Ladies who got the Brazilian Keratin Treatment: Updates on BKT and questions

I am in happyville ! I washed my hair, combed it back with leave in and Pantene R&N warp & set, sat under my dryer. Hair dried 10 mins ... ready for pretty bangs and pony...!! Shinny STRAIGHT as a bone!! :wow: I can workout at will now!!!

MA = Mission accomplished!

ETA: It dried so fast and didn't need a lick of anything on it, and it was flowing when I walked! Swang! Bounce, body! What! I just bumped my bang with the iron on low, that was it! Oh boy!

Last edited:
I am in happyville ! I washed my hair, combed it back with leave in and Pantene R&N warp & set, sit under my dryer. Hair dried 10 mins ... ready for pretty bangs and pony...!! Shinny STRAIGHT as a bone!! :wow: I can workout at will now!!!

Yeah!!! I did my 2nd application last night, it came out fab!! Right now I plan to wash it out tomorrow but I might wait until Sunday.

I am in happyville ! I washed my hair, combed it back with leave in and Pantene R&N warp & set, sat under my dryer. Hair dried 10 mins ... ready for pretty bangs and pony...!! Shinny STRAIGHT as a bone!! :wow: I can workout at will now!!!

ETA: It dried so fast and didn't need a lick of anything on it, and it was flowing when I walked! Swang! Bounce, body! What! I just bumped my bang with the iron on low, that was it! Oh boy!

Yay!!!! go on with yo bad self!:yay:Isn't it a wonderful feeling!

Yay!!!! go on with yo bad self!:yay:Isn't it a wonderful feeling!

I have no words. The BKT surpassed my expectations and I am so thankful that I did not wait to get it. I am glad I had the courage to jump out there because I have never had hair like this! LOL. If I have, its been so long I can't remember. :giggle:

I hear the QOD Gold is even better than the BKT brand that I used. I can't imagine how it could get better... More shine? More body, bounce & swing? More manageablity? Less than zero tangles? How can it get better?

Thank you. :)

I'm contemplating giving this BKT a try, since I get pressed regularly. Still not sure...
Do your research. Ask questions. Read everything you can find about the different products. Find ladies with similar hair types and goals and ask about their experience. Then you can make an informed decision.

This is it for me.

AtlantaJJ,

I was meaning to tell you your hair is so beautiful and shiny!!! I love how fast I can style my hair too, that fact alone is why I'll always BKT:yep:. I still love it to lady!!!!:yep:

AtlantaJJ,

I was meaning to tell you your hair is so beautiful and shiny!!! I love how fast I can style my hair too, that fact alone is why I'll always BKT:yep:. I still love it to lady!!!!:yep:
What do you think causes the hair to dry so quickly now? I was amazed.

I didn't put hardly any product on my hair and no oil but it's moist and supple. How can that be? My son said "mom your hair feels like silk" this morning.

What do you think causes the hair to dry so quickly now? I was amazed.

I didn't put hardly any product on my hair and no oil but it's moist and supple. How can that be? My son said "mom your hair feels like silk" this morning.

Seriously, I can't figure it out! Maybe the new smoother cuticle doesn't let as much water into the strand? Honestly, the BKT is like magic...lol. :yep:

Isn't BKT the best! :yep: I just washed my hair. That was a breeze! No knots on the ends of my hair. I decided not to flat iron, and just put a ponytail to air dry to see what results I get. I :love4: being part of the BKT club. It is the BEST THING EVER!!!

Okay Veejee, LD, and AtlantaJJ you ladies need to stop it!!!!!!:spinning:
You all are really making it difficult for me to follow thru with my initial plan and let the BKT wear off my hair!
At the way I'm loving BKT I just may become a BKT junkie and apply it every couple of months.:grin:

Okay Veejee, LD, and AtlantaJJ you ladies need to stop it!!!!!!:spinning:
You all are really making it difficult for me to follow thru with my initial plan and let the BKT wear off my hair!
At the way I'm loving BKT I just may become a BKT junkie and apply it every couple of months.:grin:

With results like that, why wouldn't you?

I have had no problems with my hair since doing the BKT. But from what I have been reading on various hair forums ladies are:
1. not following the directions properly
2. the adjustments they are making to the directions to suit their hair are wrong
3. using way too much product for the amount of hair on their heads
4. hair/scalp is in too poor of condition for successful BKT results
5. not everyone has the skills/techniques to properly do the BKT on their hair.

Thanks Pink, I've been thinking about doing it for a long time and when I saw you took the plunge I decided WTH. It could've been anything 3-5. I wasn't sure how much product to use. Ended up using about 2.5 oz. I couldn't tell with the gloves how saturated my hair was. My hair is also in bad shape lots of splits and single strand knots. But I figured the BKT would make it stronger and easier to straighten so I can S&D more easily. I'm not sure about the skills/technique part, I don't flat iron/blow dry very often but it usually turns out pretty good.

Ok ladies so my package arrived today! :drunk: I picked the Organic Thermo Fusion BKT! The instructions are a little different!

