Ladies with a TWA (or former TWA). Pic request please of your accessories and styles

I am thinking about doing the BC and that would leave me with a TWA. I am very feminine and flirty in my dress and I want my hair to compliment that. I would like to see your various styles and accessories you use to achieve a feminine and flirty look. This can be headbands, bows, flowers, etc. I would also love to see earring and makeup too. How do you make your TWA, which is said to be traditionally masculated (because of the stigma of short hair) work so that you didn't/don't lose your sex appeal?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Ladies with a TWA (or former TWA). Pic request please of your accessories and sty

Braidout
twa1.jpg

Twistouts
twa2.jpg

twa3.jpg

Shrunken Fro
twa4.jpg

When I BC'd I wore scarves and hoops/long earrings when I went out. After a while, I stopped putting things on my hair. I learnt that my femininity wasn't all tired up in my hair. I could express that in other ways. All of this to say, if you're already used to dressing in a feminine way, then your hair won't necessarily distract from that :). That doesn't mean you can't have fun with dressing up your hair though :D.

Last edited:
Re: Ladies with a TWA (or former TWA). Pic request please of your accessories and sty

Braidout
twa1.jpg

Twistouts
twa2.jpg

twa3.jpg

Shrunken Fro
twa4.jpg

When I BC'd I wore scarves and hoops/long earrings when I went out. After a while, I stopped putting things on my hair. I learnt that my femininity wasn't all tired up my hair. I could express that in other ways. All of this to say, if you're already used to dressing in a feminine way, then your hair won't necessarily distract from that :). That doesn't mean you can't have fun with dressing up your hair though :D.

Beautiful. I especially love the black and white pic.:lick:

Pretty simple but I liked the lookresized pic.jpg

Braidout
twa1.jpg

Twistouts

twa3.jpg

Shrunken Fro

When I BC'd I wore scarves and hoops/long earrings when I went out. After a while, I stopped putting things on my hair. I learnt that my femininity wasn't all tired up my hair. I could express that in other ways. All of this to say, if you're already used to dressing in a feminine way, then your hair won't necessarily distract from that :). That doesn't mean you can't have fun with dressing up your hair though :D.

Thank you! I agree with you, but I am very afraid because I particularly don't like the afro look. BUT, I am determined to go natural and am beginning to find out that juggling the two textures is becoming too much for me. Where did you get these two hair devices. I really LOVE the first one.

Thank you! I agree with you, but I am very afraid because I particularly don't like the afro look. BUT, I am determined to go natural and am beginning to find out that juggling the two textures is becoming too much for me. Where did you get these two hair devices. I really LOVE the first one.

I used long patterned neck scarves to achieve those looks. You can switch the look up by changing how you tie them. I picked the scarves up at a store over here but I'm sure ones like them are available at most clothing stores.

By the "afro" look, I'm guessing you mean short natural hair in it's shrunken state (?). If you do not mind it, why not protective style using twists/braids until you've reached your desired length? I transitioned using small braids (not micro-sized) and Senegalese twists. I think some people have an easier time being natural (mentally) when they don't BC to a short cut.

Braidout
twa1.jpg

Twistouts
twa2.jpg

twa3.jpg

Shrunken Fro
twa4.jpg

When I BC'd I wore scarves and hoops/long earrings when I went out. After a while, I stopped putting things on my hair. I learnt that my femininity wasn't all tired up in my hair. I could express that in other ways. All of this to say, if you're already used to dressing in a feminine way, then your hair won't necessarily distract from that :). That doesn't mean you can't have fun with dressing up your hair though :D.

I love your hair texture and look , your style and hair is beautiful , you work it girl , I just BC because my hair is damage, have some bald patches. In the past I tried the braids they was nice , but now my hair is too short , and the fake twist I tried just did go with me or the person put it in wrong LOL. I'am wearing wigs at this time to help hide my damgae hair, I think I going to tried to work these scarves in my hair I know this post for someone else but you really made my day to come out of my wigs. Be blessed

My siggy is how I wear my hair I have not had any inclination to dress my hair up in any way thus far...Ive had a twa for a lil over a month now

^^ It suits you well. Sometimes, I think just wearing your TWA without any added accessories can be the most sophisticated look of all.

I love your hair texture and look , your style and hair is beautiful , you work it girl , I just BC because my hair is damage, have some bald patches. In the past I tried the braids they was nice , but now my hair is too short , and the fake twist I tried just did go with me or the person put it in wrong LOL. I'am wearing wigs at this time to help hide my damgae hair, I think I going to tried to work these scarves in my hair I know this post for someone else but you really made my day to come out of my wigs. Be blessed

Thank you! :D

In all of those pics, I had small bald patches around my head. I was so upset and paranoid about it for the longest time. As my hair was about 2.5" when I BC'd, I had just about enough hair to cover those sparse looking areas. They fill in quickly though, so don't worry. I did not protective style until I had about 4" of hair.

I used long patterned neck scarves to achieve those looks. You can switch the look up by changing how you tie them. I picked the scarves up at a store over here but I'm sure ones like them are available at most clothing stores.

By the "afro" look, I'm guessing you mean short natural hair in it's shrunken state (?). If you do not mind it, why not protective style using twists/braids until you've reached your desired length? I transitioned using small braids (not micro-sized) and Senegalese twists. I think some people have an easier time being natural (mentally) when they don't BC to a short cut.

I may have to cave in and get SOMETHING. I usually dont do braids so, that may be my problem. What are Sengalese twists?

^^ They are twists that use ordinary synthetic texture (the type for braiding) hair instead of kinky twist synthetic hair. They are smaller, smoother and longer than kinky twists.

This is a pic I found on the net:
2373124569_90959231a7.jpg

Here is a nice pic (I didn't post it though because it's quite big).

If you don't like braids/twists, try half-wigs/full wigs (with you hair cornrowed underneath), sew-in weaves etc. Just something that keeps your hair covered up. Whilst you're doing that, you can do small trims to get rid of the relaxed ends over time.

HTH

Last edited:

Tick tock, I checke dout the links and I am not fond at the twists. but, thank you for teh information.

I am very picky with my hair, as you can tell.

Im at work our I would post some pics in my thread but I BC'd almost a month ago. Check out my fotki there are some pics in there. Forever 21 has a lot of cute head accessories that are cheap.

Back