July 23rd, 24th and 25th - What R Your Hair Plans ??

On Friday, I'm doing a touchup...at only 8 weeks. I usually go to at least 13 weeks, but I have some serious new growth right now, that even the silk scarf/aloe vera gel/castor oil can't lay down my edges. I must be experiencing a summer growth spurt, which is certainly welcomed. I recently increased the intensity of my workouts, which makes me sweat more, and that leads to faster growth for me as well.

If this growth rate keeps up, I might have to become a regular 8-weeker with my touchups...I'll see. Thank God, I'm a DIYer!

Saturday i will be Relaxing my hair its a jungle up there i am only 9 wks i usually relax @ 12 wks but i cant take it anymore.

Love both of ya'lls hair, can't wait till I'm that length. :grin:

Tonight:
Co wash with Organix mocha espresso
Giovanni leave in & coconut oil
Megatek/JCBO on scalp
Cornrow hair with Shea butter. I'm in my half wig for the weekend.
Air dry to 75% then

Saturday i will be Relaxing my hair its a jungle up there i am only 9 wks i usually relax @ 12 wks but i cant take it anymore.

I hear ya, Toy! Looks like you and I are in the same boat. Now, all I need is your length, and I'll be a happy camper. Your hair is beautiful!

Today I went to a salon. I white man with tats and piercings did my hair. He specializes in relaxers. I just went in for a wash and style. OOOOOOOhhhh myyyyyyyyy gosshhhhhhhhhh! He flatironed my hair and 3+ months of new growth. He allowed me to FACE the mirror while he did everything. Then he trimmed my hair....all while facing the mirror. He showed me how much he was going to cut. Then he showed me the amount that he did cut. He layered my hair. My hair is gorgeous. I told him that I'd be back and that I was telling my sister.

Right now I have 1 egg mixed with olive oil in my hair - then I will use a Anita Grant shampoo bar - followed up with Nature's Gate Aloe conditioner with a bit of Hemp Seed oil mixed in. I'm trying to stop some breakage thinking hair needed a bit of protein. Hope this works out!

Friday: baggy with diluted VO5 passion fruit and grape seed oil.

Saturday: Shampoo w Loreal ever pure sulfate free moisturizing shampoo and DC overnight. Aussie moist 3 min miracle and Nexxus humectress moisturizing deep conditioning treatment.

Sunday: rinse out DC, apply leave ins, seal with sweet almond oil and airdry!

Tonight: Twist and then bantu knot it.

Tomorrow : IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! I'm going to be wearing a bantu twist out. & getting WASTED like the white boys... :cheers:

Sunday: I'm going camping so I'll probably throw it in a ponytail.

I hear ya, Toy! Looks like you and I are in the same boat. Now, all I need is your length, and I'll be a happy camper. Your hair is beautiful!

Thank you Your hair is beautiful also I Love the styles you do with your hair.

Last edited:
bumping.....................

*doing the bump* LOL :grin:

I promised myself no rollersetting until next Friday. I haven't straightened my hair since July 9th. I'm trying to use less heat. I'm heading to Orlando, FL next week and I'm not sure how intelligent it will be to rollerset my hair when its like 100 down there and high humidity.

This weekend I'm thinking of doing a henna treatment. I might dye my roots first since the henna won't allow color to take.

I am also going to make a deep conditioner from scratch and do a nice 3 hour treatment tomorrow (Sunday) after I come back from the beach.

I flat ironed my hair last week, It still looks ok. Think I'm going to do a braid out for hte weekend today and where it like that for the week with rebraiding at night.

Shampooed with Aphogee for damaged hair
Aphogee 2 step in preparation for my relaxer.
Steamed with Moisturefuse
Final rinse with Roux Porosity Control
Added Aphogee leave in and green tea
Air dried with S-curl mixed the Skala G3 leave in, Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner, and Coconut oil.
Tied hair down with a satin scarf

Last edited:
Back