Ladies who achieved thickness FIRST, then eventually length: I wanna hear from you!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I can't sleep, so I decided to post a new thread instead. ;)

I am interested in hearing stories from ladies who have experienced growth in thickness FIRST rather than in length. (I know that there are some ladies whose hair grows downward initially and then becomes thicker in time.)

But, I'm convinced that this is happening with my hair where I am gaining thickness right now. Yes, I've gotten some length but not as much as I have achieved thickness.

So ladies, I'd like to hear from you about your experiences:

1. How did you achieve thickness? What was your regimen?

2. What's the best advice that you can provide for ladies working on health and thickness rather than or in addition to length?

3. Did you eventually achieve length?

As always, thanks for sharing and God bless,

SP :kiss:

Re: Ladies who achieved thickness FIRST, then eventually length: I wanna hear from yo

Bumping cause I wanna know too

Re: Ladies who achieved thickness FIRST, then eventually length: I wanna hear from yo

BUMP - I am definitely interested in this one. Come on, ladies! :D

Good post. I am also intrested. Thickness and health is more important to me because length will eventually come.

1. How did you achieve thickness?

I realized that in order to gain thickness, I needed to stop relaxing my hair bone straight and start texlaxing. Stretches helped me acheive this plus weekly washes.

What was your regimen?

The products in regimen change/vary from time to time but this routine has helped me retain length:
Pre Poo/Hot Oil treatment, Poo, & deep condition weekly. Airdrying has helped me the most.

2. What's the best advice that you can provide for ladies working on health and thickness rather than or in addition to length?

Less is absolutely more! Keep your regimen simple! Research your products. At the same time experiment cautiously. FIND OUT WHAT YOUR HAIR NEEDS.

I have. Armpit length is the longest my hair ever was but it ALWAYS is thick, shiny, and healthy. I am currently full shoulder length and should reach APL by September. December I will be full armpit length with a blunt cut/trim.

Hey Serenity_Peace!

This is me in a nut shell! Since I began this journey with damaged hair, my hair regained health/thickness first, and now I'm getting length.

I did ALOT to achieve thickness, and it took about 6 months. I wrote it in Honii's Thin/Fine Support Thread, but I can pm or re-post it here if you want.

Less is more, and keeping it simple. Just leave your hair alone.

Yes. I'm helping my hair retain length currently by being in twists. I may have gained 2-3 of growth since I started although I cut like 2-3 inches or more since I've been here. I'm addicted to cutting my hair, so I'm trying to stop now.

Hey Serenity_Peace!

This is me in a nut shell! Since I began this journey with damaged hair, my hair regained health/thickness first, and now I'm getting length.

I did ALOT to achieve thickness, and it took about 6 months. I wrote it in Honii's Thin/Fine Support Thread, but I can pm or re-post it here if you want.

Yes. I'm helping my hair retain length currently by being in twists. I may have gained 2-3 of growth since I started although I cut like 2-3 inches or more since I've been here. I'm addicted to cutting my hair, so I'm trying to stop now.

Please repost it here, thanks :)

I am interested in hearing stories from ladies who have experienced growth in thickness FIRST rather than in length. (I know that there are some ladies whose hair grows downward initially and then becomes thicker in time.)

But, I'm convinced that this is happening with my hair where I am gaining thickness right now. Yes, I've gotten some length but not as much as I have achieved thickness.

Hi SP :wave:

I haven't gotten really long yet but I have noticed that I have gotten substantially thicker :yay:

• Texlaxing
  • No brushing
  • Castor Oil
  • No ponytails (this really helped stop the thin ends & breakage)
  • Scalp massages with essential oils & emu oil
  • Deep conditioning twice per week
  • Healthy eating habits & Vitamins
  • Seamless combing (I just purchased two bone combs cause I'm serious up in this piece :lachen:)
  • I will soon cut off my damaged ends
  • Be patient
  • Enjoy the journey
  • Be gentle
  • Be creative
  • Be grateful and Happy :)
  • I do have a bit of length, the thin overprocessed hair appeared longer because it would just lay there.
  • Now my hair is fuller so it isn't stretched to within an inch of it's life. What I gave up in length I made up for in thickness (shrinkage)
  • I am happy because when my hair gets longer and it will be the same thickness it is going to be off the hook :)
  • People already comment on my "thick" hair and I look like:eek::eek::grin::grin::grin:
You know all this stuff already but I always try to share my best practices.

