Is anyone still baggying under there wigs or wraps?

Mattie26

Don't know if this has been asked and if it has I'm sorry. But is anyone still baggying under your wigs, wraps or phony ponies? Is anyone still baggying at all? I was doing it for about a month and loved how soft my hair was but then I've fell off for the last month and a half and yikes it's not cute under there:sad:. I live in Michigan so right now it's cold but I've been thinking about going back to baggying at night. Are there any suggestions for winter baggying? TIA

YES YES YES. I am yet to do wigs but hats and wraps... been doing this since I don't know when. Sometimes I use a cap; sometimes I use Saran Wrap. For every silk/satin scarf use there is out there, Nonie is using plastic.

I plan on going on a wrap/hat obsession in a few weeks and my hair will not see the light of day. I'll baggy 24/7.

Thanks Noni now 2 questions. 1. is it cold where you are and 2. when you do your wraps what do you use?

I use a 3x3 linen clothe over a stocking cap that is over my baggy. I just want to get somemore styling ideas too. Cause I'm so with you on the hair not seeing the light of day at least not until spring.:look:

Thanks Noni now 2 questions. 1. is it cold where you are and 2. when you do your wraps what do you use?

I use a 3x3 linen clothe over a stocking cap that is over my baggy. I just want to get some more styling ideas too. Cause I'm so with you on the hair not seeing the light of day at least not until spring.:look:

I'm in VA and it does get cold.

I use anything big enough to cover my head, coz I don't worry about the material since the baggy is protecting my hair from drying. As far as styling, styles are endless. I don't know how to do the beautiful West African wraps that my friend calls froufrou so I just do my own crazy things, which she also calls froufrou and has made me promise to never wear around her :giggle: . (Example) Or I just tie it like you would a bandana and then coz it's so much bigger, I fluff out the bow to create a different look (Example). As you can see, I use shawls, satin scarves you'd wear around your neck/shoulders...really anything big enough to cover my head.

Thanks again Nonie the second pic is just tooo cute. I like the first but you know some other folks just don't know style and I don't want to have to fight nobody about froufrou. :grin:

It's too cold for that in NJ!

What do you mean? I'd think plastic under anything (woolly hat, wrap, etc) would be way warmer than just not having anything at all. Haven't you ever heard of wrapping your feet with plastic before putting on socks and keeping them toasty warm? I've never tried it, but I've heard of people who cannot afford really toasty warm X degrees below zero weather boots using this trick to keep warm.

IMO, if you put on plastic and then cover that with anything, cold air is getting nowhere near your head.

I completely agree with Nonie.

I only learned about baggying a few months ago.

Now I do it all the time and I find my hair is less haylike and dry 3-4 days after a wash, like it normally becomes by that time.

I do just what Nonie does: without anything on my dry hair (except the 4-day old leave in/gel, of course) I put on a plastic conditioning cap.

Then I top it with one of my many many scarves, wraps, my beautiful pink and black PrettyWrap (Google it) that gets many compliments, etc. ..AND yes, under my halfwigs!!

The best part is that it doesn't matter what material I use in a scarf or wrap or hat; doesn't have to be silk/satin. Even coarse yarn and wool beanies and hats work because the plastic is between them and my hair.

I used to baggy when my hair was shorter.. but now that it's gotten longer I don't know if it will work.

How long is your hair? When curly, my hair is just above shoulder in the front and just below shoulder in the back. I usually have to make 2 sections and twist them, then pin them up near the top of the crown, then cover with the plastic.

I'm in VA and it does get cold.

I use anything big enough to cover my head, coz I don't worry about the material since the baggy is protecting my hair from drying. As far as styling, styles are endless. I don't know how to do the beautiful West African wraps that my friend calls froufrou so I just do my own crazy things, which she also calls froufrou and has made me promise to never wear around her :giggle: . (Example) Or I just tie it like you would a bandana and then coz it's so much bigger, I fluff out the bow to create a different look (Example). As you can see, I use shawls, satin scarves you'd wear around your neck/shoulders...really anything big enough to cover my head.

You always make me smile and giggle, nonie, wherever I am.

I was looking for just the thing. I may baggie during the day but I'd really like to focus on baggying when at home because the furnace makes the air so dry in my big old ghetto home. :grin:

Once I get me some half wigs in a few weeks, I'll start baggying under them.

MUST............MAKE................APL!!

I baggy under my wig all the time. It helps keep my hair moisturized longer. I spray my hair with Oyin Juices n Berries every other day and baggy everyday. My hair loves me for it.

I live in Michigan and I baggied for two years. I wore half wigs and phony ponies and a bun. My real pony was always moisturized with s curl and evoo covered by a sandwich bag secured with a covered band. I went from shoulder length to mbl with this method.

I don't baggy, I just moisturize and oil my hair. Then I braid it, and apply a wig cap. I just don't feel like putting the extra effort into my hair by baggying constantly. Call it a "lazy phase" for me.

Once I get me some half wigs in a few weeks, I'll start baggying under them.

MUST............MAKE................APL!!
Barbie I'm right there with you girl. I have to make it. Just because they telling me I can't. We'll show them:grin: APL APL!!!!!!!!!

Back