LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP, LYE OR NO-LYE

Nanyanika

i'm getting a relaxer soon after a 6 month strecth, some of you may remember some issues i was having with silk elements lye relaxer it made my hair too soft and thinner, is this an effect that lye has on hair. i remember when i was using elasta qp no-lye my hair was straight but extremely thick and stronger however it was drier. I'm indecisive, I want straight hair with thickness but without dryness, i can't use mild lye because i always get underprocessed even with regular. in my possession i have silk elements which is a no no and secondly, ors lye relaxer, which i bought based on good reviews i hope i don't get the same effect as silk elements. i don't want to damage my hair by switching formulas either.

Signed a damsel in distress.

shunta

Hmm, well I think I would go with ORS lye, because Ive only heard great things about it. The reason I chose lye is because it still leaves my hair straight and thick.:)

Candy_C

how about phytorelaxer?

maybe the dryness was because of a regime or product that didnt agree with yo hair?

i'm not sure hun, what was your regime.

just shocked elasta didnt work for you hun

x

LocksOfLuV

I went back to no lye with no problems. As a matter of fact my hair seens stronger than ever.

Have you considered ORS no lye?

brandy

Hi Den1:wave:
It has been a while!
So you are having problems with silk elements too! I used it because you liked it. It is true it makes the hair too soft and thin:( . I switched to Phyto index 2 (no lye). It straightens the hair and leaves it with bounce! I really likeee:yep:. I hope you do find a relaxer that would suit your hair. Good luck.
When are you getting a new hair album because I miss your album;)

Nanyanika

shunta said:
Hmm, well I think I would go with ORS lye, because Ive only heard great things about it. The reason I chose lye is because it still leaves my hair straight and thick.:)
if its A choice between SE or Ors i would choose ors because of all the raves. However i've had three touch-ups using lye, and my hair seems thinner but strangely my roots weren't as straight.

Nanyanika

Candy_C said:
how about phytorelaxer?

maybe the dryness was because of a regime or product that didnt agree with yo hair?

i'm not sure hun, what was your regime.

just shocked elasta didnt work for you hun

x
hi Candy, your hair is looking amazing!!!

I loved elasta QP no-lye, as it got my hair straight yet, it remained pretty thick. However, my ends were very dry. my hair length would be very moisturised when in a bunned up, but as soon as i combed the ends it was frizzy and dry i think it may due to my hair being underprocessed from past texturizers, this led me to believe that, the no-lye may not have helped the issue. Now that i've got rid of the old hair ends in december. perphaps, my hair will react differently since its now all one straight texture.

i didn't have a proper regimen at the time, i was using all different products, some of which i didn't like anyway.

Nanyanika

LocksOfLuV said:
I went back to no lye with no problems. As a matter of fact my hair seens stronger than ever.

Have you considered ORS no lye?
Yes, i have thought about using ORS no-lye, but i'm hearing some people prefer the lye better. I may give lye one more try, if it doesn't work out i'll probably switch to no-lye.

Candy_C

den1 said:
hi Candy, your hair is looking amazing!!!

I loved elasta QP no-lye, as it got my hair straight yet, it remained pretty thick. However, my ends were very dry. my hair length would be very moisturised when in a bunned up, but as soon as i combed the ends it was frizzy and dry i think it may due to my hair being underprocessed from past texturizers, this led me to believe that, the no-lye may not have helped the issue. Now that i've got rid of the old hair ends in december. perphaps, my hair will react differently since its now all one straight texture.

i didn't have a proper regimen at the time, i was using all different products, some of which i didn't like anyway.

aww thanks den.

Thats ashame maaan. I had severe dryness a few years ago with elasa qp no lye due to the fact i would airdry and then comb...breakage all over "the gaff"

i was also using motions (thumbs down big time)

i tink this relaxer is good for those who use heat regularly OR airdry and do not manipulate the hair much

i've also noticed that either my hair, or the relaxed TEXTURE of my hair, lovesss water and oil

it may well be the relaxer, but it could also be an additional something else.

and i got a feeling switching relaxers may be harmful..i might be wrong, but i don't want you relaxing with another brand and being dissapointed...

phyto is meant to be amazing though. if iwasnt liking elasta qp i would try phyto which is no lye

i personally think no-lye is better

Nanyanika

brandy said:
Hi Den1:wave:
It has been a while!
So you are having problems with silk elements too! I used it because you liked it. It is true it makes the hair too soft and thin:( . I switched to Phyto index 2 (no lye). It straightens the hair and leaves it with bounce! I really likeee:yep:. I hope you do find a relaxer that would suit your hair. Good luck.
When are you getting a new hair album because I miss your album;)
Hi brandy, Since protective styling with braids and doing treatments my hair is doing great, but i won't be using SE anymore, even though i loved the feel of my hair. Phyto results sounds good, but the price is too expensive. Not sure when i'll put up, a new album, probably be a while. I might post a pic of my next touch-up.

Nanyanika

den1 said:
Hi brandy, Since protective styling with braids and doing treatments my hair is doing great, but i won't be using SE anymore, even though i loved the feel of my hair. Phyto results sounds good, but the price is too expensive. Not sure when i'll put up, a new album, probably be a while. I might post a pic of my next touch-up.
girl i do not want to take chances, switching from lye-no-lye its taken a while to get my hair back to a good condition. i don't suffer any dryness using lye though. At the moment i'm using ors moisturisers and my hair really loves this stuff, so i'm really hoping my hair will love the lye relaxer. my relaxed texture is similar to yours, i love water and oil mixtures too. i