Introduce Yourself Here

considerate said:
Hello everyone. Just found this forum the other day and have been reading till my eyes are green. Well I find this site to be very informative and just had a few questions. I have always had long hair when I was in school, but kept cutting it and now it's like it just will not grow. Well I have ordered the MTG today and purchased the Mane N Tail conditioner, shampoo, leave in conditioner spray, and the grease. Washed hair for the first time with this stuff. Also did a trim on hair. I am really hoping that this will work because I want my hair to be at bra strap length by the end of next year. How often should I use the conditioner and shampoo. Also I was just wondering has anyone ever had an allergic reaction to the MTG. I have had an allergic reaction from AFROOGEE Reconstructor for leaving on for about a hour and 1/2. Had to end up going to the emergency room.:mad: I am really ready for my hair to grow out. Always had thick hair and long but now its not long but still kind of thick. I also wanted to find out about the MSG and the what is a Dominician Blowout.. What are the best vitamins to take for hair growth?
I've been doing a lot of research on healthy hair for blk women/girls. Its taken me months. I wouldn't use grease at all. The petrolatum and mineral oil will coat your scalp and your hair and not allow any of your natural moisturie or added moisturizers penetrate to keep your hair strong. Be sure you pick a shampoo that is good for relaxed hair or chemically treated hair (if you hair is relaxed) and deep condition(under a dryer) at once a week. You should use a protein conditioner if your hair is breaking (clearly aphogee is not the one for you but Elasta QP does have a protein serum that I like. After the protein treatment make sure you moisturize your damp hair with something. I like Organics Olive Oil, Elasta QP Oil Recovery Moisturizer and Neutrogena Triple Moisture. You don't have to over do it on the moisturizer. Just make sure you apply it all over and pay special attention to your ends.Good luck! I understand the frustration which is why I started the research in the first place.

Greetings To All!!!

I have to tell you, this is the BEST site I have ever seen! The info on here is PRICELESS!

I have learned so much in the past few days,I had to join!

I have applied the Phyto relaxer (LOVE IT!!!), decided to mix my own hair care products (ingreds already on order), and am ready to take my hair back!!!!

This is wonderful!
Keep Sharing!!!

MJ :lol:

tbrown

:) Hi, I am so excited about joining this site.

I have been spying for the last two weeks and I have gotten some really good tips.

I can't wait to get my hair healthy again.

Goal - To get my neck length hair healthy
2 Goal- shoulder length

hi guys im so glad i found this site. but i need to know what shampoo and stuff to use. my hair is bra strap i only get a perm every 3 months and my hairdresser does it because i would never try it.so anybody can tell what to buy please do because i need help.

Hi, I wanted to introduce myself.
I’m new, as you can tell by the post.
This sight and the research that I obtained from the sight have been an answer to my prayers from 2 years ago. I give Father God all the glory.
I’m asking God to bless all the beautiful, caring, sharing women here.That He would bless you all at the point of your needs. I’ll be posting my picks from May to current in the next few days-weeks. ;)

God 's best
KJ

Robin D. Groover said:
Hi Everyone,

This is like a dream come true. People who want advice about healthy hair. Beautiful hair is my passion and claim to fame. I have grown out countless women's hair since 1990. The experience that I have will help all of you dealing with natural hair, chemical changes and home maintenance. I am planning a consumer seminar for women who really want to grow their hair out long. If you are interested please let me know.:p

Thank you so muxh for your offer...I'm very interested in all of your info:)

Hello everybody! I'm brand spanking new here and can't wait to get started on properly growing and maintaining my hair. I;m not a complete stranger to haircare but I've been away at college for the past three yeas and haven't exactly had the opportunity (well lets be real, the $$:p ) to take care of my hair the way I wanted to. From what I've seen so far everyone here seems to know what they're talking about and I can;t wait to learn more!!!

HELLO EVERYONE!!! I have been lurking this site for months!!!! Until just yesterday when I finally got my subscription paid and validated!!!:p I am SO EXCITED about being an active member now!! I have been posting like crazy since yesterday!!! Since I have found this site, it has helped so much with my hair. There are things I used to do to my hair previously that I would dare DREAM of doing NOW!!!!! I have told my family about it, but I am getting tired of always talking hair with them, because it seems like they dont understand!!!! So I turn to the webpage where I get ALL of MY VALIDATION!!!!:D I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT MY HEALTHY HAIR GROWING JOURNEY!!!!! :grin:

Hello my sisters!

I'm new here. My goal is to grow my hair longer while maintaing a healthy mane. I'm also a member of Fotki as of July 06. My hometown is the great city of HOUSTON, TEXAS!. And yes, I am very Houston Proud. My current location is Greensboro, NC. I've been happily married for 3 blessed years and we both lovvvvvvve to travel. I look forward to meeting everyone and learning more and more about hair care.

