Lace Frontal vs Closure

trinidarkie1

Hey LHCF!
I'm transitioning and I've been wearing a lace front or a regular wig for the last 6 months and in between previous stretches.
This week I'm going to get a full weave sewn in and would like to experiment with a closure or lace frontal.
My weaves normally part down the middle but since I'm not leaving any hair out, I'm thinking of weaving straight back and using a frontal, or doing a bang and putting a closure in.

Do any of you use either and what has been your experience?
Are closures easier to find, in a BSS etc. or can I also easily get a Lace Frontal piece from a BSS or would it need to be ordered as well.

My lace wig has turned out to be too much work and doesn't look as natural as I would have liked, so I'm most likely going to give it a rest and order a custom unit. But until then, I'd like to get the full sewn in weave.

Please advise.

I have no experience with either product, however I have seen loads of tutorials on closure applications on youtube, even some self made closures incase you cannot find any closure pieces where you live.

I have seen both the lace fronts and closures in my BSS. I'm in Cali.

I have been wanting to try the self made closures. Im doing my first fullhead weave myself and need to learn.

Good luck, hope that helped a lil.

I have no experience with lace frontals but the weave forum on BHM has a lot of info on them.

No personal experience- my friend wears full sew-ins & closures are hard to find is some areas, but you can just ask the person who is doing your hair. They should know where to find them.

bumping for ya!

I visited the BSS last night and viewed the closures that they had available.
They also had Lace Fronts on sale, some for as cheap as $70.

Anyhoo... I didn't get the closure, they all had blended colors and I wanted one color, and the other closures were clip ins and they too had blended colors and a bang. I don't like bangs.

Back