Adios

Last edited:

Thanks, everyone for the great tips! I have seen that some people are DC'ing twice a week. I am thinking about doing that, but how would I know if my hair DOESN'T like it? I am using ORS and organics hair mayo for my DC's. I already do one on wash day. I was thinking about adding another one mid-week during one of my cowash days. Please let me know. Thanks~

Please repost it here, thanks :)

Here you go, Nefertiti

• First it’s important to know that overall health/thickness will come before length.
  • No heat. Completely eliminate heat from your regimen (with the exception of deep conditioning/protein treatments). Air drying my hair saved my ends. They were already all chewed up and uneven and badly damaged, adding heat to it (even limited heat) would have pushed back or slowed down the process to regain some sort of health, if possible. I have been told that damaged hair cannot be repaired; it is irreversible. The only available option would be to trim or cut. However, with the use of good products and techniques, you can gradually trim off the damaged portions OR style your hair in a way that helps it blend in with the rest of your hair, or make it look like it's SUPPOSED to look like that :D See my avatar? My ends are sooooooo uneven and damaged, but people think they are layers. :cool:. Sometime you just gotta work with what ya got. I have how I styled my hair without heat if you would like to know what my hair looked like. I got tired of wearing braid/twist outs so I learned how to make my hair as straight as possible without heat, airdried.
  • Baby your ends. It seems as if you are having a problem retaining your ends. I probably wore my hair down, maybe 4 times since January, and only when I wore tank tops. Leaving my ends up or unexposed helped them to be left alone and prevented any unnecessary combing or “photochemical damage” (I got that from Sistaslick :lachen:)
  • No combing. The more hair that stays on your head, the better! Equally, eliminate any possible reasons for shedding/breakage that you can pinpoint. Just like you, I shed a lot with BT, and girl I was pissed cuz I wanted this product to work so bad! :lol: Me not combing my hair was not done on purpose; it kinda just happened that way. I only combed on wash day. Due to my airdried hairstyles that I wore (my hair was either curly, slightly wavy, or straight) I did not have to comb it. Actually combing would have messed up the style. I realized that my not combing my hair was really helping thicken my hair. However when I had a lot of new growth, I made sure to use a moisturizing/detangling conditioner so I had no matting. The only combs I did use were bone combs.
  • Henna. I know you said henna did not work for you…did you clarify after you hennaed? And did you do a strong moisturizing session afterwards? Henna thickened my hair a lot. It also made it stronger, therefore less prone to breakage. I urge you to try it one more time, and this why. I had a better time with henna the second time (as far as dryness goes) because: I clarified afterwards, I did not use any terps- only used water to mix my henna, and I used a conditioner that usually is too moisturizing for my hair: NTM. On regular wash days, NTM that made my hair mushy. But on henna days, it brought my hair back to its normal moisture levels. I also used Dominican cocktail of conditioners and deep conditioned overnight. I have my henna regimen in my fotki if you do decide to do it again.
  • Castor Oil. I put this stuff in EVERYTHING. I used it in my pre-poos, deep conditioners, and used it seal in moisture. The trick is to not use too much to weigh your fine strands down.
  • Stretching relaxers. Stretching relaxers definitely helped me. I couldn’t do that on my own, which is why I got twists. This will definitely make me leave my hair alone and prevented me from doing something crazy…like cutting my hair! If 6-8 is your normal stretch, go for 4 months, or 6 months. Get braids/twists/weave to help you.
  • Less is More. If you use too much product, your hair will absorb all it can, then the rest will just coat the strand. Product build up can cause hair to break since moisture can’t penetrate the strand.
  • Pinpoint what can be making your hair break/shed and eliminate it. You’ve done good with the biotin, BT, etc. There can also be ingredients in your products that may not be agreeing with your hair. It took me a while to realize that my hair LOVES anything with citric acid and HATES anything with glycerin. So make a hair journal, and jot down what you use, how your hair felt using it, and then you can start to learn your hair.
  • Just learn to leave your hair alone. You may be doing way too much to it, actually causing it to break more than it needs to. Just shampoo, deep condition, moisturize/seal, protein treat/clarify as needed, and let it grow. Do the bare minimum. Retain your growth!
These are external techniques. The internal is just as important. Sistaslick said it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistaslick
When your diet and water intake are on point, then the hair you push out will be in peak condition.

