Ladies...come check out my TRANSITIONING Album!

Crystalicequeen123

Hello ladies! :wave:

I'm currently 7 MONTHS POST in my transitioning journey, and I have added more photos to my fotki album! :woot: :woot:

Come check out my pictures!!

Link: http://public.fotki.com/crystalicequeen123/
PW: hair pics

In the meantime, here is a FORETASTE of my album down below! (sorry the pictures are so big :look:) I'm so excited! I'm not quite where I want to be yet, but I've come such a LONG way! :yay:

Hairpics110.jpg

Hairpics045.jpg

Hairpics011-edit.jpg

91310.jpg

Can I say how thick your hair looks?! WOW! How do you wear your hair now? I am going to be 2 months post tomorrow. I need inspiration on how to style my hair the healthy way. I tried doing two strand twists with gel and my hair looked good when I did it, but it did not stay.:nono: I don't have enough texture yet.:ohwell:

Thank you ladies!! :D

I appreciate the support.

Can I say how thick your hair looks?! WOW! How do you wear your hair now? I am going to be 2 months post tomorrow. I need inspiration on how to style my hair the healthy way. I tried doing two strand twists with gel and my hair looked good when I did it, but it did not stay.:nono: I don't have enough texture yet.:ohwell:

Hey DD, thanks! :) My hair may LOOK thick, but it's really not. It's really naturally very fine-textured. It's very soft and straightens very easily. That's one of the reasons why I decided to stop w/the relaxers and go natural. My hair just can't take the chemicals anymore. :nono: But at least in it's natural state it looks thicker than it does straight or w/relaxer in it. So yeah, my roots are definitely a LOT thicker than my relaxed ends.

In answer to your question:

Honestly, for the first 3 or 4 months I really didn't do anything that special to my hair. When I was getting relaxers I would wait 3 months anyway to get a touchup, so even at 4 months post I was still getting rollersets by my usual stylist.

By 5 months post I started having more difficulty in hiding the textures and minimizing tangles, so I quite wearing my hair down and started wearing my hair pulled back in a hair bun.

By about 5 or 6 months post I had my cousin put micro braids in my hair, and I wore them in for almost 2 months. When I took them out, I washed, deeeeep conditioned, and started twisting my hair underneath and wore wigs for about 2 weeks straight.

Just yesterday I got my hair blow-dried and flat-ironed so that I could get a MUCH-needed trim (my hair hasn't been trimmed since February! :look: ), so my hair is SUPER DUPER straight right now. I'm hoping my hair can stay this way for at least a week or two.

After wards, I will more than likely continue to wear twistouts, or just twist my hair up. I plan on BC'ing pretty soon. If not late September, then early October. I'm really getting tired of my relaxed hair on the ends.

The main important thing that I've learned during my transition journey is that my natural hair LOVES moisture! I do a co-wash twice a week, and sometimes I go 2 weeks w/out shampooing. Shampoo tends to dry my natural curls out so I've noticed. :look: But after 2 co-washes during the week, my curls look better and FEEL happy. :grin:

I hope this helps and answers any questions you may have. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

I wish you well on your transition!

You've got really good growth for 7months. Your new growth looks lovely and soft.

Thank you!

Yes, it IS soft... Sometimes TOO soft! LOL! :lol: My hair is just naturally very soft. It runs in my family I guess. I just have to do what works for my hair type. One thing about going natural is that I'm starting to FINALLY learn about and appreciate my REAL natural hair that grows out of my scalp. It's a learning process, but I'm appreciating my unique hair so much! I love my little curlies! :love: Now I wonder why I ever got relaxers in the first place. :look:

Back