Is it just me or....

Sui Topi

Are there an increased amount of naturals on here? I swear every time I come on here with in the first page of posts, at least 75% of them are concerning naturals (okay maybe not that much but still). This is no disrespect to the relaxed heads in here..infact, I have to shout out Foxie Roxie on her progress because I havent been on here for a long time, probably a little while after she joined, and since I came back, I saw her thread crying about the stylist cutting her hair off and when I saw the comparison pics I was so amazed......her hair looked so healthy and even...I dunno I wish a stylist could make my hair look like that by accident :yep:

Anyway, I think we should do our census again...it would be interesting to see how many took the plunge.

I did! My bc was March 26 and I cut it down to like 2.5 inches or so (I measured April 6th and thats where I was). Now I'm at 4.75 and I cant wait. I'm almost at my firsts goal, collar bone.

congrats on your bc
i do notice a lot more natural topics/posts and i'm glad for it. it keeps me motivated w/ my transition!

I think there are more naturals on the board and more people making the transition. I've been a member for the last few months and a lurker for a couple of years. I can see the change. I just think it reflects what's going on in society to a greater extent (at least in NYC). I see more and more naturals every day. I'm not sure if I notice them because I am one or just because there are more of them. Kinda like when you buy a blue car you notice how many other people have blue cars where before you hardly saw them.

Either way it's encouraging for me. Being natural aint always easy.

I have noticd a serious trend towards the natural side and I like it! I'm relaxed but I'm thinking :rolleyes: And it helps me think

your hair is more healthy bveing natural and less breakage,im a natural and i straighten my hair only a few times a year.:rolleyes:

i've noticed it too. gettin worried cause i like my relaxed hair... think i'm last of a dying breed...

I swear I have noticed this. And not only on the forums. I have been seeing an increasing number of naturals in life. It is amazing and beautiful. Even girls who wear weaves. I asked one girl who was wearing a weave, if she relaxed her hair. She said she did not, and she was natural. She also said she had no need to have one. Don't get me wrong, every now and then, I want to give in to a nice straighter look, but I think I am happy with what I am doing.

I swear I have noticed this. And not only on the forums. I have been seeing an increasing number of naturals in life. It is amazing and beautiful. Even girls who wear weaves. I asked one girl who was wearing a weave, if she relaxed her hair. She said she did not, and she was natural. She also said she had no need to have one. Don't get me wrong, every now and then, I want to give in to a nice straighter look, but I think I am happy with what I am doing.

I agree with this. If you're going to be wearing a weave and hiding your real hair anyway, there is no need for chemicals. This is how I ended up natural years ago. I was rocking braids and decided not to perm because no one could see my hair anyway. Next thing I knew it was years later and I still hadn't permed!:blush:

Perhaps you are right. I have not relaxed since the 2nd. to last week of March '08..I'm starting to love my natural new growth texture..who knows..I may..may just transition..I'll see how my current stretch works out. Coconut based conditioners and coconut oil may be the key to my possible transition..I'll see.

I have noticed it too :)

I think it's part of the trend towards a more natural/organic lifestyle and part of it may also be women's curiousity to try something new.

Either way, I welcome it with open arms.

I hope the forum will stay as open minded towards all types of black hair care as always :yep:

I have noticed it too :)

I think it's part of the trend towards a more natural/organic lifestyle and part of it may also be women's curiousity to try something new.

Either way, I welcome it with open arms.

I hope the forum will stay as open minded towards all types of black hair care as always :yep:

Ditto:yep:

I lurked here for over a year before posting actively and I've noticed more natural heads and more people transitioning. It's great to see people at least explore their true textures.

And contrary to what many may think, the majority of natural heads on this site are in it for the long haul. One thing about this site, you see the most variety of black hair here and this site is most tolerant of other people's views and ideas. It's very refreshing.

heheheh, the take over is almost complete... :assimilat

LOL

@OP
Yeh it's weird; I'd think there'd be more relaxed heads.:ohwell:

I see a lot of 'dred-head females in Fl.

I use the term 'cream crack' in my sig but--that's because I think it's hilarious. It doesn't make a diff to me what someone does so long as they do so responsibly.

Anyway I've lurked for a year and a half on LCHF--and honestly, I've seen gorgeous specimens from every hair type: 2-4c (and everything in between. Relaxed, texlaxed or natural.

I'm glad this site maintains this view and strives to be open-minded and tolerant.
I especially like that LCHF focuses on overall health and education.:yep:
Because THAT is the bottom line, imo.

Last edited:
LOL

@OP
Yeh it's weird; I'd think there'd be more relaxed heads.:ohwell:

I see a lot of 'dred-head females in Fl.

I use the term 'cream crack' in my sig but--that's because I think it's hilarious. It doesn't make a diff to me what someone does so long as they do so responsibly.

Anyway I've lurked for a year and a half on LCHF--and honestly, I've seen gorgeous specimens from every hair type: 2-4c (and everything in between. Relaxed, texlaxed or natural.

I'm glad this site maintains this view and strives to be open-minded and tolerant.
I especially like that LCHF focuses on overall health and education.:yep:
Because THAT is the bottom line, imo.

Thats what I love about LHCF too. I was checking out some other boards and the whole spirit...although its for a good cause I guess, like...its not a nice welcoming vibe like over here. We love every type of hair..even if its not your preference, people are still helpful and supportive. We have our beef and drama sometimes, but usually when it comes down to hair discussion, everyone is legit.

Back