Your hair gets the leftover materials from the rest of your body, so if you are already dehydrated and your nutrition is poor-- you'll put out poor quality hair.

Once that hair emerges, it won't get any more nutritional support from you again. Everything after that will have to be done externally. So you want your body to be in good condition first, so that your hair comes out in good condition, and you won't have to jump through hoops of fire to patch it up after it's already out there. The benefits of increasing internal hydration will take a while to show up along the length of the shaft since it will only affect the newgrowth that comes out during that time. In the meantime, external hydration is all you can rely on.

I hope this helps. This may be a strict regimen, but I realized I didn't have to do it for the full 6 months to reap the benefits. But I'll be doing this till I reach my goal. Lemme know how things work for you and if you have any questions!

Thanks, everyone for the great tips! I have seen that some people are DC'ing twice a week. I am thinking about doing that, but how would I know if my hair DOESN'T like it? I am using ORS and organics hair mayo for my DC's. I already do one on wash day. I was thinking about adding another one mid-week during one of my cowash days. Please let me know. Thanks~

Hi Gabulldawg,

This seems like common sense but "pay attention to your hair"

When I first joined the board I would jump in with both feet doing whatever folks raved about the most. This was a big no no. You have to "listen to your hair".

I made this mistake and baggied for 6 months even though my ends kept looking stringy and thin. Obviously the baggy wasn't working for me but I kept reading all these success stories and I thought well maybe I need a little more time...:wacky:crazy I know

I say take the advice on this forum and use what works for you. If you notice your hair does not respond well to a practice stop doing it and move on to something that works better for you.

Everything aint for everybody:look:

Thanks so much for sharing, ladies!

@ Trimbride: Girl, you so crazy, but I agree that I would rather my hair get thick from shaft to ends rather see too much length. I think this is happening with me right now. Also, thanks so much again for suggesting the mixture of castor oil with Kids Organic Shea Butter Detangling and Moisturizing Leave-In. This stuff is da bomb! It is the only thing that softens up my NG without weighing it down. I love you, girl! :kiss:

@ gabulldawg: I wonder, too, if I should do a mid-week wash because I'm running a lot again. And my hair is now at a critical stage where it tends to break. The salt from sweat can be drying, so I, too, am thinking about a mid-week co-wash. However, I'm always thinking about what I can use for that. I don't want to experiment too much.

Come on ladies, and continue to chime in here. Especially my fine-haired sistahs. How did ya'll thicken up those lovely, fine tresses?

I'm finna go 'head and bump this thang up... ;)

I'm finna go 'head and bump this thang up... ;)

SP - This is an awesome thread. I'm just now starting to realize alot about my hair and really see that thickness is most important to me so I'm taking note. Like one thing that I know without a doubt is that baggying DOES NOT work for me. I was persistent about it but it just hasn't worked. Co-washing is really helping a lot. I was in Kinikakes fotki just yesterday and although my hair is not as long as hers I like how she braids her hair after she co-washes. I tried this last night then put on my wet 'n wavy ponytail this morning and LOVE it!!! I also notice that glycerin is AWESOME for my hair so been using that more often these days. And BT made my hair shed too but it's done wonders for my edges so I'm using it only on my edges.

I'm going to try the castor oil now, getting some tonight. But I really want to thicken it up so ladies please keep this awesome advice coming!!!!!!!!

LADIES - About castor oil: Ladies what's better regular castor oil or Jamaican black Castor Oil. Also, I'm loving phony ponies for protective styles and make sure not to pull too tight (the glycerin products I use plus a silk scarf tied loosely at night lays it down) but for those using phony ponies, how else can you jazz them up? I'm actually using some wet 'n wavy hair from Adorables wrapped around and held with a scruncie and pins to do my pony (my hair is moisturized and sealed with oils with a fabric band soaked in olive oil) but how else can I make it look cute besides hanging down?