1st Apply BKT to 30% damp hair
2nd You flat iron hair in the range of 380 to 450 F. Flat iron each section 5 to 10 times with out stopping.
3rd Wash hair with mild soap.
4th apply conditioner or treatment ( which states for best results apply a treatment sold by the company that is not offered on the ebay site)
Finalize by drying the hair or using a flat ior and style.

The ingredients: Water, Cetaryl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Propelene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimoium Methosulfate, Quatemium-33, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polyquatemium-7 Cethyl hexanoate, Bis-isobutyl Peg/pppg-25/35/Amodimethicone copolymer, Polysobate-80 Butylene Glycol, Morbicid Acid, Mineral oil, Hydrogenated Sterene/Butadoeme Copolymer, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Fragances.

So what do you guys think?

You know, my hair looks just like that after my bkt! It always looks great and improves after the first wash, but my hair is so much like that immediately after. I thought it would be different after the 2nd or 3rd, etc, but no, it always looks like that for my "cure period". I just wash it out in 24 to 48 hours and keep it moving. I love the results after the first wash so it's not been a biggie for me. One thing that made a big difference was sabino moisture block. The next day I put sabino over the treated hair and flat ironed through and got a much silkier result. You can see the difference in my fotki between the first and second application; the second using the sabino after.

Thanks Sheba, you made me feel a little better. I don't think I'm going to wait to wash it out. Tonight will be 48 hours. I think I'll wash in the morning. I'll have to look for sabino in the local BSS. I don't want to wait for the mail.

I too was looking at this brand. Let me know how yours turns out!

Ok ladies so my package arrived today! :drunk: I picked the Organic Thermo Fusion BKT! The instructions are a little different!

1st Apply BKT to 30% damp hair
2nd You flat iron hair in the range of 380 to 450 F. Flat iron each section 5 to 10 times with out stopping.
3rd Wash hair with mild soap.
4th apply conditioner or treatment ( which states for best results apply a treatment sold by the company that is not offered on the ebay site)
Finalize by drying the hair or using a flat ior and style.

The ingredients: Water, Cetaryl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Propelene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimoium Methosulfate, Quatemium-33, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polyquatemium-7 Cethyl hexanoate, Bis-isobutyl Peg/pppg-25/35/Amodimethicone copolymer, Polysobate-80 Butylene Glycol, Morbicid Acid, Mineral oil, Hydrogenated Sterene/Butadoeme Copolymer, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Fragances.

So what do you guys think?

Question for the ladies who have BKT'd....

Let's say your hair was recovering from breakage (something you learned about on the forum and it did more damage than good) and your strand is very weak. Would you BKT now or wait until you have a healthier head of hair?

Thanks.

Let's say your hair was recovering from breakage (something you learned about on the forum and it did more damage than good) and your strand is very weak. Would you BKT now or wait until you have a healthier head of hair?

Thanks.

From what I have read, the more damaged the better. Because this is keratin that is being infused into the hair, and that is what hair mostly made off, all the more better. BKT clubbers chime in if I am wrong.

From what I have read, the more damaged the better. Because this is keratin that is being infused into the hair, and that is what hair mostly made off, all the more better. BKT clubbers chime in if I am wrong.

Chiming because I agree :yep:

Thanks.
I found that BKT did not heal my split ends. It made them less noticeable, they blend in better. I trimmed an inch due to single strand knots, those get less pronounced but do not go away. I plan to do S & Ds on my ends until T-giving and then perhaps get another trim. Other than those things (that I can only see really) my hair appears to be the picture of health.

What do you have in your hair now? Are you natural? If so you may need to be prepared to do them more often to keep them up. If you have a relaxer or any damage related to a chemical process, the BKT will definately help.

Thanks ladies.

I tried to hit the "Thanks" button and realized it was no longer there.

I'm natural with a sew in. Something I used (may have been protein overload from MegaTek) really made my strand weak. If pulled lightly, it just breaks/snaps. My strands are split. Good thing is that my hair is growing at the roots, so I am on my way to growing a new head of hair. This time I'm keeping it simple and sticking to what I know works for me. I can't keep messing up my progress.

I asked this question because I read someones negative post on BKT where she said it made her strand split open. Heaven knows I don't want this happening to my already fragile strands.

That's good news; I'm gonna have to make a spreadsheet of all the stuff I've made notes on to figure out what will give me the best bang for my buck as I plan to do the next treatment myself (bought a new flatiron that gets up to 450 degrees yesterday!).

I've been analyzing the ingredients for various shampoos used for BKT aftercare/maintenance. They dont use anything with the word sodium not just sodium chloride. They dont even use sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates. This doesn't mean that these products do not contain sulfates. Many of them use ammonium laureth/lauryl sulfates which are harsher that the sodium ones. I guess this helps if you want to constantly use serums to bring extra shine and softness to your hair. I cant suggest anyone not to use them because these shampoos provide extra keratin (extend the treatment) and removes cones & buildup.