Be Blessed!

ReneeD

Hello all-
I just joined the forum yesterday--I can't seem to stay off the site. I am so excited about joining this forum:grin:

Hi everyone,
my name is Abie (ak46). I'm fairly new on the forum...this is my first post, but I have been lurking around trying to put together my own regimen using these helpful tips you all give; thank you for that ;). I am very happy that I joined, i'm just sad it took me so long to find it, what was I doing with my life :lol:. I have also started a fotki documenting my progress, feel free to take a peek.

Hello Everyone,

I am a newcomer to this site. I have been reading the threads for about a month now. I finally decided to set up an account and post a note. I've gotten alot of helpful information from you all. I've always had difficulty growing my hair out. I'm looking forward to doing things differently this time and getting different results. :grin:

Chrystalc said:
Hello All!

I have been registered for a while now, but I have never posted. I would just like to say that I have learned so much from you all and I really appreciate this site. Thank you sistas for all of the advice.

i 2 have been registered, but am now able to post. i hope i'm doing this right. i love all the information that i have obtained for everyones post-thank you very much. it's all very informative. i have purshed the mtg but have no ideal how to use it, can someone please help me-thanks.

Hello from the Windy City! After lurking around on this site for two weeks, I finally became a member :clapping: . I have enjoyed reading posts from others who really take the care of their hair seriously. My goal is to grow my shoulder length hair to BSL. With all the info this site provides and my diligence, I'm sure I'll get there. I look forward to participating in this fabulous forum!

Hello everyone. I am a newbie myself. I have lost several nights sleep being totally addicted to this website. I have read, reread, tried and have invested several several dollars in product ALREADY. One evening on here I almost cried :( at how much info is out here at my disposal and didn't know it. Years of weave wearin, wig wearin, and thinking I'm just destined to have short hair! The devil is a liar! :mad:

You guys are a pillar of inspiration and I am excited about my new hair goals. :grin: I am now on surge, wgho, 3 co washes a week with suave humectant, Pantene pro v break defense(although many people have said on the threads that they didn't particularly like pro v) but it works for me. (once I use it all, I will graduate to Nexus) But then again ANYTHING will work for the condition my hair was in. I'm also using UBH Dew and Lotion creme. And Neutrogenia Triple moisture deep conditioner, as well as infusium 23 moisturizing formula and garnier fructis leave in conditioner. I will be investing in MTG this weekend and I am 10 weeks post. I will be also investing in Phyto index 2 when I go for my touch up in November. (Pray I'll last that long- I already look like Cuzin It :eek: with 6 inch hair)

Contrary to belief, I though I had really hard hair. It is 4a/b but with just one week under weigh in my hair care, my new growth is as soft as can be.:p I will be doing a homeade Protein treatment with Egg, mayonaise, MSM powder, Olive oil and Peppermint oil. Right now my protective hairstyle is a pull back in a pitiful ponytail and I baggie my tiny ponytail and put on a netted wig cap not that dried up nylon one, and my short short light weight wig which is as fly as can be. luckily i look the bomb in short hair. :lol:

I am on Niacin 500mg, MSM 500mg, Biotin, 1000 mg, miracle 2000 liquid vitamins, and vitamin c 1000 mg.

I do have 2 questions for the experts.
1. Can someone help me with the niacin supplement thang? I tried 2 days on that stuff and I felt like I was on crack!!!!! :eek: Has anyone tried niacin flush free and if you have does it still work?

2. I just ate some Vanilla yogurt and noticed the ingredients had whey protein concentrate, and glycerin. I said hmmm - maybe this may work on my hair as a treatment. What ya'll think especially because I read about using yeast infection treatment to stimulate hair growth as well.

anyone?
oh and can someone tell me how ya'll take those pictures of the back of your hair.?

Welcome to all the newbies!! We're thrilled to have you with us! :trampolin

nomoweavesfome, there are a couple of ways you can take back shots.

-The first is to have someone do it for you.
-The second is to hold the camera up yourself over your head, pointing the camera downwards. (not very easy to do, but many here manage very well.)
-The third and easiest way way for me is to use a web cam. I sit in front of my computer and turn my back to the camera and click the picture.

I'm sure the other ladies may have other suggestions.