Here you go, Nefertiti

• First it’s important to know that overall health/thickness will come before length.
  • No heat. Completely eliminate heat from your regimen (with the exception of deep conditioning/protein treatments). Air drying my hair saved my ends. They were already all chewed up and uneven and badly damaged, adding heat to it (even limited heat) would have pushed back or slowed down the process to regain some sort of health, if possible. I have been told that damaged hair cannot be repaired; it is irreversible. The only available option would be to trim or cut. However, with the use of good products and techniques, you can gradually trim off the damaged portions OR style your hair in a way that helps it blend in with the rest of your hair, or make it look like it's SUPPOSED to look like that :D See my avatar? My ends are sooooooo uneven and damaged, but people think they are layers. :cool:. Sometime you just gotta work with what ya got. I have how I styled my hair without heat if you would like to know what my hair looked like. I got tired of wearing braid/twist outs so I learned how to make my hair as straight as possible without heat, airdried.
  • Baby your ends. It seems as if you are having a problem retaining your ends. I probably wore my hair down, maybe 4 times since January, and only when I wore tank tops. Leaving my ends up or unexposed helped them to be left alone and prevented any unnecessary combing or “photochemical damage” (I got that from Sistaslick :lachen:)
  • No combing. The more hair that stays on your head, the better! Equally, eliminate any possible reasons for shedding/breakage that you can pinpoint. Just like you, I shed a lot with BT, and girl I was pissed cuz I wanted this product to work so bad! :lol: Me not combing my hair was not done on purpose; it kinda just happened that way. I only combed on wash day. Due to my airdried hairstyles that I wore (my hair was either curly, slightly wavy, or straight) I did not have to comb it. Actually combing would have messed up the style. I realized that my not combing my hair was really helping thicken my hair. However when I had a lot of new growth, I made sure to use a moisturizing/detangling conditioner so I had no matting. The only combs I did use were bone combs.
  • Henna. I know you said henna did not work for you…did you clarify after you hennaed? And did you do a strong moisturizing session afterwards? Henna thickened my hair a lot. It also made it stronger, therefore less prone to breakage. I urge you to try it one more time, and this why. I had a better time with henna the second time (as far as dryness goes) because: I clarified afterwards, I did not use any terps- only used water to mix my henna, and I used a conditioner that usually is too moisturizing for my hair: NTM. On regular wash days, NTM that made my hair mushy. But on henna days, it brought my hair back to its normal moisture levels. I also used Dominican cocktail of conditioners and deep conditioned overnight. I have my henna regimen in my fotki if you do decide to do it again.
  • Castor Oil. I put this stuff in EVERYTHING. I used it in my pre-poos, deep conditioners, and used it seal in moisture. The trick is to not use too much to weigh your fine strands down.
  • Stretching relaxers. Stretching relaxers definitely helped me. I couldn’t do that on my own, which is why I got twists. This will definitely make me leave my hair alone and prevented me from doing something crazy…like cutting my hair! If 6-8 is your normal stretch, go for 4 months, or 6 months. Get braids/twists/weave to help you.
  • Less is More. If you use too much product, your hair will absorb all it can, then the rest will just coat the strand. Product build up can cause hair to break since moisture can’t penetrate the strand.
  • Pinpoint what can be making your hair break/shed and eliminate it. You’ve done good with the biotin, BT, etc. There can also be ingredients in your products that may not be agreeing with your hair. It took me a while to realize that my hair LOVES anything with citric acid and HATES anything with glycerin. So make a hair journal, and jot down what you use, how your hair felt using it, and then you can start to learn your hair.
  • Just learn to leave your hair alone. You may be doing way too much to it, actually causing it to break more than it needs to. Just shampoo, deep condition, moisturize/seal, protein treat/clarify as needed, and let it grow. Do the bare minimum. Retain your growth!
These are external techniques. The internal is just as important. Sistaslick said it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistaslick
When your diet and water intake are on point, then the hair you push out will be in peak condition.

Your hair gets the leftover materials from the rest of your body, so if you are already dehydrated and your nutrition is poor-- you'll put out poor quality hair.

Once that hair emerges, it won't get any more nutritional support from you again. Everything after that will have to be done externally. So you want your body to be in good condition first, so that your hair comes out in good condition, and you won't have to jump through hoops of fire to patch it up after it's already out there. The benefits of increasing internal hydration will take a while to show up along the length of the shaft since it will only affect the newgrowth that comes out during that time. In the meantime, external hydration is all you can rely on.

I hope this helps. This may be a strict regimen, but I realized I didn't have to do it for the full 6 months to reap the benefits. But I'll be doing this till I reach my goal. Lemme know how things work for you and if you have any questions!

