LCL hair steamer leaking water?

Fine 4s

Hey ladies,

I went to use my hair steamer this am and when I put water in the white tank, it leaks from the holes at the base of the tank.
Has this happened to anyone of you? What went wrong?

Help!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I had a 'massive' leak when the water reservoir cracked along the 'seams' and every time I filled it up with water and turned it over to put into the Hole, water would gush out.

Surprisingly, water ran out from everywhere.

I had no idea at the time that the water reservoir was cracked with a hairline crack along the seam (hardly visible to the naked eye). But I could feel it though when I ran my finger along the side.

I then remember dropping it in my kitchen when I went to fill it up and it cracked although it looked perfectly fine.

@Fine 4s

Fine 4s

Since I got it last year it's been sitting in the corner though. Was yours leaking through these holes too? Here's a picture. How would you drop this steamer. It's a stand alone. You mean when it was new in the box?

Attachments

• image-607829942.jpg
    image-607829942.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 23
  • image-2587692408.jpg
    image-2587692408.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 24

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Fine 4s

The Plastic thing that you put the water in had a Hairline leak and it didn't appear to leak until I filled it up and turned it over to place into the Hole.

Water ran out from everywhere (although you could not see it - nor did it leak when I filled it up).

It was only when I turned it over did water run out in every direction.

Fine 4s

You mean this?

I tested that theory and poured water directly in the white reservoir and it still leaks.

Attachments

• image-3634092985.jpg
    image-3634092985.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Fine 4s

I have the exact same one.

After I discovered the hairline crack in the water reservoir (the Octagon shaped thing). I ended up replacing it worked fine.

It was $25.00 for a new Reservoir.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Fine 4s

The Water Goes into the Octagon thing Correct?

Okay, When I filled up the Octagon, water did not leak.

It was only when I turned the Plastic Octagon thing upside down to stick into the Hole that it goes into directly into the base of the Steamer, that Water ran out everywhere.

The Crack in the Plastic Octagon thing was hard to detect.

However, once I turned it upside down and stuck it into the Base of the Steamer, Water Poured out from every direction.

After I replaced that (the picture you showed) it worked fine. The replacement was $25.00 and it took about a week.