Ladies that self relax with Affirm...

Ladylynn

Did you purchase the 4 lb tub? How long does that last? I only relax about 4 times a year, maybe 5. I'm concerned about now using it up fast enough and it going bad or something. What else did you purchase, i.e. protecto, 5 in 1, positive link, shampoo?

Also, where did you purchase it from and how much? This is some pricey relaxer.
I normally relax with Revlon lye but I now have close to 4 inches of underprocesed hair. I want my hair bone straight because I don't use heat to straighten my relaxed hair and I roller set weekly. I have to go over the roots with a flat iron now because it sets crinkly. I should not have to do that when I just relaxed two weeks ago. I'm considering going with Affirm.

Last edited:
I just had a 4 lb. tub of Affirm delivered the other day. It automatically came with the Protecto. I also ordered the 5 in 1 and the Normalizing Shampoo.

I'm not sure how long it will last, but I don't plan on relaxing anymore than 4 times this year.

Chichi

It lasted me for five uses. The tub should last you a year. It keeps really well and won't spoil. I bought the whole line - conditioner, normalizing shampoo plus the scalp base.

Chichi :bdance:

amy1234

I self relax with affirm lye aswell and I have the 4lb tub.

I think there's enough to give you at least 6 applications, the most 8.

littleaudie

I use affirm fiberguard for texturizer. Before this I used Affirm regular strength for relaxing. It is more expensive, but it's one of the best relaxers I know of (I like the results from mizani too)
If you're going to use it, buy the whole line especially the 5 in 1 re constructor. You should use this right after rinsing the relaxer out leave in for 5 mins -then neutralizing shampoo. (the steps are marked right on the products, but sometimes we do them out of order)
A 4lb tub has a shelf life of up to 4 years, so don't worry about it spoiling on you. Just make sure to mix well before application.

Ladylynn

littleaudie said:
I use affirm fiberguard for texturizer. Before this I used Affirm regular strength for relaxing. It is more expensive, but it's one of the best relaxers I know of (I like the results from mizani too)
If you're going to use it, buy the whole line especially the 5 in 1 re constructor. You should use this right after rinsing the relaxer out leave in for 5 mins -then neutralizing shampoo. (the steps are marked right on the products, but sometimes we do them out of order)
A 4lb tub has a shelf life of up to 4 years, so don't worry about it spoiling on you. Just make sure to mix well before application.

Thanks littleaudie, this is good to know.

Dogmd

Hi I get mine from www.sheldez.com

I got a 4lb tub for $30.00.. Allows me to apply 4-5 applications... that is if hubby is not dippin into it to texturize his hair. Buy the whole line protecto, normalizing shampoo, relaxer, reconstructor and I also get my 5 pound tub of keracare humecto from them as well.

Dogmd said:
Hi I get mine from www.sheldez.com

I got a 4lb tub for $30.00.. Allows me to apply 4-5 applications... that is if hubby is not dippin into it to texturize his hair. Buy the whole line protecto, normalizing shampoo, relaxer, reconstructor and I also get my 5 pound tub of keracare humecto from them as well.

www.sheldeez.com

That's where I got mine too. :)