Reg the bold: Kiesh, How did you make your hair as straight as possible without heat???

Last edited:

I appreciate you sharing your tips, ladies. I personally would be happy if my own hair, which is shoulder length (maybe a bit longer), never grew another inch if I could get it to be thicker. I think the major culprit for me is my diet. Once I get back into the habit of eating healthier and dumping the junk, hopefully I'll see the results in my hair.

Last edited:

Hey Serenity_Peace!

I just looked through your albumm, you have GORGEOUS HAIR and what a transformation :eek:
I just realized you use Henna. It seems like everyone on this board who's hair I admire uses Henna.

Last edited:

I appreciate you sharing your tips, ladies. I personally would be happy if my own hair, which is shoulder length (maybe a bit longer), never grew another inch if I could get it to be thicker. I think the major culprit for me is my diet. Once I get back into the habit of eating healthier and dumping the junk, hopefully I'll see the results in my hair.

You ain't nevah lied. I think changing the diet, adding in more protein and veggies internally may help to not be too reliant on using protein in the hair. My hair is not too fond of harsh proteins at all.

But you're right. Though it'd be nice to have very long hair, I much rather prefer hair that is healthy, shiny and thick. That's why I won't go too crazy if I never get to or past BSL. I don't have mid-back or waist length goals. Now, if I'm blessed with that length, that would be fine with me. But I'm not as focused on length as I am on overall health and thickness of my hair.

Reg the bold: Kiesh, How did you make your hair as straight as possible without heat???

Hi Luvmesumhair! How are you? I was wondering how your henna went and just got your message. I'm gonna pm you my number again, sorry about that.

Anyway, this is how I get my hair straight without heat. It's definitely not as straight as a flatiron (if only I can be that lucky) but it's straight enough so it's not puffy, my roots are flat, and I can wear my hair down. I just copied and pasted what's in my journal:

-After washing, I loosely pull my hair back and put in a lot of NTM Silk Touch Leave-in Cream or Silicon Mix to my wet hair.
-Then apply a mixture of Vatika Coconut Oil, Amla Oil, and castor oil to seal moisture.
-I pull my hair into a loose pony tail with those hair rubberbands (coated with oil and double tied so it eventually pops after I put in the roller).
-I LIGHTLY brush the top of my hair with a 100% natural boar bristle brush.
-Then I take one grey roller to roll the length of my hair and baggy the ends.
-Then I tie my hair with a silk scarf.
-It may take about 2 days for my hair to completely dry, but it still looks very nice, as this accentuates my new growth waves, but also taming them and keeping them very very flat.
-In the morning, I just remove the scarf and add some NTM and oil, brush my hair lightly, then put back on the scarf to do morning duties.
-Before I leave the house, I remove the roller, pull my hair up in one of those claw clips, and go. I do not comb my hair at all. I can do this every day and night until my next wash, so I only comb my hair on wash days to detangle.
-Before I go to sleep (and after the 2nd day when my hair is completely dry), I repeat this same process of moisturizing, oiling, and rolling my hair and I baggy the rollers around my hair to keep my ends strong, soft, and moisturized.
-If I get tired of that look, then I'll wear a head band to cover the new growth and dress up the style, and wear my hair down. My hair will airdry soft and smooth, especially my ends. (I almost wish I never trimmed my hair; my ends just airdry really dry and ugly, but when I use the roller, they airdry soft and moisturized.) My hair airdries straight with a little bump, kinda looks like I used a curling iron. I only wear my hair down if I'm wearing a tank top.

This style prevents me from manipulating my new growth, and also combing my hair altogether, avoiding unnecessary breakage and shedding on non-wash days.

One of these days I'll post pics with each step cuz I know it'll be easier to see than read. Oh, and those with thicker hair may need to use more than one roller. HTH!

I just looked through your albumm, you have GORGEOUS HAIR and what a transformation :eek:
I just realized you use Henna. It seems like everyone on this board who's hair I admire uses Henna.

Don't she, tho'? :yep: Very awe inspiring! :notworthy:

Awww thank you, you're actually one of the reasons I've joined :D I LOVE YOUR HAIR! But yea my hair did look like a hot mess huh?! :lachen:Henna and airdrying saved my hair definitely. Oh, and leaving it alone helped too. Have you ever tried henna? I LOVE your color, so I would opt for cassia and get the same benefits (I've heard cassia gives the same benefits, but I have no experience using it).

