Ladies that wrap their hair...

LadyChe

How do you use the plastic wrap? I read that some of you use that when wrapping your hair...

So I want to know what the benefits are of using plastic wrap and how you do it.

TIA!

I've had a hairdresser use plastic wrap before. She rolled my hair, wrapped it, covered it in plastic wrap and put me under a dryer. The plastic wrap loosens the curl, but keeps the body in your hair.

I use plastic wrap sometimes if I wash and roll my hair and need to be somewhere the same day and want a smooth look with a little bump to the ends and a lot of body. If I wash at night, I just wrap and go to sleep and in the morning I have the same effect.

asubeauty said:
I've had a hairdresser use plastic wrap before. She rolled my hair, wrapped it, covered it in plastic wrap and put me under a dryer. The plastic wrap loosens the curl, but keeps the body in your hair.

That was my experience as well. One hair stylist would take out my rollers, wrap my hair, put on the saran wrap, and sit me back under the drier for another 15 min. It was okay. *shrug* Nothing to write home about. Ive never done it at home, nor would I bother. Then again, i stopped wrapping my hair long ago, and prefer the body and fullness that comes after a roller set alone.

they just wrapped my hair when it was nearly dry they would place the plastic cap you use to get highlites on and put you back under the dryer for about 5 minutes (fine hair) and the body would be like BAM.

I actually rollerset my hair last nite and I used a CVS bag... DONT JUDGE ME!!!!

I unwrapped my hair this morning and it juusttt fellllll.. I looked really amazing if I do say so myself!!

tuffCOOKiE said:
I actually rollerset my hair last nite and I used a CVS bag... DONT JUDGE ME!!!!

I unwrapped my hair this morning and it juusttt fellllll.. I looked really amazing if I do say so myself!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @ DONT JUDGE ME!!!!

Girl Im not even mad at that! :p Whatever works, sista!!!! ^^^5

gn1g said:
they just wrapped my hair when it was nearly dry they would place the plastic cap you use to get highlites on and put you back under the dryer for about 5 minutes (fine hair) and the body would be like BAM.

Ok but wouldn't the plastic keep moisture in while drying and make your hair damp?? What's the difference in putting on a plastic cap that you use to deep condish vs the saran wrap, they both seal in moisture?? When I wrap my hair after a rollerset, I'd use a scarf with those little bitty holes in it and get the same results.......***scratching my head*** maybe i'll try this saran wrap:lol: I'm sitting under the dryer right now with a head full of rollers:lol:

Back