Confused Newbie Needs Help With Steamer From SalonsRUs

Mari J

Hello all! :wave:

I was hoping a veteran could help me out. I am extremely excited about my new steamer from SalonsRUs and did my first steam treatment tonight! :grin: I was wondering if anyone has this model and what the procedure is for emptying out the water jug once you are done with your treatment. Do you have to empty the water out once your done or do you leave it in? I attempted to empty it because I felt that was the right thing to do and the instructions aren't that clear, but all the water came out and started leaking out the bottom of my steamer. Please help! :grunt: I am scared I broke it!

I use mine until the machine cuts off. I start it again to make sure all the water is gone and when it cuts off again it's done. Depending on how far I fill it up this could be 1 hr to 1 hr & 15 minutes. So that means I don't know how to empty the water out. Sorry.

After I'm done, I wait about 30 mins and unscrew that side bolt and tilt the machine until all the water runs out.

I've had my steamer for 2 yrs. and have not had any problems doing this.

After I'm done, I wait about 30 mins and unscrew that side bolt and tilt the machine until all the water runs out.

I've had my steamer for 2 yrs. and have not had any problems doing this.

Thanks for both of your replies. Nicki6 I just tried unscrewing the side bolt and letting the water run out and it worked! Thanks!

I learned accidentally how to empty the steamer. There is a black rubber stopper at the bottom of the tank, opposite the electrical cord. I take it off after using and drain the excess water.

Before I knocked the knob off by mistake, I was taking the whole thing off of the stand and dumping it in the bathtub. I knew there had to be an easier way and thank goodness there is.

There is still water in the tank even when the unit turns off automatically and it causes the water to cloud up and sediment build up from the metal with water sitting in it too long. HTH!

I learned accidentally how to empty the steamer. There is a black rubber stopper at the bottom of the tank, opposite the electrical cord. I take it off after using and drain the excess water.

Before I knocked the knob off by mistake, I was taking the whole thing off of the stand and dumping it in the bathtub. I knew there had to be an easier way and thank goodness there is.

There is still water in the tank even when the unit turns off automatically and it causes the water to cloud up and sediment build up from the metal with water sitting in it too long. HTH!

Thank God you posted this. I thought my steamer was broken... Ded. I just cleaned the sediment out... I had no idea... I am testing it now - with distilled water to see if it will work.
Thanks!!! :kiss:

I've had mine for 8 or 9 months and haven't dumped any water out of it. I only used distilled water too. But I will give this a try in a minute since I just finished using mine.

Just finished Steaming the machine ( I did not sit under it) and Clean out the sediment with my vaccum...this thing is quite complicated.... Still in the market for a new one.....

Call me stupid ... (stupid) but it never occurred to me that I would have to worry about sediments. I figured if I used all of the distilled water up during each session I would be OK, but this weekend when I try to use my steamer it started SMOKING! Please tell me I haven't done any irreparable damage to my steamer. Do any of you fine ladies know how I can get it to stop smoking?

Thanks for asking this. Just used my steamer for the first time Saturday and wondered how do I get the extra water out. I will try the replies tonight.

Hello all! :wave:

I was hoping a veteran could help me out. I am extremely excited about my new steamer from SalonsRUs and did my first steam treatment tonight! :grin: I was wondering if anyone has this model and what the procedure is for emptying out the water jug once you are done with your treatment. Do you have to empty the water out once your done or do you leave it in? I attempted to empty it because I felt that was the right thing to do and the instructions aren't that clear, but all the water came out and started leaking out the bottom of my steamer. Please help! :grunt: I am scared I broke it!

Back