Once again, welcome!! :wave:

Hello Ladies!!
I'm pretty new to this site as well. i just joined on this past Friday and I'm soooooo glad I did because I have received a wealth of information from this site while lurking on it for a few months :). I relax my hair every 12 weeks and just started self relaxing (thanks for the encouragement Priestess), my hair type is about a 4a and I take care of my hair at home, I used to go to the salon just for touch ups. I look forward to sharing and receiving even more healthy hair care info with my sisters on this site. Right now the front of my hair is at the bottom of my neck and the back is just grazing shoulder length. God willing I'll reach bra strap length by the end of next year or sooner :)!

Blessed hair growing to all of you my Sisters!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ladies,

I have been getting very good ideas on keeping my hair healthy and growing from this board for the last 2 months. I finally made the choice to join, mainly because every once in a while I come across something I could share with you all.
I live in the Atlanta area, but originally from Southern California and Las Vegas. I have always had short hair, did the braids thing for about 4 years. I currently have shoulder length hair, but because I have made losing weight (working out) my priority, my hair is suffering big time. My main staples are Phyto relaxer every 10 weeks (I go to the salon for all chemical services) and maxi-glide, those have helped my hair. I am not sure what hair type I have, its somewhat thin/fine. I am currently co-waching my hair with Motions CPR Treatment every 4 days ( based on their recomendation on their website) which has helped my hair.

I am thinking about getting Tree Braids to help my hair while I work out... but I am still just thinking about it.

Well that is all for now... I look forward to learning a lot more from the group...

Tiffany

Hey, everyone! I've been lurking here for a LONG time, but finally decided to post. I love this site! I've gotten some very helpful info from everyone, and I'm looking forward to posting more often!

I'm finally posting! I've been a lurker for sometime...I just found out how to post messages, so here I am. I've used so much of the info offered here. Right now, I have been using MTG with good results. I just recently started the Black castor oil, various vitamins, Eqyss avacodo mist, Premier Rehydrant Spray and Mega-tek Rebuilder. I am very pleased so far. This is a great site and the information is invaluable.

Iweenie said:
I'm finally posting! I've been a lurker for sometime...I just found out how to post messages, so here I am. I've used so much of the info offered here. Right now, I have been using MTG with good results. I just recently started the Black castor oil, various vitamins, Eqyss avacodo mist, Premier Rehydrant Spray and Mega-tek Rebuilder. I am very pleased so far. This is a great site and the information is invaluable.

Hi Iweenie, I have also been lurking around for sometime welcome to the site ..Happy Growing:p :p

Hi Everyone:dance7:

I have been stalking this site for a good two weeks finally decided just to join so much great advice here kinda hard to pass up.

Hello Ladies!

I'm new to the site! I stumbled on this website last week and the hair care tips are priceless. I share your common goal of wanting longer hair and I was well on my way until I got the notion to get a new hairdo (layers)....BIG mistake! I'm over the initial shock as that was my drama two months ago, now I'm on the road to recovery. Glad to see I have company!

My hair is at my bra strap, but my goal is four inches longer! I'm giving myself a year to achieve this goal but if it happens sooner, you'll be the first to know.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I've been lurking for quite sometime and promise to get better with posting. I've always been into hair care, at least i thought. After finding this site I realized that i didn't know jack about no hair care. Anyway, I lurked and lurked and took all the advice given to others re: relaxers, poos, cond., protecting those ends, etc.

Anyway, this site is awesome and the ladies here are very knowledgeable and informative. I've been impressed since the first day that i stumbled across this site and each day i learn something new.

My hat goes off to LHCF, much respect. :)

Is this the place where we are supposed to introduce ourselves? I was unsure anyway I heard good things about this site and I look forward to being apart of the longhaircare community.

Hi I just joined the site today while at work:grin: . Like everyone else I have been reading through the forum and gettin tips on better caring for my hair.

When I was younger I had waist length hair till my mami decided to chop it off. Grew it again to wasitlength for my quinces and then had the crazy notion to relax my hair.. Well it ALL fell off!!!(I have 3b 3c)Grew it out somemore but its been years and I cant seem to get it past bsl when its in its natural state. I used to blow dry alot but have stopped bc everytime i go I get a trim bc hairdresser says my puntas are dry and crazy lookin.

Things I have begun to do is
No Heat
CW
No Salons

Thanks and I am so excited will post pics soon when learn to navigate this site.:D

HI LADIES!!! THIS IS LAYDEE:grin: NEW TO THE SITE-AND IAM SO HAPPY I FOUND IT. I'VE LEARNED SO MUCH IN 2 WEEKS. THIS SITE IS SO INFORMATIVE.

Hello! Like everyone else, here, I'm brand new...though I've been haunting the boards for a little while now... For the last few months, I've been trying to get serious about my hair care practices, and LHCF is such a motivator and inspiration. I look forward to happy, healthy hair!!! :D

Back