Great thread. I thought I was the only one who cared about thickness first. I love thick hair.:)

1. How did you achieve thickness? What was your regimen?I gained thickness by very limited heat for 1 year this August! I would wash and Condition with leavin cond. style with gel, braid out up dos, twists updos. Apple cider vinegar scalp rinse every shampoo. great for detangling, my vitamins are b complex and flaxseed. Lack of heat excellerated my thickness returning.

2. What's the best advice that you can provide for ladies working on health and thickness rather than or in addition to length? Limit or eliminate the heat. I would air dry or dome dry my hair on low setting

My length is also starting to come so far this year i estimate about 4-6 inches of growth. Thickness is unmeasurable! I have thick fine hair. LHCF has done wonders! Oh I also started using Amla Oil mixed with Cholesteral for deep cond. NO FREQUENT COMBING, just finger styling Thanks Ladies! YOU SHOWED ME!

Last edited:

1. How did you achieve thickness? What was your regimen? I have thick hair naturally but I've incorporated Biotin and B-complex, I have also refrained from pressing hair each week until I reach my thickness and length goals. I have achieved No/low heat for 6 months and counting. . . I'm pushing for no heat until Dec 2007 (but I do press straight (airdry then press) every now and then to track growth and length.

2. What's the best advice that you can provide for ladies working on health and thickness rather than or in addition to length? Wear protective style I do buns) and make sure no/low heat.

3. Did you eventually achieve length? Yes. I haven't pressed hair straight enough to achieve true length. Will do so once goals have been met across the board (luster, thick ends, mid-back).

:weird: I am happy with my progress. So far so good.

Awww thank you, you're actually one of the reasons I've joined :D I LOVE YOUR HAIR! But yea my hair did look like a hot mess huh?! :lachen:Henna and airdrying saved my hair definitely. Oh, and leaving it alone helped too. Have you ever tried henna? I LOVE your color, so I would opt for cassia and get the same benefits (I've heard cassia gives the same benefits, but I have no experience using it).

Aww, thanks :)
My cousin and I are making our first henna purchase today. My hair is weird. It turns dark warm brown in Winter and usually a lightish-med brown (I just pulled out a platinum strand last week) in the Summer.

I thought about using Cassia, but I heard the results are temporary and the impact no where near the same as Henna :(
I found a recipe for a 2/3 henna, 1/3 indigo that's supposed to result in a warm golden brown, I'm hoping if I use it my hair won't turn jet black :perplexed

Anyway, I have to go back to staring at your hair pic. I'm so jealous of the shine!

Last edited:

Meeee(raising hand) I definately achieved thickness before seeing growth. 1.) I basically believe the thickness came from using minimal heat and keeping hair moiturized. 2.) When you wash hair let it air dry. I would only use heat if I was going somewhere special or my hair was getting tooooo much new growth. I washed on Sunday and Thursday and made sure I moisturized my scalp and hair(especially ends) 3.) Now that my hair is nice and thick I am now seeing length. (See fotki)

I completely agree with the NO heat, airdrying & moisturizing business. My hair started regaining its thickness within a month. My recovery is picking up pretty quickly!!!!

Oh! And co-washes were an awesome plus too :D

I just signed on to castor oil, biotin conditioner & Giovanni & the difference in my hair is amazing.:p You guys really know ur stuff, dont u? :)

Meeee(raising hand) I definately achieved thickness before seeing growth. 1.) I basically believe the thickness came from using minimal heat and keeping hair moiturized. 2.) When you wash hair let it air dry. I would only use heat if I was going somewhere special or my hair was getting tooooo much new growth. I washed on Sunday and Thursday and made sure I moisturized my scalp and hair(especially ends) 3.) Now that my hair is nice and thick I am now seeing length. (See fotki)

You certainly have done a WONDERFUL job, and your hair...WOW!!! It looks so nice and thick! I love this thread...such an inspiration!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

this is an amazing thread: i give it 5 stars: hmmm wonder wat kind of thread I can post if i can't sleep

Very informative thread. I really like it :D

I'm also interested in achieving thickness. Right now if my hair doesn't get any longer for awhile, but I have more thickness, I would love it. It's funny my wet n go style is thick but my actual straight styles are lacking. I hate putting heat on my hair so I've been maintaining the no heat airdry look.

Back