LADIES BETWEEN SL & APL.... How far are you from APL?

ceebee3

When you all say "full" does that mean every hair on your head touches or exceeds the measurement?

I think I'll probably be BSL or midback before I'm full APL.:ohwell:

lawyer2be371

I have the slightest idea back in April it was like 4 inches havent done a length check since then...I do have lol arm pits and I have been chasing APL since 01/2008 I believe but then again I have had some set backs my fault though....I will be doing a length check for my birthday on 02/18/2010

jayjaycurlz

I did reach APL at my last touch-up in August but my scissor-happy hairdresser 'trimmed' 1.5 inches off to 'even me up 'cuz my ends were bad'. :wallbash: Even though I asked her not to trim my hair as I wanted length and not neatness. I wear my hair in wash n' gos so a blunt cut does nothing for me except look cute after the 3 times a year I go for a touch-up.

So, I'm hoping to be APL stretched at least by February and full APL unstretched by the end of the year. I plan to do less WnGs next year and more protective styling to help me achieve this goal.

skegeesmb

Hmm probably 6 months away. I keep cutting my layers. I would have been apl in some places a while ago. Hopefully 6 months will have me there.

goodmorningruby

I'm like 4.5"-5" away. Not too sure. I might even be closer than I think. I'll know when I get my touch up in January. I'll probably get to APL sometime next year. I'm really focusing on health right now, not length, so it may not be until next summer or fall that I'll be arm pit length. I'm cool with that.

lollyoo

My hair is in layers, just cut off 1in of split ends. Going by the longest layer which is currently collar bone length, that makes 2.5inches till APL.
I am tired of trying to get to APL, my hair is now in braids and I am protective styling in braids till end of June 2010. Hopefully that will get me to APL with trims.

Christelyn

Funny, I just wrote a post about this. I believe the longest part of my layers is very close to APL, but because of the layers, it will take a long time for me to fully claim with confidence. Here's a pic I just took today:

Attachments

• APL!.jpg
    APL!.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 14

moonglowdiva

My pic below was taken in Oct. 09 and I needed about 3 inches. I just relaxed my hair tonight. I guess 2 inches now.

Mattie26

I'd say I have 3.5" to 4" before I can claim it. I just made CBL. :look:
It took me 4 months to get from just below SL 1st frame to the second frame so I'm guessing about 6 months giving time for setbacks if needed. So June 2010.

Last edited:

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
I'm gonna check on wednesday or thursday whether I made APL, I'm taking my threads out then.

wish4length

I don't honestly know. I just got a trim near the holiday and wont be getting a touch up until the 18th, but I do know APL feels like its so far away I need to give up!

jwhitley6

I feel like I've been 2 inches away forever!! What's crazy is that I cut my bangs to my eyebrows in Feb and they are now down to my chin (approx 5" in growth!)...the hair in the back of my head looks exactly the same. I don't know why retention is so hard for me back there!! :cry:

MilaXs3

Back in October I thought I would be APL by the end of December 09...but I didn't make it :nono:...my progress is below in my siggie...my longest strand is there, but I don't think I can claim it just yet...:wallbash: maybe ill be there at my next relaxer in February...

jayjaycurlz

I'm about 2" away from APL. I'm on a PS/HYH mission until my next BKT/length check. Gotta protect those ends this winter!

naturalmanenyc

I'm 1.5 inches away from APL and my hair grows just under .5 inches per month. I expect to be at APL by April 2010.

I may have to trim though since my hair seems to be growing in a weird shape, not the normal V.

yardyspice

I had my husband measure my hair and he said I am 1/4 inch from APL but I think he's wrong because according to my calculations I won't see APL until March. My cousin is coming over to measure me so l'll know for sure. More than likely he is being kind because that would mean 2 inches in 2 months and that's crazy talk for me :-(

MelodicVessel

I am 3 inches away from APL. I cut off that stupid tail in my siggy. The very back of my hair was longer than the rest and I had some damage from highlighting that I have been slowly trimming off of the rest of it.

Since I was tryna be cute over the holidays, I was wearing my hair out a lot more and the more I see it, the more I wanna cut it and make it even or blunt or whatever... any old excuse to snip. I'm a recovering scissorhappyologist!

I'm back on track now and I'ma be APL before July 2010 fo shizzle (I don't even say that IRL! Aah... the wonders of semi-anonymous ecommunication...)

caramelma

I have been SL for a long time now I have 7 months for my 2year Anniversary and I hope to be full APL and close to BSL

LaToya28

I am two inches away, but I just made SL in September. My goal is to be APL by May and I'm pretty confident that I'll make it.