ITS TRU MTG CAN CAUSE A BAD ADVERSE

paige1012

OK LADIES I REALLY DIDNT WANT TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS BECAUSE IT IS SUCH AN EMBARRASSMENTAND FUNNY AFTERWARDS LOL!! Well i have been using MTG since summer 05. i was basically using it on my edges.Because during the spring i had gotten some micro braids which broke my edges off. my edges were terribly broken off at the nape of my neck (in the back) but my hair is long enough to cover the damage. Once i started using MTG my edges grew back very nicely (yes they were a mess i couldnt wear my hair pulled back in a pony tail) the nape of my hair just wouldnt grow back or maybe when i did started getting new growth back there and would perm my hair (after my stretch or course) it would break off so i started to use Mtg on the nape area twice a day everyday.. Huge mistake:lachen: i was at work & my neck was burning. once i got home i put all sorts of medication on my neck to soothe the burning sensation. Later i got a mirror to look back there to see wth was going on & my neck was so red and bruised up it was an awful thang.lol!! Sooo as of now whenever i do get a touch up i do not perm back there. i will let grow as much new growth as possible b4 i do. So ladies please use MTG as directed and dont use too much of it because its so oily and it will run down your neck lol!! Just thought i'd share this horrible expericence with yall.. Last but not least dont be so anxious and overdoing it. The product does work if used properly.

I'm sorry to hear that! :(

When MTG was first raved about last year I hurried to the nearest horse supply store (which was 20 miles away!!) and picked up a bottle. Two weeks later my neck was covered w/ bumps and a white rash :mad:! <--- Yeah it sounds disgusting, but I'm content w/ growing my hair out w/o any enhancers/growth promoters!

well now that the ordeal is over i am laughing because i knew what i was doing was a big NO NO. I was just so anxious for my edges to quickly grow back.. Also each time i applied Mtg more than i was supposed to use, i would hear the words "it can lead to a bad adverse" someone stated that fact in a thread awhile ago. Now if it was somthing that i didnt do wrong and a product just simply failed trust me i wouldnt be laughing. :eek:

I haven't had any problems. Perhaps it's the application method? I use a color applicator bottle which limits the amount of MTG so it doesnt end up running down my neck. A little goes a long way.

Always, I mean ALWAYS do a patch test with stuff like MTG.

It works great for me, but my friend tried to use it...turns out she's highly allergic to sulfur, and broke out in a horrible rash all over her head.

I know MTG is the truth...just be careful everyone! :)

that's not funny :(

My opinion is that if you have ANY negative reaction AT ALL you shouldn't be using the stuff.

so1913 said:
that's not funny :(

My opinion is that if you have ANY negative reaction AT ALL you shouldn't be using the stuff.
I agree to the extent that if you are experiencing side effects such as burning, rashes and soreness, then you shouldn't use it. Itching due it irritation should be grounds for halting of use.

I experienced itching while using mtg, and it was because my hair was growing. my scalp was not red, irritated, sore or anything. I got some on my skin, and didn't experience irritation.

If someone wants to use a product despite its effects, that's their perogative: I'm going to assume that most of us here know how much pain, discomfort, or whatever we can handle.

Relaxers have the potential to jack a person's head up, but how many of us still use those?

The key is to use products as directed, and use common sense.

thank you for saying that because I was about to purchase some but I am allergic to sulfer/sulfa so that would have been a mess...thanks for the warning!

My sister took the plunge and purchased some MTG to help with her alopecia, but she used too much and it irritated her ears. They were very scaly and ashy...I am just too scared to use this stuff, but it is really working for her. She has fuzz growing in her bald spots.

thickness said:
My sister took the plunge and purchased some MTG to help with her alopecia, but she used too much and it irritated her ears. They were very scaly and ashy...I am just too scared to use this stuff, but it is really working for her. She has fuzz growing in her bald spots.

wow, i thought alopecia was a permanent condition. your sis must be very pleased.

I am glad I never had a prob with MTG. Sometimes a bad reaction can be caused if you're allergic to sulfur. I'm sorry this happened to you.:ohwell:

ladylibra_30 said:
wow, i thought alopecia was a permanent condition. your sis must be very pleased.

I don't think hers is permanent. She has had two small bald spots for the past several years. I have not used MTG, but I suggested it to her. Nothing else has worked for her. She's been using it for about a month with good results.

What a pity...
I havent had any bad reaction....but i always make sure that i wipe off any excess lotion,oil, cream etc from the edges of my hair,neck etc!...(due to my spots/blemishes)...so u have to be careful!

Back