Is the ORS lye relaxer good for texlaxing?

SleepyJean

My mom wants to texlax her natural hair. I thought the ORS lye relaxer would be good, because she doesn't want it bone straight. She has fine 4a/b bsl hair, so we won't to get it right the first time. She wanted to use the regular. I suggested adding two tablespoons of olive oil. I guess we would leave it on the full time?

What else would you all suggest? I'd really appreciate some help.

:bump: ..............

I find it excellent. I used to use Phytospecific and I found it very difficult to control my results. I have now transitioned to texlaxed with ORS and the results are a lot better. I still have a very natural looking hair texture because of how slowly it processes. I am also very slow paced so this is very good for me. My ORS texlax can be seen in my signature btw.

Thank you so much for responding! Could I ask how long you leave it on? You use the lye verison right? My mom wants to do this ASAP, and she wants my help.

I leave it on for about 8-10 minutes. The 8 minute texlax leaves me with a denser curlier result than what I initially intended, but I prefer it for wash-and-gos.

My little sister leave it on for longer (15 minutes) and she gets more of a traditional texlax result. I took a leaf out of BettyBoo's leaf when texlaxing her.

Public Home | Betty-Boo | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy. - her results are identical to my little sister's and she leaves it on 15 minutes too.

Thats why I think ORS is excellent for texlaxing as its not a speedy wham-bam-bonestraight type of relaxer. I recommend doing a patch test for practice before you start.

I hope that helps. I remember seeing several texlaxers using it long ago, just check the texlax threads and you'll get some longer-haired testimonials lol, I've only been practicing a hhj 2 yrs lol.

ORS relaxer is a VERY good relaxer to texlax with....thats what i used when i was texlaxing....what i would do is get the regular/mild formula and add about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil to it....cover my ends with conditioner and then apply it and only let it sit for 5 minutes and then wash it out.

Back