Korean BSS Topic Agains: Black-owned Entrepreneur Interviews

True or not but I think it's important for you to know that at the end of the day whether you or I like it or not ( I do) we're on 'team black america' and the only group of people who will truly have your best interest at heart...are that same team.

Just thought you should know that :lol:

thing is you gotta watch out for the people who think they are Team Black America but come in with swift, slick sh!t like 'blacks are lazy...' :nono:

my people are enslaved...:nono:

you are kidding right? no? :yawn:

:dead: i have to go to sleep. you are just so ridiculous and are missing the point.

eta: this will help
images

Have a nap. I've been shopping at black owned BSS forever. Whoever said they aren't plenty, hasn't been to many. They ALL FAIL because the don't know their own industry!! Rule #1 of a BSS. DON'T RUN OUT OF JAM. If I go to a BSS and they're out of Shampoo, I'm outta there. It's useless. Have a nap and dream about a black BSS who opens on time and runs their business well.

Tempura is a Japanese dish and not a staple in Chinese cuisine. The will never be out of rice. Black restaurants out of collards, beef patties, chana... What the f... How are you running a business and you don't have the basics?! It's 1pm and the mac n cheese not ready? Get it together! I'm NOT mad at Jews (Hasidic or Orthodox) or Asians or anybody else willing to work harder/smarter for the dollar than the black man. Barack Obama is President and we can't even run a simple BSS...disgraceful...

What does a restaurant, where cheese and butter and pasta is not being blocked from the owners from buying, have to do with a bss where the products are being blocked from buying? How are these two examples even related to each other? :look:

All black people are not lazy and unwilling to work hard for a living. I'm insulted by your posts.

Last edited:
^^^^

i wanted to add about 50 more thanks but can only done one so it will have to suffice.

want to get outraged some more???

going to dig deeper.....excuse me.

what group runs a large control over the diamond districts??

now where do diamonds come from?? and who got killed for said diamonds??

you damn right im mad.

this type of stuff runs way deeper than just the bss.

Who is killing the people being killed over the diamonds and SELLING them to the groups with large control over diamond districts?

I'm mad, too.:yep:

I make it a point to support the black owned shop in my area. They have great customer service and have had everything I need.

Sent from my DROID3 using DROID3

I'm confused. Is Barack secretly part of the Korean mob keeping beauty supplies on lock?:perplexed Your "logic" is confusing.

It's easy to have rice available 24/7 when you can buy it at Walmart or 7-11. However, it is pretty easy for a Black owned BSS to run out of products since the Koreans have the industry on lock such that manufacturers and distributors will not readily sell to a Black owned BSS.

Working harder/smarter in my mind does not equate to extortionist tactics i.e., don't sell products to that Black owned BSS or me and my 30 other Korean owned BSS will no longer buy from you.

Tempura is a Japanese dish and not a staple in Chinese cuisine. The will never be out of rice. Black restaurants out of collards, beef patties, chana... What the f... How are you running a business and you don't have the basics?! It's 1pm and the mac n cheese not ready? Get it together! I'm NOT mad at Jews (Hasidic or Orthodox) or Asians or anybody else willing to work harder/smarter for the dollar than the black man. Barack Obama is President and we can't even run a simple BSS...disgraceful...

thank you for trying to bring the thread back on topic... we were doing so well with planning our boycott. SmilingElephant

And we STILL will!:yep: Shoooo i'm heated about this.

And i here JeterCrazed 's frustrations...but thats the very thing we're talkin about love...we have to change that mentality about how we think about our OWN...just STOP it.

Bc there are ppl ruling an industry that have NOTHING to do with them and they are EXPLOITING us! US!!! I was like 14 yrs old when i went off on that Asian man bout my Mama....and it takes alot for me to get that angry. That's exploitation yo....and they think its funny!!! They LAUGH at us!

Don't get me started...i just moved back to Orlando from a town that has more racism than i had ever experienced....i go to school with an asian boy that i have to hold my hands in my pockets so i don't slap him for his racist remarks about Blacks and fried chicken....i'm fightin stereotypes...not just for me...but for ya'll!

I know a lot of "US" have this thing where we really don't seem to care about nobody else...but THAT RIGHT THERE is the problem...we don't care about US. So lets join together...reach out to who we are gonna reach out to..and let's do this boycott ya'll!

