Is there a Challenge out there for regular Heat Users?

dicapr

There are alot of challenges out there that limit the amount of heat used. I am looking for a challenge that gives you the option to use heat weekly or biweekly. I would like to see how much length I can retain using heat and protective styling.

I have not seen any. But, I use heat weekly to flatiron after I airdry and my hair is doing well. I am sure I will be able to cut that out as I get longer, but for now - everytime I use NO heat, I get tangles and breakage since I wear my hair down. (tried it last weekend :nono:)

I guess we need to start one, huh. :)

dicapr said:
There are alot of challenges out there that limit the amount of heat used. I am looking for a challenge that gives you the option to use heat weekly or biweekly. I would like to see how much length I can retain using heat and protective styling.

Sorry, I wanted to just walk out and let it be, but I just can't. I don't think using heat biweekly is a good idea AT ALL.

At All. :nono:

LocksOfLuV said:
Sorry, I wanted to just walk out and let it be, but I just can't. I don't think using heat biweekly is a good idea AT ALL.

At All. :nono:

When I was relaxed, it wasn't. I did this for years when I was natural and had thick APL hair. Now that I am natural again, I'm going back to what works. I've been doing the water wave thing and all I am seeing is breakage.

dicapr said:
Sounds good to me.

I see that your are transisitoning, but I am pretty much doing Cathy Howse's method except I don't always wash every 3-4 days. Actually for some time now I have been just doing it weekly.

I have been trimming, quite a bit, unlike Cathy, so that I can grow out layers. I am not sure it is quite time for me to give up that. I will know when I relax the next time.

But, we could use her method from her 1st book as a challenge, but I really am not sure about the no-trims thing, at least not now for me.

I agree with LOL, though - bi-weekly heat is too much. But, I find my method of weekly shampooing, conditioning, airdrying and flatironing to be very good in preventing dryness and breakage. Finding the right leave in was the trick for me. I don't use heat on other days.

dicapr said:
When I was relaxed, it wasn't. I did this for years when I was natural and had thick APL hair. Now that I am natural again, I'm going back to what works. I've been doing the water wave thing and all I am seeing is breakage.

Okay. Good luck mama. I hope it works out for you. I just didn't feel right if I didn't say something ya know. Anyways, you sound like you know what you are doing.

dicapr said:

Since you are natural, I am sure we have different needs and regimen. I did not realize that from your 1st post. I guess I should have looked at your siggie. :)

I'm relaxed and have been using heat biweekly for about 5 months now. My hair is a mess when air dried and takes hours to dry on top of that. So, I do what works for me, and that's flat ironing it every 2 weeks.

Mars_Reiko said:
I'm relaxed and have been using heat biweekly for about 5 months now. My hair is a mess when air dried and takes hours to dry on top of that. So, I do what works for me, and that's flat ironing it every 2 weeks.

And your hair looks very pretty!!

You know, every month my hair is taking longer and longer to airdry. :look: :perplexed

I am going to have to come up with some different options. Right now it take about 2.5 hours and even then there are some damp sections. I cannot go any more than that. How do you dry your hair?

HoneyDew said:
And your hair looks very pretty!!

You know, every month my hair is taking longer and longer to airdry. :look: :perplexed

I am going to have to come up with some different options. Right now it take about 2.5 hours and even then there are some damp sections. I cannot go any more than that. How do you dry your hair?

If I want a straight look, I'll use a blow dryer and round brush, then go over it with a flat iron. This take a while for me because my arms get tired. So if I really don't feel like dealing with all of that, I'll rollerset it and sit under the dryer. The roller set surprisingly takes less time.

Mars_Reiko said:
If I want a straight look, I'll use a blow dryer and round brush, then go over it with a flat iron. This take a while for me because my arms get tired. So if I really don't feel like dealing with all of that, I'll rollerset it and sit under the dryer. The roller set surprisingly takes less time.

Girl, I went to your album to "check" on the condition of your hair and was so surprised. You have really inspired me to stretch and consider your regimen. I love how your hair has progressed. You really do a great job with the Flat iron on your new growth. Congrats girl. Sorry for hijacking thread.

SerenityBreeze said:
Girl, I went to your album to "check" on the condition of your hair and was so surprised. You have really inspired me to stretch and consider your regimen. I love how your hair has progressed. You really do a great job with the Flat iron on your new growth. Congrats girl. Sorry for hijacking thread.

I know I was thinking the same thing!!

Back