Im not sure what Global Keratin uses in their brand products but they use to recommend Elucence which is suppose to be gentle. Elucence does contain Sodium Myreth Sulfate which is coconut derived. The reasons they may have stopped offering those products because they lack keratin and they contain sodium. Also many people using Coppola stated that the training classes mentioned not to use pureology shampoos. They said for some reason it strips the treatment even though it lacks sodium. I've read this info by people who administer BKTs on more than one hair board.

So take this as a mild warning. Just be careful with what you put in your hair. FYI semi permanent dyes does do a little bit of stripping. Even after the 2 weeks you are suppose to wait.

This link is the business http://www.unsprung.net/BKT.html
:Thankyou:

ETA: What are the "bends" they are referring to on that site?
So stay away from Pureology products

Thanks ladies.

I tried to hit the "Thanks" button and realized it was no longer there.

I'm natural with a sew in. Something I used (may have been protein overload from MegaTek) really made my strand weak. If pulled lightly, it just breaks/snaps. My strands are split. Good thing is that my hair is growing at the roots, so I am on my way to growing a new head of hair. This time I'm keeping it simple and sticking to what I know works for me. I can't keep messing up my progress.

I asked this question because I read someones negative post on BKT where she said it made her strand split open. Heaven knows I don't want this happening to my already fragile strands.
I would say give this some time and see how everyone is doing at the end of the year with their hair and the BKT. It is rather new and it is an "adventure" for most of us.

Heck since I lost one head head of hair before I know I can grow it back so I didn't mind quiet so much taking a calculated risk. My hair is healthy and could withstand a little abuse.

If your hair is already compromised, I would say wait to be on the safe side and just keep pampering it back to health.

Just got my hair done today. I have some shedding still, I guess because my strand is still weak and it snaps easily when wet. The great news is that I have a nice amount of healthy new growth. Yay!!

Sorry ladies do to the DH taking the camra, I was not able to take any pic with the hair wet, so on Tues. with my next work I will do wash n go's. I will say that this time with bdry and flat iron , it took 45mins :spinning:. Everyone at work loves it! Tonight will be the real test I have a pt on isolation, and those gowns cause you to sweat something terrible...we will see! :yep:
Also ladies I used Henna a week before this tx!

Last edited:
I would say give this some time and see how everyone is doing at the end of the year with their hair and the BKT. It is rather new and it is an "adventure" for most of us.

Heck since I lost one head head of hair before I know I can grow it back so I didn't mind quiet so much taking a calculated risk. My hair is healthy and could withstand a little abuse.

If your hair is already compromised, I would say wait to be on the safe side and just keep pampering it back to health.

I was thinking about this myself. My hair does not snap like Yodies, but it is very sensitive because of Grave's Disease. I had to do some major conditioning to get it to retain length, so I have had to reconsider and "watch" this thread now that there are a few posts because of condition of hair. Granted my hair is in tip top shape it CAN be, but when I say CAN I mean doing what I CAN do, because I still have an illness, and that does make my hair dryer and a little brittler. So we'll see. I'll make a decision about this but I will take my time.

I will say I am loving what BKT is doing for everyone's hair here, so far, and I'm excited about it, even if I can't use it. I hope I can....:spinning: :spinning::spinning:(don't mind me, typical libra weighing scales debating back and forth).

Oh well I'll monitor and see...

Wait so your hair if natural has to be damaged? DontSpeakDefeat, her dd was transitioning, with healthy natural I believe 4a/4b hair and it came out straight, and that girl, Brittany I think her name is, she had 4a/4b natural and no damage prior to it, and her results were fab. I'm confused. So if my hair is healthy, you're saying it's not a "good" sign if I get good results?

No, that is not what I'm saying.

I'm hella late with this reply. My bad. If your hair has been chemically straightened or your hair is natural, but damaged, bkt will make your hair straight. This will be the end product after your first wash. (My sister has a friend who is natural with unbelievably damaged hair. Her hair was splitting up to her roots. She refused to cut it so it kept getting worse and worse. Anyway, after doing the treatment on her hair, she washed it and it was straight in some areas and wavy in others).

If your hair is natural and healthy, bkt will loosen the curls in your hair after your first wash. (This is what happened to my sister and I).

I was thinking about this myself. My hair does not snap like Yodies, but it is very sensitive because of Grave's Disease. I had to do some major conditioning to get it to retain length, so I have had to reconsider and "watch" this thread now that there are a few posts because of condition of hair. Granted my hair is in tip top shape it CAN be, but when I say CAN I mean doing what I CAN do, because I still have an illness, and that does make my hair dryer and a little brittler. So we'll see. I'll make a decision about this but I will take my time.

I will say I am loving what BKT is doing for everyone's hair here, so far, and I'm excited about it, even if I can't use it. I hope I can....:spinning: :spinning::spinning:(don't mind me, typical libra weighing scales debating back and forth).

Oh well I'll monitor and see...

I was in the same boat, been thinking about this for about 1 yr now! So decided to take the plunge! I'm a Libra too!:grin:

Back