[USER=45347 said:
SmilingElephant[/USER] ;14532551]Okay...so i just tweeted StrawberriCurls about our idea on twitter...she usually does the natural hair chats on there every Sunday...i hope she sees this thread:) so between now and next sunday....we need to have our message together, facts, statistics even:yep:...as well as a hashtag for Twitter...i like #StoptheBss tho...that's real! And we need a page for FaceBook...i don't have a FB.

We need to tell people what is going on, what we need to do about it, and how to cope with the change (etc. find alternatives).

how do you feel about NaturallyCurly.com/Curlmart ?

What does a restaurant, where cheese and butter and pasta is not being blocked from the owners from buying, have to do with a bss where the products are being blocked from buying? How are these two examples even related to each other? :look:

All black people are not lazy and unwilling to work hard for a living. I'm insulted by your posts.

I know how this industry works. If you don't have a credit account with a distributor, you MUST pay cash/money order etc. They are not being blocked from buying from certain distributors. They open accounts based on VOLUME. The issue is NOT race!! Black BSS want to buy 1 box and get the same price as somebody buying 10 boxes! If you want a Centurion Amex, you have to spend $250k annually. If other people find out you're offering for less, they're gonna get pissed! They're gonna start demanding price cuts. There are rivals in that business. Ask any Korean BSS owner in NJ about Macy beauty supply. Koreans want to kill her (I have heard them say they want to burn her store down) because she made a deal with distributors that even other Koreans CAN'T COMPETE WITH. The accounts are about who can create a constant flow of cash moving to the distributor. Certain products are not to be sold within certain distances of each other because of the manufacturer's price control. Bohem hair is sold at Macy Beauty in Newark. NO OTHER BSS within a certain distance of Macy can get Bohem. Sure, Korean's only sell to each other that's between them. But distributors sell to whoever is gonna pay up. Other distributors exist!! They can't call talkin bout no $100 order. You have to build relationships with distributors. I know black people who have done it and they are the selected few who have been in business long term. They open on time. They have staple products on hand. If you can't keep rice, then what kind of Chinese store are you running? Of course you can't expect to cut a deal straight from the manufacturer on $100, but you have to get your product from somewhere otherwise, you're not running your business. Period. I don't care if you're selling rice or rollers.

ETA: The word "lazy" never crossed my keyboard. If you think you can retain customer by offering what you want when you want, you're misunderstood.

Last edited:
I know how this industry works. If you don't have a credit account with a distributor, you MUST pay cash/money order etc. They are not being blocked from buying from certain distributors. They open accounts based on VOLUME. The issue is NOT race!! Black BSS want to buy 1 box and get the same price as somebody buying 10 boxes! If you want a Centurion Amex, you have to spend $250k annually. If other people find out you're offering for less, they're gonna get pissed! They're gonna start demanding price cuts. There are rivals in that business. As any Korean BSS owner about Macy beauty supply. Koreans want to kill her (I have heard them say they want to burn her store down) because she made a deal with distributors that even other Koreans CAN'T COMPETE WITH. The accounts are about who can create a constant flow of cash moving to the distributor. Certain products are not to be sold within certain distances of each other because of the manufacturer's price control. Bohem hair is sold at Macy Beauty in Newark. NO OTHER BSS within a certain distance of Macy can get Bohem. Sure, Korean's only sell to each other that's between them. But distributors sell to whoever is gonna pay up. Other distributors exist!! They can't call talkin bout no $100 order. You have to build relationships with distributors. I know black people who have done it and they are the selected few who have been in business long term. They open on time. They have staple products on hand. If you can't keep rice, then what kind of Chinese store are you running? Of course you can't expect to cut a deal straight from the manufacturer on $100, but you have to get your product from somewhere otherwise, you're not running your business. Period. I don't care if you're selling rice or rollers.

So how bout we contact them....and see if we can get them to somehow share their business skills with other Black BSS owners:yep:

I'm confused. Is Barack secretly part of the Korean mob keeping beauty supplies on lock?:perplexed Your "logic" is confusing.

It's easy to have rice available 24/7 when you can buy it at Walmart or 7-11. However, it is pretty easy for a Black owned BSS to run out of products since the Koreans have the industry on lock such that manufacturers and distributors will not readily sell to a Black owned BSS.

Working harder/smarter in my mind does not equate to extortionist tactics i.e., don't sell products to that Black owned BSS or me and my 30 other Korean owned BSS will no longer buy from you.

They're not buying it at Walmart. That's the point. So Koreans are only a threat to Black businesses? I don't hear White BSS complaining...

Okay, uh, aren't we supposed to be coming together right now?

