks.

3 - You must share how you're using MN (solo, mixture, etc.)

4 - You're permitted a 1 week "bye" if you have a relaxer coming up.

And, of course, if you have any adverse effects, of course you can drop it.

So, who's game?

Aggie

I haven't been very consistent as of late because my hair is in extension braids and I really don't want too much build-up to deal with and locking/dreading problems when it's take down time.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm in too! I'm on day 3 using MN. My pic from yesterday (1/28/10) will be my start pic. I've mixed my MN (4.5 oz) with 3 oz of BT. So far, I don't notice all the itching everyone talks about. Ah well, we'll see what happens.

hair4romheaven

some one start up the challenge. LOL I saw a girl on BHM that has grown so much hair in 3 mths from using MN. I never started a challenge so...can someone take lead here? ;-)

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
Yes!!! I am in. Someone please start this challenge, I have a mix I made that I have never even used. That would be awesome! :)

Aggie

So am I, just restarted using MN again after trying MT. MN got me better results so I'm back to using it faithfully this time around.

Chameleonchick

Did anyone start a challenge? I would love to watch everyones progress. Also why mix it with sulfur is it not a good growth aid on its own when mixed with oil?

Aggie

Did anyone start a challenge? I would love to watch everyones progress. Also why mix it with sulfur is it not a good growth aid on its own when mixed with oil?

You can mix the MN with oil or water or a moisturizer of your choice if you like but I choose sulfur 8 grease because of the menthol tingly sensation it leaves on my scalp. I like it a lot.

The only thing is though, I have to wash my hair at least once a week because of the strong sulfur smell building up after 4 or 5 uses on my scalp.

I don't really want to wash it too frequently right now because of this very looooong relaxer stretch I am doing. Extremely low manipulation is key for my retention. I may decide to mix a batch without the sulfur to allow a longer time between washes.