Do YOU wet wrap?

A lot of my friends wet wrap an their hair come out looking flawless. Do you think wet wrapping is damaging????? If not how do you wet wrap your hair?

what is a wet wrap? When you wrap your hair around without rolling it? If so, I used to have it done, but it was too flat for my liking. That's why I started rollersetting

I used to when I was relaxed. My hair got the flattest like that. Once your hair gets long it takes too long to dry though.

I wet wrap every week faithfully and air dry. I do it using a wide tooth comb and when I unwrap in the morning my hair has a great bounce to it and is so fluffy. I don't think its damaging b/c I wrap it w/ conditioner in it and no hair comes out in the comb and if it does it's aliitle and the normal shed. I rather this then roller set..to me it's quicker and I can sleep w/o the annoying rollers since I'm trying not to use heat anymore for drying.

I've had it done at a salon by one of my moms stylist friends years ago, it came out very nice with body and all, however when i tried it at home it didn't look nothing like how the stylist did it.

wet wrapping: condition the hair add setting lotion, leave in et.
you can wrap with a paddle brush to get it in shape...or rat tail like the ladies said here, however for my hair i wouldn't use a rat tail
use a boars head brush to smooth the hair down
wrap head with wrapping paper, it is like the end paper but longer and wide for the purpose of wet wraps etc. it keeps the hair smoothed down.
normally sit under dryer til dry

for myself i like it better on freshly permed hair becaue the roots will be a bit straighter.

wet wrapping is just wrapping wet hair in the way you wrap your dry hair before you go to sleep.

It has never worked when i tried it home, maybe i'll try again, when i did it at home though my hair was crunchy on the outer layer, maybe with lacio lacio it won't be crunchy.

Last edited:
i don't. drying time is just way too long for me and also wrapping thins my edges so i try to stay away. i'm sure it works for some people, though.

I used to do this occasionally. Took too long to dry and I always had to much volume at the top. I don't think it's damaging, though, especially if air-drying works for you. I don't see how it's that different from a roller set.

totally agree.

I have some free time on my hands now because of a bad job market....maybe i'll try it and post pics, but i am 6-7 weeks post stretching for the whoe winter till it gets hot again.

I forgot to add I think some may rollerset the top portion of the hair and wrap the rest of the hair for shorten the dry time.

btw, your ends look very nice mxdchiq86

i don't. drying time is just way too long for me and also wrapping thins my edges so i try to stay away. i'm sure it works for some people, though.

Last edited:
I used to do this occasionally. Took too long to dry and I always had to much volume at the top. I don't think it's damaging, though, especially if air-drying works for you. I don't see how it's that different from a roller set.

The effect is the same..especially if you wrap after u roller set but to me it's just less of a hassle. It's easier for me to wet wrap then to roller set. I air dry and having rollers in my hair all day through the night doesn't work for me.

also forgot to add the denman is used too to wrap the hair. i think using a fine tooth comb is just a bit too damaging, my hair sheds on the regular and that would probably finish me off lol!!!

Yes I do just did it last night. It's usually dry by the morning sometimes it's still a little damp like this morning but not that much. I use a comb but to finish it to make sure it's perfectly smooth I go over it with a brush.

also forgot to add the denman is used too to wrap the hair. i think using a fine tooth comb is just a bit too damaging, my hair sheds on the regular and that would probably finish me off lol!!!

If a comb is being used..a wide tooth comb is best.

salon tried that on me a few years back..way to much manipulation and i was under the dryer for like 2 hour + and it still wasn't dry. It looked a hot mess....

yeah if it doesn't dry fully it will not come out with the "doobie" look lol! :). it will just be a hot mess...yes i'm old using the word doobie...well not that old late late 20's lol!

Back