Did I really just read arguments over some dessert and rice? Really? :lol:

Let's get back on topic, please.

What will our twitter hashtag be? So far, our choices are:

#StopTheBSS

and

#OccupyBlackHair

Anyone have anymore suggestions?

Unethical practices are not what I call business savy.

what i'm saying is that we need to get rid of this sense of entitlement. They are not going to sell to us if they don't want to,.. so what are we going to do about it... we came up with protesting and yes that might work for a while, but in 5 years it could all go back to the starting situation. The reason being is because you are trying to force a Producer, to abide by the wants of a secondary supplier and a customer. Basic economics teaches of supply (primary) and demand. If the demand of a product stays constant (and realistically it will over the long term), who has the control?

Unless we want to forever be hanging on to someone elses shoe strings we need to become the producer. When you are the producer you don't have to worry about "how long before the other party changes his mind".

Lets think global and lets analyze how a country handles situations like these. Look at the Oil situation. The US has been very dependent on oil, however we are not the major producers of oil. Other countries who are the major producers set the price for oil. When it goes down,.. the stock market flourishes,.. when prices go up... everyone gets nervous. The US also plays kiss a$$ to these countries so as not to upset them.

US Solution (still a work in progress)
- Going Green.
- Self producing alternative energy sources

they sell the idea as something for the environment but to washington, its something for the budget.

They mandate city busses to run off of compressed natural gas,.. now going towards hybrid. tax breaks on hybrid cars

Places like NJ have big solar energy project

increase in wind-mill energy

Paying people to change out their oil furnaces

big tax breaks for businesses who use renewable energy

millions given to research on alternatives to gas

not so green... searching for oil in Alaska and down south

--------------------
Black businesses or the community in general obviously doesnt have the kind of capital that the US government does but we can learn from their principles. Be independent. Its not a bad thing to expose shameful practices, but the only long term solution is to be the producer. Don't waste too much energy trying to force someone else to do something for you.

:thud: and i suppose koreans having their product pamphlets in ALL KOREAN, literally refusing to sell to black vendors (not because of volume but because they ARE NOT KOREAN) is just....... what? Coincidence? maam, read the OP, and let me find some youtube videos and what not that explain the issue clearly and slowly cause you are not getting it.

tumblr_lq6avim9xm1qmaa4ro1_250.gif

tumblr_lq4fffLI4A1qmaa4ro1_250.gif

Here's my thing...we can barely come together on issues that go beyond hair. Hell we have Hasidic Jewish folks taking over our neighborhoods trying to push us out and make us conform to THEIR beliefs.....

Hell I remember trying to speak on this and everyone suddenly got deaf. I thought about making a video about avoiding Asian owned BSS stores but how the hell do they get into our neighborhoods in the first place?? Did we ever come around to see who was buying up what property?? And then did we decide SCREW THAT not in our neighborhood let's come together and have our own black owned something or another....

NO.

Don't get me started, this is one area that pisses me off to no extent and to get to the root of it all seems to be a special process.

We have a long....LONG ways to go...

But hell if we're all going to be gung ho about this dammit come strong or don't come at all.

Oh crap, I don't think I was around when you posted about that (or I missed the thread). I guess being on the West Coast, I know that most of the BSS owners lease their buildings. Very few actually own it.

Also how can we get flared up about Asians buying or even leasing property when we're not prepared to buy or lease anything ourselves? Most of the African Americans in the communities I lived in the Bay Area and now in Portland are being PUSHED out into the 'burbs because they can no longer afford to stay in the gentrified cities.

So how bout we contact them....and see if we can get them to somehow share their business skills with other Black BSS owners:yep:

You can call Jimmy Owner of Clinton Hill Beauty supply and CEO and Manufacturer of Mylon Hair Care Products

497 Clinton Avenue
Newark, NJ 07103
973 624 6566

And

A black owned hair enterprise called Cut Creators. Mayor Corey Booker get's his hair cut here. (shaved, I should say:look:) They also have Beauty supply, dollar stores, beauty parlor, etc...

47 Halsey St,
Newark, NJ.
973-732-2212

Razac is also in Newark.

25 Brenner Street
Newark, NJ 07108-1610
(973) 622-3700

Last edited:
When you say "stop waiting for someone to do it for you"....where are you seeing that?

I don't see ppl saying anything about doing anything for us....if anything we're (i THOUGHT) were talking about different ways to be able to take back our own haircare industry into our hands as a community...ourselves.

I asked earlier about how would we go about finding our own source just like the Koreans have their own source.

I asked how can WE get weave ourselves without the Koreans being involved.

How can we get these successful practices of Black BSS owners across the country? Can seminars be held?

I don't see how we're looking for anyone to do anything for us. I'm SICK of ppl doing things for us...bc in reality...they're not:nono:

Lets focus on ideas......:yep: Focus on ideas, make a plan...find the solution.

When you say "stop waiting for someone to do it for you"....where are you seeing that?

I don't see ppl saying anything about doing anything for us....if anything we're (i THOUGHT) were talking about different ways to be able to take back our own haircare industry into our hands as a community...ourselves.

I asked earlier about how would we go about finding our own source just like the Koreans have their own source.

I asked how can WE get weave ourselves without the Koreans being involved.

How can we get these successful practices of Black BSS owners across the country? Can seminars be held?

I don't see how we're looking for anyone to do anything for us. I'm SICK of ppl doing things for us...bc in reality...they're not:nono:

Lets focus on ideas......:yep: Focus on ideas, make a plan...find the solution.

there is already a BOBSA

http://www.bobsa.org/

watch that documentary, maybe take a sociology class.... then get back to me.

I've taken plenty of classes in Public Policy, Social behaviors, ethics...at the Graduate Level. Take a Data Mining class and maybe attend some lectures on the Supply Chain and Logistics Management and then maybe you'll get 10%.
:lachen:

You can call Jimmy Owner of Clinton Hill Beauty supply and CEO and Manufacturer of Mylon Hair Care Products

497 Clinton Avenue
Newark, NJ 07103
973 624 6566

And

A black owned hair enterprise called Cut Creators. Mayor Corey Booker get's his hair cut here. (shaved, I should say:look:) They also have Beauty supply, dollar stores, beauty parlor, etc...

47 Halsey St,
Newark, NJ.
973-732-2212

Razac is also in Newark.

25 Brenner Street
Newark, NJ 07108-1610
(973) 622-3700

NOW we're gettin somewhere.....

Now what we need to do....is find more Black owned BSS's and get them and these ppl to correspond with each other on how to improve their skills...but we still need to contact companies, distributors, etc...we need to connect the whole machine together to get it up and running.

:thud: and i suppose koreans having their product pamphlets in ALL KOREAN, literally refusing to sell to black vendors (not because of volume but because they ARE NOT KOREAN) is just....... what? Coincidence? maam, read the OP, and let me find some youtube videos and what not that explain the issue clearly and slowly cause you are not getting it.

and why NOT have it in all korean?? there's that entitlement thing I'm talking about. Only Americans and english speaking countires wholeheartedly believe that English is the language of the world. If you want something that I got and I've worked hard to put myself in the position where your patronage doesn't really matter to me... why must I cater to you. If you want it bad enough... learn korean. Pay a korean translator $500 to help initiate your business ties with this new company. Other industries do it all the time. My friend, a black girl, learned Japanese and majored in foreign relations/linguistics. Now she works for other businesses as a translator. Even in nursing I applied for so many city jobs and the first question was "do you speak spanish"... no spanish,.. no job.

Even in small business, nothing gets handed to you unless you are willing to pay a STEEP price. scratch "small business", and make that life.

I've taken plenty of classes in Public Policy, Social behaviors, ethics...at the Graduate Level. Take a Data Mining class and maybe attend some lectures on the Supply Chain and Logistics Management and then maybe you'll get 10%.
:lachen:

well thats disturbing because even with all that you are unable to do some critical thinking. lesigh.

and why NOT have it in all korean?? there's that entitlement thing I'm talking about. Only Americans and english speaking countires wholeheartedly believe that English is the language of the world. If you want something that I got and I've worked hard to put myself in the position where your patronage doesn't really matter to me... why must I cater to you. If you want it bad enough... learn korean. Pay a korean translator $500 to help initiate your business ties with this new company. Other industries do it all the time. My friend, a black girl, learned Japanese and majored in foreign relations/linguistics. Now she works for other businesses as a translator. Even in nursing I applied for so many city jobs and the first question was "do you speak spanish"... no spanish,.. no job.

Even in small business, nothing gets handed to you unless you are willing to pay a STEEP price. scratch "small business", and make that life.

meh, my point is that they are not trying to work with us. BUT we shouldnt want them to. The whole point of this thread is NOT to make the Asians work with us but to become COMPLETELY independent.

Back